MUA1 Wii - Special Edition [progress - CANCELLED]

Started by Teancum, September 18, 2009, 05:32AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May I just ask why no Cyclops on the poll?

I voted for Cap Marvel, Gambit, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Fist, Psylocke, Scarlet Witch and She-Hulk

Mostly just because I'm biased.  I like Cyc, I'm just tired of having him playable.  As always, anyone is welcome to add on to the mod later.

September 24, 2009, 02:59PM #47 Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 06:12AM by SpongeSpider
Looking at this thread makes me even happier that I'm getting a Wii soon. Hope that there's a way to get more than 29 characters.

Anyway, here's who I voted for.

Captain Marvel
Hawkeye
Iron Fist
War Machine
Venom
Hulk
Punisher
Gambit

If there's no way over the 29 limit, then I would replace Nick Fury with Punisher and Colossus with Hulk and have Gambit, Hawkeye, Iron Fist and Captain Marvel in the PSP slots.

Also, I would suggest using the Eddie Brock Venom skin as Venom's default skin, not Gargan. Because Mac Gargan is still the Scorpion in this game, and it makes more sense for Eddie to join the alliance than Gargan.

I voted Captain Marvel, Gambit, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Psylocke, Ronin, Venom, Warmachine.

Looks like my top four are clearly out in front.  If I'm stuck with 29 total (highly doubtful, but who knows) they'll be the ones you see, as I'm cool with those four too.

So I finally got a dump of the ISO from a friend, so I can reinsert assetsfb.wad with my changes to see what works and what doesn't.

A quick rundown of what's being tested this go round:

MUASE Wii: beta v0.1

• 29 characters (added the 4 Wii exclusives)
  • PSP "stage" added, which should allow for 29 mannequins
  • Blade's 3rd skin is a custom model (to see if that works)
  • Blade's 4th skin/animations are from the PS2 version (to see if v3.2 stuff works in v3.5 engine)
  • Hacked Hawkeye sounds.  Basically this will be the Xbox sounds, but with a Gamecube/Wii header.  They should play, just sound like static.  I just want to know whether they play, I can fix the actual sounds later.
Future betas include

• 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, etc character builds (to find the limit)
  • MUA2 models (something may have changed even though it's the same engine version)
  • Additional sound testing
  • Later integration of MUA1 DLC convos (where applicable) and MUA2 custom convos
  • Power boosters for existing MUA1 characters

Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Slow at the moment, but progressing.  I don't actually have a Wii, so I have to drop off discs at a friend's house to have him test updates.  Haven't heard back yet.

wow i had no idea you were even working on something like this! very cool... are the polls closed? I see a bunch of "OUT" characters. Are you doing special teams, sim missions, items, and the whole shabang?

Actually I canned it.  I don't have time to do this, and since the Wii wasn't mine I don't really see a point.