X-Men VS Avengers

Started by marvelfan12345, August 30, 2009, 02:41PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 30, 2009, 02:41PM Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 01:13PM by marvelfan12345
I'm using these members for the team. 14 members each

X-Men: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Psylocke, Professor X, Shadowcat, Gambit, Havok, Polaris
:cyclops: :phoenix: :wolverine: :storm: :iceman: :beast:  :angel_hero: :colossus: :nightcrawler: :rogue: :psylocke:  :xavier:  :kittyp: :gambit: :havok: :polaris:

Avengers: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Wasp, Giant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, Captain Marvel, Ronin
:capamer: :stark: :thor: :wasp: :archangel: :scarletw:  :vision: :warbird: :shehulk: :panther:  :hawkeye: :blackwidow: :pman: :spiderwoman: :genis: :ronin:

Anyway all characters at current power levels except for these characters.

Jean - She isn't White Phoenix as lets just say on Earth she can't use the WP powers unless in White Hot Room. So she is regular Phoenix.
Thor - Lets say Thor was in a great battle a while ago so he is weakened a little and thus not as powerful as he is usually right now.
Wanda - She has mental blocks in her mind so she can't alter reality for stuff as big as Decimation but she has very powerful hexes still.
Rogue - Just for those who don't know Rogue doesn't have Ms. Marvel powers but she does have control over her power.

I'd have to go with X-Men due to their large number of psychics but I can see some Avengers members holding their own.

Prof X psy-blocks the whole place. X-Men win.

Seriously, none of the Avengers have any mental protection. Perhaps Ironman could have it in his armor, but Wolverine will slice it to pieces.

I.o.w. X-Men win. The only char I find useless is Angel XD

He has his Archangel ability. One thing I do think could work is Wanda putting a hex that blocks mental control.

I'd put my money on the X-Men :)

Definitely

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

When I first did the roster for 10 people on each team Avengers had all the powerhouses. When I extended the team it seems X-Men would win.

Well, I think Avengers. For me, they are like the Best Super Hero Team!

The Avengers are a bunch of sissies! Not to mention that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are "traitors of their cause" as their father likes to say. Hats off, X-Men win! No contest! Just get Professor "Chuck" Xavier to hide the X-Men telepathically and send in Cyclops and Wolverine! You can consider the work as done!

And about Iron Man, let's not forget his armor is metal! It would take nanoseconds for Polaris (not even Magneto has to be there) to tear it apart! There are tons of ways to kick Stark's butt! Send in Colossus to sit on him and crush him, Wolverine to slice him up real nice, much like an 8" pizza, Iceman to freeze his ass down to absolute zero and so on, so on. Making it simple, Stark maybe a genious inventor, whatever, but is still human and... a big sissy...

What I mean? The Avengers suck big time if compared to the mutants! They have to rely on something man made, while the X-pupils do not.
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Definitely Avengers,I guess someone just forget "House of M" (And Scarlet Witch) end of discussion.

Quote from: Revanchist on August 31, 2009, 04:50AM
Definitely Avengers,I guess someone just forget "House of M" (And Scarlet Witch) end of discussion.

Please see the first post!
"Wanda - She has mental blocks in her mind so she can't alter reality for stuff as big as Decimation but she has very powerful hexes still."

Well,that's a bit non-objective after all,but still Avengers ,Captain America's fighting skills(which better than most of X-Men,maybe all of them) ,and not even Scarlet Witch not in her full power ,she can do things X-Boys can't imagine(Actually she was doing pretty good stuff at last Mighty Avengers issues.) Let's see,also even a weak Thor can't just get down that easier ,some of X-Men can't defeat so easily but less powerfull boys not that lucky(Even Wolverine) Also,Wanda is an unstable little girl ,no one has ever dreamed of she can do something like that before House of M ,even mental blocks like her's can't hold her for long...She just need a reminder and then everything goes down for X-Boys...

Wolverine can beat Cap. Consider that he has more training in various combat styles than Cap.
I agree on the Thor thing though. Still, Xavier will metalblock the whole place.

I don't know, can't imagine they fighting. But, as I read here everything, everyone goes with "Prof X would mental block this, mental block that". I mean, come on, everyone sounds like the X-Men is nothing without Prof X's mental powers.

Well, even if we don't got Professor X, we still got Phoenix, Psylocke or Emma Frost (not listed though) and their telepathic abilities are also incredible powerful!
And let's say a direct combat, without any kind of mental block, it is still a showdown favor to the x-team!
I'll agree with Blaw! Wolverine could definitely beat Cap. As for Thor, even if he were at his best shape, he couldn't stand combined attacks simultaneously.

Wolverine ,Phoenix are just overrated characters... I mean how long Phoenix Saga can continue? When did it start 70's ,80's ,90's...People had done with it at 2000's(2004-Endsong,but still there's some work for to resurrect her.)And Wolverine even all of those healing power,sharper senses ,he ain't an omega mutant,like I said Wolverine and Phoenix overrated ,but Scarlet Witch things are new ,she has still some credits too do something,and there's certainly a reason to call Steve Rogers,"Captain America" ,unbeateble on hand-to-hand combat (Also ,we can see Wolverine "can" beaten by his own son on Wolverine Origins issues ,surely there was some "emotional" reason on it but ,still he tried to get Daken down,but couldn't do it really)Nobody mentioned Storm's power ,she got some moves certainly,she is more powerfull than as she looks ,but against a God,she has a chance?I don't think so. Like everyone said ,if Prof. X only X-Men got ,then this battle is done ,before it's started...(I don't think ,Psylocke had certain on what's she doing ,she allways has a chaos and a dilemma on her mind,and this could use against her.)(And would you please, put your fan-boy and girl tags a side,and get being realistic and objective? Even I don't like both teams completly(There's some members I like from both teams,for sure) ,but still I'm standing on my cause.)

If you've read some issues of Wolverine Origins (pre-daken) you could see that Cap was beaten by Wolverine. And if Cap may use the shield, so may Wolverine use the Muramasa blade XD

Even without the blade, Cap is done for.