PS2 Version Initial Impressions

Started by WaRi0, September 17, 2009, 09:23PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 19, 2009, 02:48PM
I feel really weird as people here keep bagging about VV but when I say N-Space did bad everyone people starts attacking me.

Fixed that for you again.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

September 19, 2009, 03:05PM #16 Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 03:07PM by nodoubt_jr
No one attacked you and your comment was rude because you basically told the people that have the wii/ps2 version that they dont really have MUAII, but some lesser version, and then told them they were out of luck because they didnt have the "better" console.  Both are MUAII, both are updated and advance, they are just different from each other. And didnt you find the VV attacks rude and annoying? So why would you turn around and do the same to the n-space. Im not saying you shouldnt criticize it, but you should at least be understanding that just as you felt you had to defend the VV version, others will feel like they have to defend the n-space version.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Out of the two, which would have had a larger budget? VV.

What did VV waste the budget on? Useless textures that you won't even see very well at the distance you normally play at. That decision stopped them from making more, better costumes. That decision would have stopped them from creating more powers. I'd personally much prefer to have more powers and costumes at the expense of such trivial details.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

BTW the ps2/wii versions do have new models, not reused models, Ms Marvel, Phoenix, Gambit, etc. all use new models.  So far the only one ive seen that is exactly the same is Cyclops.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

I haven't got the game yet, but I was wondering, is the way they did the story line for the PS3/360 the same way or is that changed?

Quote from: RogueDW331 on September 19, 2009, 04:16PM
I haven't got the game yet, but I was wondering, is the way they did the story line for the PS3/360 the same way or is that changed?

It's very similar, but some NPCs are different.

Quote from: BLaw on September 19, 2009, 09:50AM
Btw, if BR says the PS2 models crash the game, they crash the game. I've tested it; only the mannequins work but their backs have been shaved badly... Meaning that they don't even have a back!

I have tested it,too. The character models do crash the game. :(
The PS2 boltons didn't crash my game, but I couldn't see them on the screen, which is kinda strange......

Quote from: iammingy on September 19, 2009, 04:28PM
The PS2 boltons didn't crash my game, but I couldn't see them on the screen, which is kinda strange......

that is what happens in xml2 too when i try to load a bolton that doesnt work in xml2, it doesnt crash the game but nothing shows up. Im guessing thats what happens when we load a skin that doesnt work in the game too, theres nothing to load so a character with no skin crashes.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on September 19, 2009, 04:39PM
that is what happens in xml2 too when i try to load a bolton that doesnt work in xml2, it doesnt crash the game but nothing shows up. Im guessing thats what happens when we load a skin that doesnt work in the game too, theres nothing to load so a character with no skin crashes.

Do the PS2 animations work in XML2? I don't have XML2 installed anymore. So, I can't test.

no they dont, so we dont get animations or skins (not even new meshes) :(

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on September 19, 2009, 05:00PM
no they dont, so we dont get animations or skins (not even new meshes) :(

That's one more reason to shift to the MUA-modding business.... :P

Nah i like XML2 to much :D

Port XML2 to MUA... :runaway:
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

-scratches head- I really don't see that big a difference between the PS2 and PS3 graphics - I'll admit that one is cell-shaded and looks more like the cinematic (not to mention action figures) but I think I like the cartoony comic style of the PS2 graphics more

I must be getting old ^^;

Quote from: Grig 32 on October 15, 2009, 01:09AM
-scratches head- I really don't see that big a difference between the PS2 and PS3 graphics - I'll admit that one is cell-shaded and looks more like the cinematic (not to mention action figures) but I think I like the cartoony comic style of the PS2 graphics more

I must be getting old ^^;

There weren't any cel-shade in MUA2-PS2.

*sigh* Quote

QuoteI'll admit that one is cell-shaded and looks more like the cinematic (not to mention action figures) but I think I like the cartoony comic style of the PS2 graphics more

I was talking about the PS3 graphics being cell-shaded and how they look like cheap plastic action figures. I like the PS2 more because it seems cooler to me