Do you think...

Started by Angel, July 25, 2009, 02:11PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Marvel or the producers of the the game have looked through these forums and used the mods? Maybe even based some of the new moves on some of the new ones modders have made?

Probably not but I noticed some of Iron Fist's moves looked quite similar. Though they probably just reused Elektra stuff.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

They probably checked it out to see what we had done, but i doubt they used some of the mods moves for the new characters.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I'm under the impression that they have the right to use whatever the users of the game (aka us) make for it (at least that's what I think it says on the very first screens when you turn the game on).

Second, if I were a programmer, I'd definitely check the mods, and grab the better ideas, at least as a starting point.

Third, Iron Fist is the only 100% original mod character that's going to be in MUA2. From the rest of the roster:
a) they were originally in MUA1, either out of the box or DLC.
b) their mods were based on their XML appearances (Juggernaut, Gambit, Jean Grey)
c) their mods don't exist (Green Goblin, Songbird, Penance)
so there isn't a lot they could've copied.

Thanks for that Gevth, I was thinking that same thing but was to lazy to type it up.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Yea guess your right Gevth :P

I read somewhere that Iron Fist was going to be a PSP exclusive and he was pulled at the very last minute, so the PSP version of MUA still (apparently) has Iron Fists files on the UMD. They could easily have ripped moves from that.

Shauny's right when looking through the charinfo.xml you can find Iron Fist and Longshot as exculsives for PSP.

And I don't think that they'll look at this website unless they thought "Let's see what the modders and talented people think of us" so it's a maybe for me.
Life, it's a simple thing; it doesn't shout or scream or even ignore you. No life takes what it gets, it expects that it is fate, it expects that the only thing stopping it's self is its self. But what if, what if the only thing stopping you from becoming you is some-one you love. That's my life...

Quote from: Shauny7488 on August 03, 2009, 09:06PM
I read somewhere that Iron Fist was going to be a PSP exclusive and he was pulled at the very last minute, so the PSP version of MUA still (apparently) has Iron Fists files on the UMD. They could easily have ripped moves from that.

Nope.  He and Longshot were mentioned in one place on the UMD, and only one place.  So at one time they were planned, but there's nothing left to salvage, and from 10+ years of experience I'd say they weren't very far along if there was nothing left but two mentions in one file.

Yeah I remember they said how Psylocke was originally to be in the game.

Quote from: Teancum on August 04, 2009, 07:15AM
Nope.  He and Longshot were mentioned in one place on the UMD, and only one place.  So at one time they were planned, but there's nothing left to salvage, and from 10+ years of experience I'd say they weren't very far along if there was nothing left but two mentions in one file.

Thanks for clearing that up :D

It's strange that both of those are in charinfo, while the eventual psp exclusives weren't.

That is weird. Perhaps when those two were scrapped the other four were put in. What does charinfo do for the game?

Charinfo is the file that tells the game what characters are available when. You can't simply change the lines for Iron Fist and Longshot, though, as (without mods) they don't exist anywhere else in the game.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Do they still contain there actors (skins)?
Life, it's a simple thing; it doesn't shout or scream or even ignore you. No life takes what it gets, it expects that it is fate, it expects that the only thing stopping it's self is its self. But what if, what if the only thing stopping you from becoming you is some-one you love. That's my life...