Disney Buys Marvel

Started by Dihan, August 31, 2009, 07:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Is it for real? If it is, dude, it's gonna suck big time! They're gonna make baby wolvies and cykes around!
What Would You Do... If You Only Had... One More Day?

Well, it's not as bad as it looks. I mean, if they will make the same comics, then it's okay for me.

August 31, 2009, 11:24AM #4 Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 11:29AM by Burning Rage
oh great...  now they're going to girl everything up and screw the Marvel universe.

From the depths of a dark rain forest comes the evil druid who dare threaten happiness of all of the land by using his dark magic to transform the happy tree of love in to the sorrowful tree of despair!  Will sunshine never envelope the land again?  Find out if our most beloved hero, the Incredible Hulk Fairy can overcome this diabolical plan to save the happiness of the rain forest by using his incredible brute strength happy fairy powers to save the flowers everywhere!  In theaters summer 2011.

Peter Pan eat your heart out.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Quote from: Burning Rage on August 31, 2009, 11:24AM
oh great...  now they're going to girl everything up and screw the Marvel universe.

From the depths of a dark rain forest comes the evil druid who dare threaten happiness of all of the land by using his dark magic to transform the happy tree of love in to the sorrowful tree of despair!  Will sunshine never envelope the land again?  Find out if our most beloved hero, the Incredible Hulk Fairy can overcome this diabolical plan to save the happiness of the rain forest by using his incredible brute strength happy fairy powers to save the flowers everywhere!  In theaters summer 2011.

This sounds like a wacky Barbie-movie-like thing. It scares me.

Are you working for Disney? :P :P

No seriously, They should call Marvel Missme if it will be bought by Disney.

That's it! All Marvel fans should do something against this Disney horror! And I'm not joking here dudes.

Does this mean Disney only has a movie contract with Marvel, or do they own it?

Quote from: Burning Rage on August 31, 2009, 11:24AM

Pirates of the Caribbean wasn't girled up, now as it?

Well it's up to Marvel to prevent titles such as Good Dogerine Origins, The Uncanny A-Folks, Not Afraid of Spiders-Man and Iron handglove on a Fist. Others like Luke out of the Cage and the mother of their child, Jessica Drewapicture as Not Afraid of Spiders-Woman and Namor the Submarinedriver should be prevented aswell. Mein Gott, not Ms. Marvel turning into Ms. Disney and Captain Mar-Vell into Captain Dis-Neey! :P

What's next? Disney trying to buy anime's like Pokemon and change it to Pokehontas?

Seriously, I won't cry if Marvel agrees with Disney but hopefully nothing changes when it comes to Marvel and their Superheroes. I like the characters, games and cartoons and I'll always like them, even if I would be 80 years old.

If Disney brings back Jean (it's so funny that my fav disney character is ariel and she is very similar to Jean in apperance and maybe even personiality) I'll be happy.

I'm more worried about the future of Marvel Mods, to be honest. Now that Disney will come to own all of Marvel's characters, will they take it upon themselves to get the site shut-down?

Don't give them the idea..

Well, what's their reason? I think the companies who worked on XML's and MUA are happy to see us fans create such a great community and bring the characters to life in games, and please people at the same time. That includes Marvel. Besides, Marvel would still have a share in all that.

They would shut us down if we tried to make money out of all our work, which we'll never do.

see, this is the corporate "big machine. it eats anything, and everything.
case of point:
coke. it owns about a third of all the soda companies in america, pepsi owns the other third, and the rest are independant
i'm just worried about the quality of resulting combinations.
case of point:
maxis. it was a pretty good game company, until ea took over. take the sims 2. basicly, to play it well you need a whole bunch of mods, and half of it's patches either skrew up your game further, or install monitering software on your computer. the sims three. you can use the disk to install five times and then it's worthless.

I dont really know if this is a bad thing yet.  If it means more movies or cartoon versions, even live action of some stuff like Power Pack or Generation X, than i dont think its so bad.  But if they are going to be messing with the comics or trying to clean some of them up (example bloody X-Force), than this sucks. Lol i also dont want a Hannah Montana/X-Men crossover.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it