The Jean Grey Thread

Started by marvelfan12345, July 19, 2009, 08:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: marvelfan12345 on July 23, 2009, 04:48PM
A developer Q and A for Jean Grey. It really has good reviews on her. Too bad they don't talk about her telepathy.

http://marvelultimatealliance.marvel.com/en/news_comments/developer_qa_on_the_making_of_jean_grey/

Maybe, because it seems that (after see the trailer and her gameplay) she only has telekinetic powers.

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I hope she has some telepathic moves. I think she has one but they aren't talking about it yet as it will be a suprise. I mean telepathy is a big part of Jean. To me that is like only giving Sue force fields without invisibility or Storm with lightning but no other weather powers.

Ok found another video with Jean. It shows gameplay with Jean, Wolverine, Storm, and Deadpool. Plus you get to see Storm and Jean's fusion.

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6213946/

Perhaps she has one, maybe a boost.
I know, but if she's only a telekinetic, it's because they probably will add another psychic character with telepathy as the main power. Emma Frost and Cable came to my mind in this moment. I don't count Psylocke since she's a full telekinetic now, but at this point all can be possible, so...

Jean/Storm fussion is the same that she has with Thor.

Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

What exactly is Jean and Storm's fusion. Didn't get it completely. Also looks like she has some projectile power. What other powers did you see?

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on July 23, 2009, 05:11PM
What exactly is Jean and Storm's fusion. Didn't get it completely. Also looks like she has some projectile power. What other powers did you see?

Jean uses her telekinesis to "bond" a bunch of enemies and then Storm strikes them with a lighting bolt, same as Jean/Thor's fussion at the trailer.
I saw some kind of psychic (orange)beam at 0:14/0:16 (if it's a beam can count as telepathic, if it's a proyectile can count as TK, I think)
Almost inmediate I saw a telekintetic lift, she raises her hand and lift an oponent into the air and then slam into the floor at 0:18 before the machine explodes.
Obviously her slam with fiery effect
A some kind of charge move at 0:40 not sure if it's a boost or anything else.

That's all, I think, lol :)

Phoenix Endsong #5

I think she has these powers.

Some fiery beam (from video)

A fiery blast that casts enemies on fire (from gameplay trailer)

Her telekinesis (from photo)

One power where she causes tk knockback (video at 0:18 I think that is what you may have seen or I may have seen it wrong)

And a move where she pulls in enemies and objects before Storm zaps them all with lightning (fusion from video)

I think that move from :40 is a telekinetic shield blocking bullets

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on July 23, 2009, 05:34PM
I think that move from :40 is a telekinetic shield blocking bullets

That's make sense... mmm yup, maybe you are right, a tk shield that block bullets (and maybe another attacks)... I like it!

Phoenix Endsong #5

I think the projectile is a telekinetic power. I so wish she had a telepathic one. If she doesn't Emma or Psylocke may still have chances. I'm afraid that if Psylocke gets in she will have more tk and fightning skill moves than telepathy.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on July 23, 2009, 05:41PM
I think the projectile is a telekinetic power. I so wish she had a telepathic one. If she doesn't Emma or Psylocke may still have chances.

I know, I'm crossing my fingers for miss Frost ^_^

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on July 23, 2009, 05:41PM
I'm afraid that if Psylocke gets in she will have more tk and fightning skill moves than telepathy.

And that's the same reason of why I don't count her as telepath along Emma or Cable.

Phoenix Endsong #5

OMG the gameplay is awesome! I can't wait to play it now ^_^

I kind of want Emma in the initial roster but I don't see her in. I doubt Cyclops will make it in or any other X-Men for that matter. I want Cyke, Spider-Woman, and Ms. Marvel.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on July 23, 2009, 05:47PM
I kind of want Emma in the initial roster but I don't see her in. I doubt Cyclops will make it in or any other X-Men for that matter. I want Cyke, Spider-Woman, and Ms. Marvel.

Well my friend, hope is the last thing that we can lose, and you can prove it! lol
Ms Marvel is probably in, but Cycke and Spider woman, I doubt it. It's a shame because Spider Woman was an amazing character in the first MUA.

Phoenix Endsong #5

I was hoping for Moonstone but then Penance got in "growns...."

Wow. That's all I can say wow. That fusion was incredible. Just wish it would get out already
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0