Features you haven't seen in MUA2 videos/articles that you'll miss from MUA1

Started by Teancum, August 12, 2009, 07:23AM

Previous topic - Next topic
INDIVIDUAL Xtremes

Fusions are cool, waaaay cool.  But they don't have the WOW! factor of Xtremes, and I want to be able to execute super moves by myself as well as combining powers with others.  If they could put Xtremes back in (which they won't) I'd love it.  It would need to have an option to allow you to only execute one Xtreme if you have more than one character ready.  I hated that I had four characters Xtreme-ready, and all four of them execute rather than just the one character I wanted to.

Hubs

From what I've read/seen it seems like they aren't using hubs (like Stark Tower).  They haven't outright said that, but all of their 'streamlining things' statements seem to lead to the fact that character swapping, skill updating, trivia, etc are all done at the pause menu, meaning they don't need hub locations.  I hope they still put em in.

MUA1 Characters

I'm the first to say "I understand" when it comes to wanting to put every character in, and having the time and money to do so. Still, I'll miss  :genis: :colossus: :cyclops: :ghostr: :hawkeye: :iceman: :magneto: :moonk: :nightcrawler: :ronin: and  :silvers:.  I personally won't miss  :blade: or  :elektra:, but that's just me.  If they came out with a "MUA1 Characters Pack" as DLC for MUA2 I'd buy it, even if it was overpriced.

Your thoughts?

My Team
It seems they're not bringing back the "My Team" feature which, although poorly done in MUA1, was a nice thing to have. If you could name and pick a logo for your team in MUA2, without bonuses or anything, I'd be satisfied.

Boosts, Buffs and Debuffs
They've gotten rid of the Boost's powers in MUA2. Well, at least how they were in MUA1. Now they seem to be a side effect of an offensive power, rather than a power on its own. I'll have to wait and see if they work well enough. It will not be as fun if all characters attack at the same speed, for example.

I won't miss extremes as they were done poorly and often the same with some guy jumping in the air and slamming down. Fusions are more realistic in the comics and movies.

MUAI Characters

I'll miss Cyclops, Spider-Woman, Elektra, Magneto, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer.
:cyclops: :spiderwoman: :elektra: :magneto: :strange: :silvers:

Fusions are reused a bunch of times too.  Invisible Woman+Hulk, Songbird+Hulk, Invisible Woman+Juggy, Songbird+Juggy are all the same --- the 'hamster ball'

If only :blade: was more like Wesley Snipes in the movies: fast paced melee and range kinda fighter. I definetly agree with TC on the X-Tremes, hubs and chars.

Going TC-style

[orange]Gear[/orange]
Actually a feature that MUA1 also misses: the ability to equip yourself with different kind of gear. MUA1 allowed you to equip 1 item only. XML2 a lot of items (or three, what was it again? ain't got the game anymore :( ). Would be cool if they actually made the gear visible on your character.

[orange]A thing they should leave out of the game[/orange]
Unlocking characters when beating the game. That's the worst idea in every game out there. Why not WHILE PLAYING THE GAME so you can actually enjoy the character in the same story?

Yeah but I enjoy them more. When in comics do you really see Spider-Man yell I have enough energy!! And then he does Bungee Bash.

I think fusions are a great idea!

I like the ability to change characters on the fly rather than going to a checkpoint.

I dont like the restriction that will follow once you choose sides in the game....(hopefully they have an option to disable this restriction).
CosmoChakra's mods !

Skins of HULK,PUNISHER,LUKE CAGE so far!!!

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3114.0

Quote from: BLaw on August 12, 2009, 08:43AM
[orange]Gear[/orange]
Actually a feature that MUA1 also misses: the ability to equip yourself with different kind of gear. MUA1 allowed you to equip 1 item only. XML2 a lot of items (or three, what was it again? ain't got the game anymore :( ). Would be cool if they actually made the gear visible on your character.

[orange]A thing they should leave out of the game[/orange]
Unlocking characters when beating the game. That's the worst idea in every game out there. Why not WHILE PLAYING THE GAME so you can actually enjoy the character in the same story?
You are absolutely correct with these
Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack on that motherf*cker's reflection
My Mods for XML2: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3018.0

I agree with Teancum, i will miss the xtremes. Fusions look cool, but what could have been two cool individual xtremes are now one team up attack.  And like said before already a lot of the fusions are similar, which is understandable i never honestly thought they would come up with differnt fusions for every two characters.

and i agree with BLaw, i would rather have all characters unlock while playing the game than at the end. i rather they be part of the first playthrough.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I agree with everything Teancum said and disagree with Marvelfan's first comment.

Despite Xtremes always being either radial or numerous targeted blasts, they actually looked different on the whole. Fusions, on the other hand, look mostly identical:

1) Captain America and Storm have the same fusion as Penance and Thor. It'll also probably be the same for Captain America and Thor and Penance and Storm. I'm sure I also saw one with the Human Torch which looks exactly the same except it uses fire.
2) Wolverine and any strong character will result in a fastball special. This was just a grab move in the past games.
3) Invisble Woman/Songbird/Jean Grey and Thing/Hulk/Juggernaut will be the same hamster ball thing.
4) Storm/Thor and Gambit/Green Goblin/Deadpool will be the same explosive tornado. You could also throw the Human Torch in there for the firey one and probably Iron Man.
5) Gambit/Green Goblin/Deadpool and Hulk/Thing/Juggernaut/Venom all result in an explosive rock. Human Torch and Iron Man would also probably fit here.
6) Jean Grey/Songbird/Invisible Woman and Human Torch/Ironman will just be the contained explosion thing

I can even see similarities between the one Jean Grey can do where she sucks everything in and with Spider-Man where he webs things and pulls them in.

To me the game has been over-hyped.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on August 12, 2009, 08:44AM
Yeah but I enjoy them more. When in comics do you really see Spider-Man yell I have enough energy!! And then he does Bungee Bash.

I think fusions are a great idea!

You are forgetting that its a game and not a comic.

Quote from: DihanI agree with everything Teancum said and disagree ...

[AND WENT ONTO SAY]

I can even see similarities between the one Jean Grey can do where she sucks everything in and with Spider-Man where he webs things and pulls them in.

To me the game has been over-hyped.

[END OF QUOTE]

Well if their going to grab more fans would you want Spidey do something like change into the Stark armour and webs a cuccon and Human Torch puts fire around it and does a massive Web Fire explosion, that would make no sense.

They want fans, not over obsested Men that mod their games.

And yeh the game has been over-overly-hypered like massively, and it's just the second, what would happen if they made a sequal?
Life, it's a simple thing; it doesn't shout or scream or even ignore you. No life takes what it gets, it expects that it is fate, it expects that the only thing stopping it's self is its self. But what if, what if the only thing stopping you from becoming you is some-one you love. That's my life...

I also agree with Teancum I reckon individual Xtremes would be better but maybe figure out a way to have fusions aswell. I would also like a pack of MUA1 characters.
I would not say this game has been hyped its only hyped if you visit HeroHQ.

A MUA 1 Pack would be cool, but imagine all that time that it would take to get them ready for such as fusions.

I'd love to see a XML1/2 Character released, in packs of 8 for instance:
Cyclops :cyclops:,
Magneto :magneto:,
Silver Surfer :silvers:,
Black Panther :panther:,
Spider-woman :spiderwoman:,
Black Widow :blackwidow:,
Magma :magma:,
Jubliee :jubilee:
Life, it's a simple thing; it doesn't shout or scream or even ignore you. No life takes what it gets, it expects that it is fate, it expects that the only thing stopping it's self is its self. But what if, what if the only thing stopping you from becoming you is some-one you love. That's my life...