Wii/PS2 (n-Space's version) talk and Official News

Started by Teancum, September 10, 2009, 05:23AM

Previous topic - Next topic
It may be different entirely - it was done by Savage Entertainment.  But it's probably a port of this version.

the colors match web of shadows wii spidey there.

Here's a more exact link to the Wii walkthroughs.  It shows all the vids this user has uploaded so far.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=nivlakian&view=videos&query=marvel

Incidentally, I really had fun playing the Wii version, and I don't like most Wii games.  It just feels so true to Raven's vision of a great Marvel game.  Of course they literally built right over MUA1, but hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Oh, and what the heck is with Deadpool's pose in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xYS2uMvRf0&feature=channel_page

Quote from: Teancum on September 17, 2009, 04:42AM
Oh, and what the heck is with Deadpool's pose in this video?

Recycled Spider-Mans pose maybe? Dunno, i would imagine Deadpool doing something stupid as a pose, like playing with duct tape, sitting around in his underwear watching tv, or giving Weasel a hard time.

Reused XML2 and MUA icon blandness....  MUA icons were good, but XML2 ones kinda sucked hard.  I guess it could be worse, but at least it looks better than I thought.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

The DS version also recycles the icons and portraits from MUA1 for those characters that were in it. The heroselect portraits, however, are downright AWFUL. I mean, Warbird looks like a 15-year-old, Wolverine is FAT and Invisible Woman is not the MILF she's supposed to be.
And, while we're on topic, why is there no DS/PSP version discussion thread? )))

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I thought the psp version is exactcly like the ps2 and wii version except for the graphics of course

September 19, 2009, 01:35AM #127 Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:57AM by Teancum
I wouldn't know.

The DS version recycles more than just musick and models from MUA (so far the only original piece of music was the main menu tune) - the NYC base is recycled (just completely useless - no review computer, no virtual missions, no nothing... and Cable as an NPC!) too. Still playing.

Sentry, the DS exclusive character... plays like a male version of Ms Marvel. Similar powers, similar powerset, I suppose? Same goes for Shulkie and Hulkie - was it that hard to come up with marginally original powersets for the four major powerhouses of the game (the other two being Cage and Thing) if you've only got four powers per character?

The usual glitches abound - Cap's shield doesn't always return as a bolt-on after being thrown (yet can still be thrown again afterwards), The Thing has horrendous clipping issues, some powers auto-target, some don't, damage collision detection (i.e. did your shot land on Person A or Person B if the two are standing close together) is as wonky as it was in MUA1.

Pretty much the only good thing about the DS version is that, unlike the hideous GBA version of MUA, it is the SAME game as the grown-up consoles got, complete with the glitches and the kitchen sink. I suppose DS users out there that aren't as multiplatform as yours truly are currently rejoicing that they got a piece of the action.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

May I ask how Jean is like. I  pretty much only want the DS so I can use my fav characters outside of home.

Don't even know if she's in there. Available from the start are Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, She-Hulk, Sentry, Spidey, Wolvie, Invisible Woman, Thing, Ms Marvel and that's it. Various sources cite availability of Venom, Goblin, Storm, Thor and Cage. Am still playing the beginning, so can't confirm or deny.

Crimson Dynamo says:

Ok thanks. I'm dissapointed with Shulkie and Sentry.

Has Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Wii the same alternative costume that de PS3/XBOX360 version? I donĀ“t see images of this unlockeable skins. Thanks!

REALLY? OMG! Now I hope a PC Version, please, Activision, please!

I don't they will ever make one. PC isn't good for the developer's money these days. It's kinda sad.