MUA1 Wii - Special Edition [progress - CANCELLED]

Started by Teancum, September 18, 2009, 05:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I might be willing to pick this back up, seeing as how the Wii is currently my strongest platform (and that I like a challenge, and can't return to PSP modding because I loaned my PSP to my girlfriend who's studying abroad till X-Mas, and never tried modding for the Wii before) outside of PC and how bored I am of PC modding =) Everyone can do PC modding, I can't be uniquely awesome there =)

Ahem. Anyway, Teancum, do you have any leftover files left? I don't intend to replace any characters, just add the PSP ones and see where that leads me to start with.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I don't have anything left unfortunately. The only thing I can say is that I got all four PSP characters were working (obviously) aside from sounds. I don't know about the character limit as I replaced one character in four different builds to check them. I know Alchemy 3.5 animations work fine including MUA2 Wii/PS2/PSP, and I assume GameCube/Wii models from XML1/2 and MUA2 will work considering animations do. I didn't try XML1/2 anims.

I know the sounds are GCADPCM so technically with a bit of hex surgery they can be modified from existing sounds. One thought I had was to build either Xbox or PC ZSM/ZSS files and then hex replace the actual raw sound data, but it's been so long I can't remember which one had tables that were closer to the GameCube (Wii)-compiled format. Too bad Winstrol took off so fast, as I was able to figure out the sounds for PS2/PSP/Wii/GameCube based on your findings, but it's been so long that I can't remember.

I've split out Jaglass' mod from this as it has nothing to do with what I was doing -- aside from being on the Wii. My mod has been dead for several years, so interested Wii players should follow his topic.