PS2 Version Initial Impressions

Started by WaRi0, September 17, 2009, 09:23PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Those aren't cel-shaded either.  Nothing in any MUA2 is cel-shaded.

X-Men Legends 1 and 2 were cel-shaded, right? And first, MUA was cel-shaded aswell, but the developers changed this to it's current look.

I know, but still. Even MUA 1 wasn't cel-shaded, so MUA 2 can't be cel-shaded aswell (it wouldn't be an improvement).

Quote from: Grig 32 on October 15, 2009, 02:06AM
*sigh* Quote

I was talking about the PS3 graphics being cell-shaded and how they look like cheap plastic action figures. I like the PS2 more because it seems cooler to me

All I can say is don't judge how different 2 verion look by simply watching YouTube videos....................

Quote from: The Iron Power of Spider-Man on October 15, 2009, 02:51AM
X-Men Legends 1 and 2 were cel-shaded, right? And first, MUA was cel-shaded aswell, but the developers changed this to it's current look.

Only early prototypes of MUA1 had cel-shade. Some leftover character models in MUA-PC have cel-shade.

That's what I meant. Without the leftover stuff :D

October 15, 2009, 12:48PM #36 Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 12:53PM by MarvelFan12345
I think they need better system for fusions, longer story, and voice actors for conversations. This stuff would be nice too: Team bonuses, skins, neater graphics, and more damaging powers for weaker characters would make it even better

So...You mean we need almost everything?

No, as I said I do think think the first three are needed. Bases don't feel like Hq without people talking to you and hearing their sound.

The fusions are horribly made. You never know which fusion you will be using and may use a targeted one for a situation needing a whole clearing attack. You just waste fusion points. The 360 version gaves a label of which type of fusions you have for the characters: clearing, guided, or targeted.

For me, MUA 1 PS2 is much better then MUA 2 PS2 could ever be. It had everything, what I liked in the game.

Quote from: MarvelFan12345 on October 15, 2009, 12:48PM
I think they need better system for fusions, longer story, and voice actors for conversations. This stuff would be nice too: Team bonuses, skins, neater graphics, and more damaging powers for weaker characters would make it even better

100% agreed!
Besides, some of the fusion moves look like a retoned version of 2 consecutive Xtremes in MUA1.

I agree. I think, even if they didn't had the money, they could have done this version better.

I just meant I liked the PS2 version better - and I've played the PS2 version on a friends. Even if it was the XBOX-360 version that my cousin has I still wouldn't BUY either because I don't like the lack of skins, the focus on graphics of the newer model platforms or the hundreds of glitches in the older platforms

Well, nowadays it's a battle between gfx vs gameplay, instead of a full cooperation. There are games which have that combination. However, a third party is involved in that battle when talking about MUA2... It's called content, and it's a loser -_-'

That's the way I see it btw ^^

I don't dispute it - in fact I agree. If the game is released for the PC (fat as in chance) then I MIGHT buy the game - but as it stands now its more like a badly coded expansion pack than an actual sequel. I can't stand the graphics of the 360 and PS3 (especially Hulk who looks TOTALLY stupid - red Hulk is COMPLETELY unbearable) and the glitches (though the PS3 has almost as many) and loading time for the PS2 and WII are unbearable.

I still prefer the PS2 - it has more enemies, it has Cyclops and Psylocke and the models are at least tolerable. However, as stated, I wouldn't BUY either :P So I'll just stick to renting it or playing it on other peoples platforms if I get the urg