Frequently Asked Questions / Useful information

Started by kfcrispy, February 19, 2007, 10:02AM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 19, 2007, 10:02AM Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 12:01PM by kfcrispy
You can start a new game using any Saved Data once Hard Mode is unlocked. To unlock Hard Mode, beat the game on Normal Mode (NOT EASY MODE) or load a Hard Mode save and re-save it to your system.

Equipment such as "Superman's Briefs" have random bonuses for powers and attack or defense. You can pick up a Superman's Briefs that do +1 to Super Strength +2 Defense and later find a Superman's Briefs that give him +3 to X-Ray Vision and +14 Attack.

Those circular M icons that fall on the ground are Xtreme tokens. Characters who have the Xtreme move unlocked can fill up their Xtreme meter instantly with the Xtreme tokens as long as the meter is not already full.

Finishers are the special attacks that all characters can pull off from a normal melee series: Uppercut, Stun, and Trip.

Wolverine's "locked" powers and lack of skill points: Wolverine is a unique character who can enter "Rage Mode", and during this mode his secondary Powers (ones directly beneath the normal-looking ones) replace his primary Powers. He will gain less skill points per level because each time you increase a Power, you're actually increasing two powers.. so Activision decided he needs to gain less skill points than others. However, the cost of buying skill points for Wolverine is no different from buying them for other characters.

Captain America's Simulator Mission boss fight: You can reset the timer by finding 2 consoles that are active and de-activating them.

Wolverine's Simular Mission: Kill the boss as quickly as possible. Tip: pump points into Lethal Lunge, which hits twice on enemies Wolverine can't tackle.

Silver Surfer is unlocked by getting Bronze or better on all Simulator Missions.

The item Dragon Polymer decreases your max EP (in-game description is no mistake: 75% Energy)

Known (useful) "bugs":
-Powers that usually pick-up/tackle/stun/etc normal enemies will only deal damage to bosses. Wolverine's Lethal Lunge has two points in his lunge where he can hit normal enemies, so it actually hits bosses twice without the tackle. Nick Fury's Furious will only look like a punch on a boss and lets you repeat it quickly. Spider-Man's Web Warrior will hit a boss, and you can proceed to shoot it again without the throw animation (according to some people, it also costs 0 EP since the throw animation doesn't happen, can anyone confirm?).

-Items that say they increase damage for powers that are a certain element will actually change the "element" of all or most powers and increase damage for those powers by the said amount. Example: Asgard Armor will make Mr. Fantastic deal Electric damage with his powers and they will all do +50% damage. Keep that in mind for Mandarin's White Ring, Asgard Armor, Starbolt's Flame, and Dark Uru Hammer.

-Thor's Rage pushes normal enemies back so the rest of its attacks do not always hit.

-When Moon Knight equips an item that adds elemental damage to melee, he always uses his staff for normal melee. Team melee boosts do not have this effect.

-Sometimes, items you have equipped will gain properties of the previously item worn by the character. If the previously worn gear was a unique one from a boss, the bug copies the last listed bonus. If the previously worn gear was a personal gear, it will copy the Power's +X levels bonus, and then if the bugged gear is put on someone else, it appears to increase all powers and costumes by X (but it doesn't necessarily do that). If anybody knows a sure way to reproduce this, please let us know!

-Human Torch's Nova Blast buff increases his Power Damage.

-Mr. Fantastic's Fantastic Fists buff increases his Power Damage.

-Silver Surfer's Molecular Mix-Up uses the base damage of Cosmic Beam. Max Cosmic Beam, put no points in Mix-Up, fully charge and release Cosmic Beam and spam Mix-Up!

-Black Panther's Panther Claw, when tapped, uses the base damage from its previous use. Charge it fully to have the tapped version deal charged damage!

-Damage per second means the total damage listed will occur over one second. Generally, these attacks deal small amounts of damage multiple times per second.

QuoteKnown (useful) "bugs":
-Powers that usually pick-up/tackle/stun/etc normal enemies will only deal damage to bosses. Wolverine's Lethal Lunge has two points in his lunge where he can hit normal enemies, so it actually hits bosses twice without the tackle. Nick Fury's Furious will only look like a punch on a boss and lets you repeat it quickly. Spider-Man's Web Warrior will hit a boss, and you can proceed to shoot it again without the throw animation (according to some people, it also costs 0 EP since the throw animation doesn't happen, can anyone confirm?).

Yes, I can confirm that.
Whenever I use "Web Warrior" on bosses (except Mephisto; Mephisto can be thrown), no energy was used!

Mephisto can be thrown!?!? Whoa, sweet. I gotta try that on my PS2 2day.

yes, but not always. You can only throw him at certain times... I forgot whether it was the time Mephisto holding the red sword or not... @_@

Sorry to resurrect a very old thread but I had a question about another possible (useful) bug.

Daredevil's 4th skin, Marvel Knight, has the 21% Melee Damage ability. This definitely works well but I think it might also boosts all of his power moves, too. I've tested this over and over again in the simulator missions. That skin also has the Skill Boost ability, 10% chance to perform powers at +1 level. I wanted to be sure that the extra damage I see with Extensive Strike, Devastation, or Baton Throw happen 100% of the time. It does and will boost even further once in while, with the Skill Boost ability.

I've searched the forums several times but I haven't seen anything about this. Can someone please try to confirm this on their own systems? BTW, I'm playing on PC.

It's probably because the damage type boosted by the skill is also used for those powers.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on July 08, 2009, 05:31AM
It's probably because the damage type boosted by the skill is also used for those powers.

Basically, Daredevil's melee is boosted 21% as it should be. But his power attacks are also boosted 21%. Does that happen often? Where boosting one attribute will also enhance other properties/powers of the character?

It's like if Storm has a skill that boosts electric power damage by 21% and she had a skill that also adds electric to her melee attacks then that would also get boosted. So basically, if a damage type is boosted then every instance of it will also be boosted - even if it's outside the description.

I understand what you saying but it doesn't seem to work with any others that I tried. Cap's US Agent and Panther's Ceremonial two examples that boost the melee damage 21% but do not affect the power damage. It just seems to work with Daredevil and this particular uniform. The baton power damage goes above what the Classic/Original uniforms do. It's pretty great though when all of the cards line up: 21% increase in Extensive Strike; +1 skill boost; and add a critical hit. It is something like 746 damage going out and the same coming back.

Captain America and the Black Panther probably use a different type of damage for their powers. BP probably uses blade damage and Cap probably uses physical damage.