Late but who cares: your thoughts about MJ.

Started by BLaw, July 05, 2009, 01:58PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So sir mister Michael Jackson is dead. Just want to know your thoughts about the man who carved a path for many other artists and bands.

My own thoughts: He's legendary. His musical talent, voice- and dancewise. Unmatchable.

His life was so controversial, always in the spotlight, but his talent as musician and dancer was extraordinary and undeniable. A great artist who unfortunately was more famous for the scandals arround his life than for his work in the last part of his career.
But at the end, as Blaw say, he's a legend and his contributions to the industry of entertainment are invaluables.

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

i wasn't a fan of his music actually, but he was a pretty good dancer. [/shrug]

Agree with Blaw, he was one of the greatest musicians of all time and also that the media should leave his private life alone.

Quote from: Venom on July 05, 2009, 11:27PM
Agree with Blaw, he was one of the greatest musicians of all time and also that the media should leave his private life alone.
1. No, he wasn't "one of the greatest musicians of all time". Of the album "thriller" he wrote 3 of the 9 songs and co-wrote one. He did not play the instruments, and his voice was adequate but not by any means great. He did nothing which others had not already done and was not an innovator nor a genius.
2. Sleeping in the same bed as little boys who can describe your Male thingy is not your "private life", it's a crime.
3. When a vain, greedy, narcissistic pervert dies, that does not elevate them to Godhood. Get a grip.

July 06, 2009, 04:05AM #5 Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:14AM by Venom
1.Quote from Wikipedia :
A musician is a person who plays or writes music. Musicians can be classified by their roles in creating or performing music:
An instrumentalist plays a musical instrument.
A singer (or vocalist) uses his or her voice as an instrument.
Composers, songwriters and arrangers create musical compositions, songs and arrangements. These may be transcribed in music notation, performed or recorded.
A conductor leads a musical ensemble. A conductor can simultaneously act as an instrumentalist in the ensemble.
A recording artist creates recorded music, such as CDs and MP3 files.

Mj plays/performs and writes/creates music he also is a singer that uses his voice as an instrument,composes music and records music.
I don't see how this doesnt show him as a musician.

2. Something that hasn't been proved,also wasn't proved to be an exact match to description and closed due to lack of evidence is not a crime. Dont you think its a odd the family would settle it out of court considering the amount of money MJ had and then after it was settled the family didnt say anymore about it making the police close the case.

3. You cant judge him on what the media says about him they are payed to make him look bad and you would not know any better because you have never met him.I dont see him as a god of music but as a great among the likes of Elvis, I am also not a major fan of his besides liking some of his more well-known songs.

Im not trying to defend him because I dont know him aswell as other members would from being long time fans but these are my views.

There are a lot better musicians who go unnoticed. I find Whacko Jacko highly overrated.

Still, I appreciate that his fans miss him. To me it's just another celebrity death.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on July 06, 2009, 03:21AM1. Of the album "thriller" he wrote 3 of the 9 songs and co-wrote one.

Except that those four songs on Thriller were all big singles that made it to the top 10. 

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on July 06, 2009, 03:21AM2. Sleeping in the same bed as little boys who can describe your Male thingy is not your "private life", it's a crime.

None of which he was ever convicted of.  Not saying he wasn't weird, but there was never any actual proof that he did these things or whether it was just media frenzy.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on July 06, 2009, 03:21AM3. When a vain, greedy, narcissistic pervert dies, that does not elevate them to Godhood. Get a grip.

To be fair he was considered "The King of Pop" by the industry.  I don't think he's getting elevated to Godhood by fans, but more by the media.  Go yell at them.

I'm not saying you don't have a point -- people idolized him a bit much, but on the other side people were much too harsh.  The guy was a talented singer and dancer, and spent lots of money and time to world-helping causes.  He's had a lot of controversy about his personal life, but none of that was ever proven factual.  If you don't like him I totally understand, but still.

I grew up with his music, but when I got to be a teenager, I got more into heavy metal so I really didn't pay much attention to him. I was a little upset knowing that someone I grew up listening to passed, but I'm not gonna crack jokes or continue goin on and on about him. I think I was more devasted with Farra Faucet (However you spell her name) dying lol. Not to be mean or nuthin...

He was a great performer, I don't see how people can deny that. And about the molestation cases, none were proven, the parents were always shifty money hungry people who put their want for money over their kids needs. In the first case the dad was taped recorded saying "If I go through with this, I win big-time. There's no way I lose. I will get everything I want and they will be destroyed forever...Michael's career will be over". And like Venom mentioned the kids description was close but not a definite match. For the second case he was found not guilty, and again the parents were shifty (slightly crazy) money hungry people.

I was never a fan of his (I'm still not), and thought he was a pedophile.  But when you actually look at the cases and the people associated with them, you realize why he wasn't convicted.

I think in the future he will be seen as a great musician, not the white, no nose weirdo he turned into.  Look at Elvis, no body ever remembers the fat drug addict, just the young, good looking Elvis.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

July 06, 2009, 04:31PM #10 Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:33PM by piutebob
Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on July 06, 2009, 03:21AM
2. Sleeping in the same bed as little boys who can describe your Male thingy is not your "private life", it's a crime.
Oh, and he was actually basicly a 10 year old in a 50 year old's body. At least that's what someone who did a study on his brain said. He just had sleepovers, and he most of the time slept on the floor. When he was on the bed, he was on it, not in it. At least, taht's what I've been told.
I'm not a fan of MJ either, I don't even listen to his stuff.

You say that as if it's all right.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on July 06, 2009, 03:21AM

How hard is it to describe someone's Male thingy? "Um, it's got a shaft, a head, and um, 2 balls in a scrotum." Come on...
The thing that irritates me the most about this whole thing, is that people who didn't like him, now suddenly do. You don't just instantly like someone just because theyve died. I know its sad when anyone dies, i understand that perfectly, but changing your opinion of somebody because theyve died, just to get yourself a seat on the bandwagon? Pathetic...

All true. And I can understand Tommy's point aswell, if you would believe the parents of the abused kids, if any really are abused.
- Michael was pushed in the industry from like age 6 or so?
- He might have skipped his childhood because of his career?
- Might never had a love in his teenage years or any interaction with other kids of his age?

Again, I believe MJ's side of the story. And I'm not a crazed fan.

great singer and dancer, I particularly like his Jackson 5 era. the worst thing about it all is that all the controversy and scandals overshadowed all his charity work and important messages in songs like Earth Song, Heal the World and so on.
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."