PS2 Version Initial Impressions

Started by WaRi0, September 17, 2009, 09:23PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 17, 2009, 09:23PM Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:50AM by WaRi0
I just got the ps2 version from gamestop today and I have played through the first level.  The heroes that are available at the start of the game is a weird bunch.  Hulk is unlocked from the start, he joins the team as soon as you reach the first shield point.  This game looks like they took the game editor from mua1 and just made new levels.  Its fun but really it doesnt seem that much better than mua1.  And without a pc release who knows if modding will be possible.  Though maybe it will be possible to extract textures/models from mua2 and use them in mua1. :)  I think the hulk mod on this site looks better than their hulk model.  Looks like a little kid hulk :(
After playing batman arkham asylum i was really hoping MUA2 would be this great awesome game but seeing it as mua1.5 really upsets me. :/  What do you guys think?

Update:  My xbox 360 is finally fixed and bought MUA2 for it yesterday.  I've played until the start of the second mission and so far I am loving it to pieces.  I'm amazed at the difference between this and the ps2 version.  The the same exact thing activision did with Spiderman web of shadows, making a subpar version for the older/portable systems.  Anyway I digress.  The game is awesome I love how detailed the costumes are up close.  And the voice work is excellent.  I'm glad they got all of the voice actors from the first game.  I can't wait to unlock Thor and Hulk!

:venom: :hulk_icon: :thor:  :thing:

From what I've seen inside the PS2 version's files, it should be at least as moddable as MUA1, meaning retextures would be possible. Can't promise anything else though.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

MUA2 PS2 models crash MUA1 PC.  They do NOT work for some reason.  It seems their mannequins work but that's about it.  Not sure about the boltons though, I can't remember.  Other than the talents and powerstyles (which are kind of worthless, except the powerstyle definitions), there's really not much that can be used from the PS2 version of MUA... far less than I thought would be useable.  However, we can rip the PS2 textures and apply them to Wii models, but that's a pain in the ass really and a time consuming process.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Sometimes. I´m getting the hand of it however ^^

Quote from: WaRi0 on September 17, 2009, 09:23PM
I just got the ps2 version from gamestop today and I have played through the first level.  The heroes that are available at the start of the game is a weird bunch.  Hulk is unlocked from the start, he joins the team as soon as you reach the first shield point.  This game looks like they took the game editor from mua1 and just made new levels.  Its fun but really it doesnt seem that much better than mua1.  And without a pc release who knows if modding will be possible.  Though maybe it will be possible to extract textures/models from mua2 and use them in mua1. :)  I think the hulk mod on this site looks better than their hulk model.  Looks like a little kid hulk :(
After playing batman arkham asylum i was really hoping MUA2 would be this great awesome game but seeing it as mua1.5 really upsets me. :/  What do you guys think?

The true MUAII is really for 360 and Ps3 but if you don't have those consoles you are out of luck

That's just elitist.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on September 19, 2009, 06:56AMThat's just elitist.

Absolutely.  marvelfan12345 -- lose your one-sided attitude unless you don't want access to the site for a few weeks.  This is your one and only warning.

Quote from: Teancum on September 19, 2009, 07:12AM
Absolutely.  marvelfan12345 -- lose your one-sided attitude unless you don't want access to the site for a few weeks.  This is your one and only warning.

I'm just stating my opinon. And it is the truth. Almost everything we learned about MUA2 from the site doesn't apply to WII and PS2.

The only similar things between the versions are some characters, name, and parts of the story. Otherwise they are two different games

Haven't you realised that you're not allowed an opinion on the internet?
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

And I call the Wii/PS2 version the true version of MUA2 (not, but pun is intended because: ), we can actually use the files of those XD XD XD`

Seriously, the Wii version got me kinda addicted. With kinda I mean not 100%, because I have not touched my wii for like 4 days now. I'm lucky to have a Wii ^^

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 19, 2009, 07:35AM
I'm just stating my opinon. And it is the truth. Almost everything we learned about MUA2 from the site doesn't apply to WII and PS2.

The only similar things between the versions are some characters, name, and parts of the story. Otherwise they are two different games

Really?

QuoteThe true MUAII is really for 360 and Ps3 but if you don't have those consoles you are out of luck

Sounds more VV fanboy, n-Space hating.

Quote from: Burning Rage on September 18, 2009, 02:17AM
MUA2 PS2 models crash MUA1 PC.  They do NOT work for some reason.  It seems their mannequins work but that's about it.  Not sure about the boltons though, I can't remember.  Other than the talents and powerstyles (which are kind of worthless, except the powerstyle definitions), there's really not much that can be used from the PS2 version of MUA... far less than I thought would be useable.  However, we can rip the PS2 textures and apply them to Wii models, but that's a pain in the ass really and a time consuming process.

What about taking the PS2 NPCs and making them playables in the game - is that even possible?

Possible, if 2 people work together ( 8-) ) (or more) on all the Wii models and apply the PS2 or Wii textures on them. I'm working on Cable at the moment

Btw, if BR says the PS2 models crash the game, they crash the game. I've tested it; only the mannequins work but their backs have been shaved badly... Meaning that they don't even have a back!

Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 19, 2009, 06:29AM
The true MUAII is really for 360 and Ps3 but if you don't have those consoles you are out of luck

You stated that like it was a fact, its not a fact its your opinion, and its kind of rude.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

I feel really weird as people here keep bagging about VV but when I say N-Space did bad everyone starts attacking me.