MUA1 Character Mod Catalog

Started by Cates, April 28, 2007, 09:37PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oh, i have another question, hope its not too much of a bother, but is it possible to play with this character mods in online mode? assuming both players have the exact same mods installed?

Well, I don't think your computers will explode if it doesn't work. The only bad thing that could happen is for it not to work. In that case, I guess you'd have to uninstall and reinstall the game, if you really want to play on-line.

I've never played on-line, but I recall someone once mentioned that the game crashed when people tried to choose mod-characters that weren't installed in his PC. That means that at least you can host a game with mods. Just make sure both of you have the exact same files, meaning the same version for whatever mods you'll be using.

The only thing I can tell you to do is: Try it. If it works, tell us. If it doesn't, tell us. Start with something simple, like Installing the Official Characters mod, with the default characters. Then move on to actually replacing someone.

Theoretically, you should be able to do it. But if things start to get too complicated, you might get problems. Good luck.

As long as you the two of you share a common herostat (that means SAME roster, SAME menulocations for each character, etc.), you should be able to play with someone else. If this conditon is not satisfied, then the game will crash. This is just like the time you load a saved game with characters that don't exist in the current herostat. (or is it the other way around? lol)

Well ive done my intital round of testing, and i tried hosting a game on a system with a modded game, and modded herostat, and joining with an unmodded copy, the result is the other player being kicked from the game as soon as it starts, at least it isn't a crash :P

January 26, 2008, 03:25AM #201 Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 04:23AM by Forseto
oh right, i guess i forgot to mention i was using default lineup on the modded copy, i was seeing if i could set a modded copy to be compatible with non modded copies when i felt like playing with them, it was a no go :P

Well, it seems to work, if you have exactly the exact same mods installed and an identical herostat, in other words, most people will probably have no luck convincing their friends to jump through those hoops for extra characters, as cool as they are. Would be realtively easy to set this up if you were planning an MUA lan party or something, but otherwise, these are restricted to single player, so I'm gonna make a separate install for these

Nate Grey is cool btw :)

so... dazzler replaces elektra wat if i have elektra replaced alread? will dazzler replace tht or wood i havta find a place for dazzler?

No need to ask this in two places.  Keep the discussion in the Dazzler topic.

Yeah, all of em' are playable.  The stage 1 mods are just missing whatever is mentioned.

Deleted some spam. Don't do it again.

Just so everyone knows, I'm working on updating the status of each character on the first page, but as it's Valentine's Day, the wife comes first.  THX is also giving me FTP access so I'll also be able to add download links here @ Marvelmods like BliZZ does.