tommyboy2002's Mesh/Skin release thread:

Started by thetommyboy2002, December 16, 2006, 04:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You have Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow mods? -sniffle-

It's so beautiful.

Third Martian Manhunter costume, "modern", showing of his true martian form a bit more:

If I can crank out the last one tomorrow I might even actually release him, though I do have some misgivings about the powers;
The problem is, he has such a vast powerset:
Flight, super-strong, super-fast, super-tough, heat vision, cold breath, super breath, telepathy (both offensive and communicative/sensory), invisibility, intangibility and shape-shifting.
I have powers that cover heat vision, cold breath, invisibility, intangibility, offensive telepathy and communicative telepathy. Then one brawling radial type smash for super-strength, and that's eight, with the extreme.
No super-speed, no super-tough, no shapeshifting.
I was toying with making one power just randomly call up one of four or five other powers, in order to give him more of a range of powers.
And I could delay release to add some segments for basic shape changing, or throw in a power like in the old Mandarin Mod to switch to other character's skins.
He's certainly not like playing any other single character as he is, but he is a bit like playing a whole bunch of not terribly developed characters.
And bizarrely I play him really badly, or have the powers badly set up. He goes down like a saucy metaphor if I'm playing on "hard" unless I'm careful, so he's a bit of a glass jaw type.
Aaanyway, enough blathering, I might be able to squeeze in an hour or two on the final skin..

I wouldn't worry so much about speed, tbh; DC rarely shows him using it even though we know he has it.

As far as toughness goes, what kind of boosts does he have?

The shapeshifting is the tricky one, but like you said, the skin swapping could be decent. If only there were more "animal" type npcs in the game. Unless you want to make him turn in to Fing Fang Foom or Modok lol.

Skin switch sounds cool. There was Alien/bug like creatures in XMEN legends two. I think they are called the Cerci. I don't know if anyone ripped their models but I thought they would/did for the AntMAN mods. Look forward to Flash and the Manhunter. Great to have you back.

Bloodwynd and Martian Manhunter look fantastic!
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Here's the 4th Martian Manhunter skin, a New52 one:

I don't much care for this costume (actually the only one I do like is his basic red-straps/blue cape/shorts/boots classic look), but I made it anyway.
I'll have a look at bodging in a random power thing, and/or a shapeshift or three, but I'm starting to lose interest in him, to be honest. Mod making isn't my strong suit, I tend to quickly cobble together stuff carelessly. Actually that's how I do the models and skins too, now I think on it....

October 08, 2012, 09:25AM #578 Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:42AM by thetommyboy2002
Right, I've added in the old Mandarin power that shapeshifts, and am happy that it's appropriate.
Thing is, I want non-humanoid things for him to shift into.
Can anyone think of any in the game, or should I just make some new models?
EDIT:
I've nicked a bunch of XML2 models for now, those look weird and sort of work (brood, clawbeast scarab, sauron.) I might still make something custom though...and if anyone can think of anything cool in either game, lemme know.

Fenris wolf. A troll. Galactic punisher ( though both are sorta humanoid)

Quote from: Marvintage on October 08, 2012, 09:42AM
Fenris wolf. A troll. Galactic punisher ( though both are sorta humanoid)
Hmm...I'll take a look at them. Ta.
Meanwhile, I put this together:

Now, obviously it's not possible to rig it to use a human skeleton and have it work in all animations, but it looks kind of OK, I think..

You could create like a Horn beetle ;o That would work with human anims.

Make Galactus green and use him? (Harpua1982 is rigging the Galactus model as we speak-- or type.)

And look, he also turns into one of....these...things: