Disney Buys Marvel

Started by Dihan, August 31, 2009, 07:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Just remembered that The Incredibles were backed by Disney and that is one of my FAVORITE super hero movies. I could so see a similar production in the future with an X-Men/MUA twist. And Nowhere Man reminded me of something when mentioning Warner. Warner is a company VERY similar to Disney. Just like when someone thinks Disney, Mickey mouse pops into your head. Well when someone mentions Warner Bros who pops into your head besides Buggs Bunny? It's the same type of relationship Warner and DC have and they have much more super hero movies then Marvel does. (At least by my count) Disney is simply going to be able to finance more projects at the same time as Marvel could not do so before. DC released Batman games, Superman games, Justice League games, and Teen Titan games all around the same time frame simply because they were backed by such a bigger company like Warner. Marvel is going to be baking up new goods on a daily base now!

August 31, 2009, 09:21PM #31 Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 12:21AM by Nowhere Man
oh, for you guys worried about the comic books...don't! the comics are what disney is least interested in. the big money comes from movies, cartoons and specially merchandise.

warner practicly doesn't interfere with DC COMICS as long as they mantain superman and batman regular titles so that they can make movies of them.

EDIT: hey, I just became a fantastic member! how bout that...do I get my superpowers now?
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

true i initially had worries about this, but it's not like disney is going to fire all of marvel's writers and make wolverine dance the cha-cha with snow white.

I do hope they fire one person though:

Greg Land. I hate him.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

I don't like it...

" The new extraordinary X-Men comic in stores now! by Disney "

I just... Don't like the sound.

I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!

Maybe they'll open up a theme park in Orlando!  In all likelihood, the Marvel name in terms of the comic will stay the same.  This they don't want to jeopardize, because the comic fan represents their baseline.  If the art stays true and the storylines are maintained, this area shouldn't loose the fan base.  I think that Disney is more interested in the movie making side plus all of the merchandise associated with blockbusters.  After all, Ironman was a tremendous success as was Spiderman.

I hope we get some sorta marvel related ride in Disneyland (i love disneyland), cant wait to take a picture with Wolverine or Storm lol :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Or with Jean lol. I just hope Matt Fraction is fired.

There should be a separate topic named "who should Disney fire?" :D

PS: Jeph Loeb.

Yeah I say Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker for ruining UXM. And if Grant Morrsion still works he should be the number 1 fired.

September 01, 2009, 02:16PM #40 Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 02:21PM by nodoubt_jr
Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 01, 2009, 02:13PM
Yeah I say Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker for ruining UXM. And if Grant Morrsion still works he should be the number 1 fired.

Grant Morrison? Why would he be the number 1 fired, his New X-Men run was one of the best. It was a critical and commercial success.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Definitely Greg Land. His art is just offensive.

Quote from: Dihan on September 01, 2009, 02:22PM
Definitely Greg Land. His art is just offensive.

All the smiling is just annoying, why is everyone always smiling?

He reuses the same poses all the time.

For example:

The line-art is a large X-Men splash page.

The box with Armour is a blatant trace.

September 01, 2009, 02:57PM #44 Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 03:00PM by whiteking
Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 01, 2009, 02:13PM

Matt Fraction and Greg Land? yes.

Fraction is a "wannabe" writer who is ruining all the uncanny x men series and characters, starting with Cyclops, Emma Frost, Northstar, Dazzler and Pixie. I think that Greg Land made an acceptable work on Phoenix Endsong, but his other works are just awful.

Grant Morrison??? you must be joking, he's one of the best writers, his New X men run was extraordinary, he along Joss Whedon are the best x men writers from the recent years.

I hope that they keep the good comics like Astonishing X-men and X-force...

:emmafrost:
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5