Marvelfan12345's Releases: Gambit Booster Released

Started by MarvelFan12345, October 03, 2009, 05:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah I meant passives. No I didn't add any other skin, just installed your mod over the previous one.

Yeah, it's one of the things I love most in the Wii version, free tk. I don't really use the knockback move anyway so good that they changed it for her :D

Well, in the Wii version most enemies do die from just one hit. At higher levels the burst is really big like she's shooting a comet, lol. High damage but high cost too. I could only shoot like 4 shots at a boss before running out of energy (that was before vortex guardian combo)

Why not? It's awesome and does great damage. I haven't paid enough attention but does it lift big enemies too?

Now that I think again, you might just be on your way to restraining wave and Phoenix's Fury. Just add fire and lift all enemies in the area and knock them back, done :D Just need to figure out how to do her tk grip and add pyro blast and voila, we have another mod (this time from MUA2 next gen).

That's weird it should. Try redownloading the talent files. It shouldn't make you have to start a new game.

Yeah in this game too her Mental Burst grows soon and looks gigantic.

For tk wave it does not lift up big enemies like bosses. If you want to make bosses resistant to stuff like grab-smashes, tk, stun and stuff go to data/shared_talents and decompile it. There search for something like villain or boss resistances. From there you will find a list of stuff that bosses can't be affected by. Remove the stuff that you want bosses to be affected by now, So if you want to lift up enemies with tk remove the tk entry there. Then save and compile with engb.

Also yeah Phoenix Fury could be done from Tk Wave if I added fire. Never realized that. I probably won't make another mod just for her new powers but may modify tk wave to be like Phoenix Fury and add Pyro Blast.

Just thought maybe you'd like to separate them so people could choose which one to use and compare them, but making it just 1 powerful mod is fine with me :D

Still the problem with tk grip, that's the only move missing...

Sorry I meant larger enemies, not bosses. Sometimes there are large enemies who can't be lifted using tk (it has no effect on them like they are immune to it)

For bosses, being able to just weep the floor with them would be too cheap ;p I wish we could make it so at least they stumble backwards or show any sign that I hit them and they take damage. But I guess that's impossible...

EDIT :

just tried again playing MUA and her tk wave can lift those big red giants in the underworld but why can't her knockback lift them? I'll try see what in the tk wave makes her lift them compared to her tk knockback.

and yeah her grab smash doesn't work. she just grabs and then gets pushed back with some blue effect.

Another problem I found is when choosing to save nigtcrawler or Jean (her cage is empty btw). If I save jean, nightcrawler falls and a portal opens and the game hangs. If I save nightcrawler, jean's cage falls and the game hangs too. Is this an error or why is this happening?

That could be because of the mesh. If you have a backup of skin 12301 readd that in actors. Then try it.

I simply removed her from the party and finished that part without her :D

So how do I fix the:
-melee : she just stands there but actually hits
-grab smash
-costume passives, for white and dark I can see the passives but once I equip the costumes she looses all her powers... but the other costume works fine

Melee, I don't know as this is based on the WII and Ps2 version which did not have that. The only thing I can think of is affector_knockback.

Go to data/fightstyles and find the interact_victim_magneto and copy and paste that and replace magneto with either phoenix, jeangrey, or jean_grey. Just do all three for safety. I don't have MUA on this computer to check the name so just do all three.

What do you mean by equip the costumes?

I mean when I change costumes to white or dark Phoenix she looses all powers and passives. Only her default costume and the other one work.

I'll try the replacing magneto thing.

But the previous Jean grey mod (before I replaced her) also didn't have any melee. She actually hit enemies and could destroy crates but it didn't show. It looks she just stands there.

Packages need to be set up properly if skins don't have costume passives or powers.

Oh I realize that I may not have included packages for those files. Download the DP and WP skins from alternate skin downloads then download this mod over it. For melee I have no idea what to say as she has always fought melee for me.

The dark phoenix's skin don't have the bonus to upgrade Jean Grey?!
BIZZZZZZZZZARO!!!

What do you mean by bonus to upgrade. If you mean passives then that means that the DP skin is in a 5th or 6th slot. If you mean powers then download the Dp skin from the alternate skin downloads then redownload the mod. You won
t need to start a new game.

Err.. I don't have Magneto in MUA so I can't find interact_victim_magneto. Could anyone upload the file please? So the grab smash can work, thank you.

Quote from: Nahymt on November 20, 2009, 02:20AM
But the previous Jean grey mod (before I replaced her) also didn't have any melee. She actually hit enemies and could destroy crates but it didn't show. It looks she just stands there.

Based on this post, I assume that you don't have installed the latest version of the Official Characters Mod, because that problem is fixed with the mod.
That also would explain why you don't have the interact_victim_magneto, because his files are included in the pack.
So you need to download and istall the OC Pack and see if her grab smash works.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

I already installed the official characters and now she has melee and also downloaded the alternate skins (white and dark) and everything works fine, except her grab smash.

I already copy pasted interact_magneto_victim.xmlb and renamed it into interact_phoenix_victim.xmlb -> in her powerstyle/talents file it says interact_phoenix_victim but it still won't work. Anyone else being able to solve the problem?

I edited the above post to get rid of the download link. ds22489 did you get permission from MarvelFan12345 to update his mod and repackage his mod and release it? If you didn't you can't just take someone's work, change some things and then re-release it. You have to have permission first.

Edit: I put the download link back. ds22489 if you didn't get permission from MarvelFan12345 to update and repackage his mod then i think you should remove the link until MF12345 gives you the OK.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it