Marvel Movies News

Started by Nowhere Man, December 17, 2009, 02:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic

They look good :D Hawkeye just looks like his Ultimate counterpart... in a way... Why did they have to pick that guy to play as him though? He looks old... lol.

Just came back from Captain America, and though it's a good movie, it feels like it's rushing towards its end. It's a long movie, yet you're left wanting more of everything (probable spoilers to come):
More scenes of good guy Steve, more "Howling Comandoes", more involvement from the real Nazis, more time of Cap and Peggy Carter together, more info on Bucky, more fleshed out Red Skull, etc.

From midway through the end, I felt like I was watching a trailer/pilot of the greatest alternate reality WWII TV miniseries never made.

What I can say is that if you've been to at least 2 of the previous Marvel Studio movies (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 and/or Thor) and you feel like you need to watch this to get a more complete picture, this won't disappoint; it's a great movie. You'll just be left wanting more of it, but knowing that it's very unlikely you'll get more of the stuff you want. As opposed to Iron Man (where I just wanted more Tony Stark antics) or Thor (where I wanted more Thor hammering giants, Warriors Three and Thor's coolness), the things you'll love in Captain America would likely have to stay in the 1940's.

Final thought: Chris Evans is great as Steve Rogers, but once he becomes Captain America, it seems like the writers forgot to give him anything to say. He does better as Cap than Edward Norton as Hulk, at least (IMO).

Ugh, again? Im just kinda affraid thanks to then 10 movies they are producing atm other movies are gonna lack quality

They are currently producing

1-The avengers
2-Dr Strange
3- A Silver Surfer spinoff
4- A new Spidey
5- A ghostrider movie (it shows on wikipedia at least)
6- Thor 2
7- Iron-man 3
8- ^^ Guardians of the Galaxy movie

Honestly, also im not sure about the Surfer spinoff, as I havent heard anything about it yet, but someone of Marvel commented that the only reason they didnt show galactus in FF rise of the Silver Surfer, was because they wanted to keep Galactus for another movie, A Silver Surfer movie, so yeah

Plus it sucks what they did with Galactus in FF rise of the SS, 'Wow its an orange cloud shaped like a Helment' :P

Im not really sure about watching the Cap movie, Cap aint my favorite hero, and seeing him with a gun in the trailer was a total dislike for me, I need to die as a happy man, so I am gonna watch the Advengers the moment it comes out (Scarlett Johansson Black Widow FTW!)

And well, Dr strange sounds intressting as well
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

August 05, 2011, 11:39AM #440 Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 12:28PM by Eddie Brock Venom
I can't wait for them to start VENOM and SPAWN (reboot)

For Spawn Todd Mcfarlane said they are considering to make Spawn like "a force of nature". He said that Spawn probably won't be talking at all in this movie Todd wants Spawn to be like that. No problems then for the actors.

Ha Stan Lee already signed for a cameo role in Venom.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168127-the-amazing-spider-man-2-scheduled-for-may-2-2014

Amazing Spider-Man sequel dated for 2nd May 2014...

I think personally Sony is trying to hold on to the rights of Spidey's movie rights more than anything...but whatever...more Spidey for us  :spiderman:

That is exactly the thing that I read half an hour ago on IGN what an coincidence LOL

I just hope they will change his costume and add Venom in the movie. If they could do the story from the Ultimate Spiderman GAME that would be a great start.

I dont really want Venom. I want a new face for the bad guy. I really want Black Cat in the movie. Maybe Scorpion, or the Vulture, or Electro as a bad guy

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on August 05, 2011, 01:04PM
I dont really want Venom. I want a new face for the bad guy. I really want Black Cat in the movie. Maybe Scorpion, or the Vulture, or Electro as a bad guy

yup, venom's been done so other villains need a chance, I personally want to see Shocker or maybe even Rhino or even Beetle...

Quote from: edheng23 on August 05, 2011, 01:09PM
yup, venom's been done so other villains need a chance, I personally want to see Shocker or maybe even Rhino or even Beetle...

Agreed, and they could be good to!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

A venom fanboy said he wanted Venom? How bizzare :S

I personally would like/would not like to see Silver Sable and Electro

Why would I like to see em : They are my favorite characters from the Spidey comics

Why can't I stand the thought of seeing them in a movie? : Cause one way or another, Directors will make crap outta them, Silver sable would probally turn into someone Spidey has a crush on, and Electro...So many ways to screw him up,

They could go for his ultimate outfit, which is basicly naked
They could ATTEMPT to do his classic outfit, which would end horribly
In the end, he's probally a normal person who just has blue glowing eyes, nothing more nothing less

My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

August 05, 2011, 02:05PM #447 Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:07PM by Eddie Brock Venom
Yeah but a good Venom would be great the one that stalks Peter not the jerk like in SP3. I insure you, you wouldn't talk that Venom isn't good on the screen if they made a great version of him, with a good story. Heck if I was the producer, consultant for Venom believe me you would love the see that movie of Spidey and Venom.

I don't know about the others but I always considered them to be lesser villains (Shocker, Rhino, Black cat, Lizard, Electro, Volture)
Venom to Spidey is like Joker to Batman they compete each other.

The two most popular and the hardest villains that Spidey had two face are the Green Goblin and Venom that is official the first being the green goblin. On the scale made by MARVEL.

I had to became a Venom fan somehow and I think Venom is the best, hardest, most fierce opponent and Spidey is scared Chocolate egg of him. He is a copy of spider-man and stronger than Spidey in every way.
The only way for Spidey to survive is either to outsmart Venom or to run away. He knows Spidey's secret identity he can attack his loved ones and torture spider-man mentally and if Spidey goes toe to toe he's a goner for sure.

Carnage is way stronger than Venom but Spidey isn't scared of him as he is from Venom.

Well, your a Venom fan so your going to think he should be in no matter what. Liek we said he had his chance. I liked him in Sp3 because all these movies aren't supposed to be like the comics just based on them. And thats what people forget just because one little thing goes wrong fans freak out! I want a new villian not a used up one. Yeah The Venom is the Spidermans Joker, to you I dont see that exactly. But look at how many movies Batman had and how many of them had the Joker 2. I believe we need someone new, but I know we will all agree to disagree.

August 05, 2011, 02:27PM #449 Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:31PM by Eddie Brock Venom
Okay I was just saying what I think.

My oppinion: You have some villain like hamerhead, shocker, Rhino... He goes to rob a bank typically Spidey finds him beats him and sends him to jail I don't see a good story in the other villains, sure some could pull it off.

Maybe it would be good if they did a movie with the story like in Web of Shadows (YES I KNOW VENOM AGAIN IT WASN'T INTENTIONAL SORRY)  so that we can see Wolverine (not jackman) with Spidey busting some symbiotes, the apocalypse New York infested like in resident evil, with Spidey's struggle with the black suit with good and evil, and the GOOD ending when Venom sacrifices himself EPIC. 

You are right I am a Venom fan and you can't argue about taste. So I hope they will do some movies with the characters you are saying about and that they will be good. :)