Marvel Movies News

Started by Nowhere Man, December 17, 2009, 02:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I really hope they can pull something off and bring Famke back, I think she is a great Jean Grey. Even if they only manage to give her a cameo like in The Wolverine, it would be awesome. I did just watch an interview with her today and she said she was not apart of it, and she seemed really sure of it, but I still have hope.

I'm also wondering why everyone is worrying about Singer pulling it off, I do understand this is a very ambitious movie, cast, and storyline but he pulled of X1 and X2, and you can see what happened to X3 when he left. But I do still love X3 don't get me wrong, I just think it went a little of course. I mean the cast itself is amazing, I never expected something like this to happen since X-Men First Class was pretty set on being a reboot/ unofficial prequel. Although since they tossed Hugh's cameo in, I guess anyone could have guessed.

I am wondering how he plans to fix some things though, since he himself said some things in X3 and Origins need to be altered, but he did mention alternate timelines so who knows. I'm sure everyone is wondering about the two Emma's, and Havok and Scott's relationship.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

July 25, 2013, 12:38AM #676 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:41AM by mj fan
I think she is a great Jean Grey I'd really love to see her back too. She's one one my favorite actresses! :She's really pretty
....But! i have to say that there's something strange about her face now..Don't know If that's because of the terrible make up with the white above her eyes that make her look older than she is, her eyebroys too thin or maybe her hair a little too flat.
If you look "famke jansen 2013" you'll see what i mean. She would be better without all these mistakes : ((

QuoteI am wondering how he plans to fix some things though, since he himself said some things in X3 and Origins need to be altered, but he did mention alternate timelines so who knows. I'm sure everyone is wondering about the two Emma's, and Havok and Scott's relationship.
You're right xD ^^ but actually Well..i'm a little worried about Emma xD xD I don't want her to be written like a @@@@ ... xD Jean Grey team!! xD aha

They've seriously f****d up Emma in the movies. In First Class's she not even supposed to be there, the movie is set in 1962. Emma isn't even supposed to be born yet! Plus January Jones ( don't get me wrong, she did a good job portraying her ) is too old to play Emma though.

And about the Origins: Wolverine fiasco. Again, she's not supposed to be there. -.-

I would have preferred if they made First Class about the actual first students of Xavier ( Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Beast and Iceman ) and the story would have been about their training and stuff and then battling Magneto like the original comics and stuff. :P

And then that would have spawned sequels, and formed a nice film series, and they would have actually made a movie based on the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga ( personally I think that would be amazing ).

July 25, 2013, 02:23AM #678 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 02:37AM by mj fan
QuoteThey've seriously f****d up Emma in the movies. In First Class's she not even supposed to be there, the movie is set in 1962. Emma isn't even supposed to be born yet! Plus January Jones ( don't get me wrong, she did a good job portraying her ) is too old to play Emma though.

I would have preferred if they made First Class about the actual first students of Xavier ( Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Beast and Iceman ) and the story would have been about their training and stuff and then battling Magneto like the original comics and stuff. :P

And then that would have spawned sequels, and formed a nice film series, and they would have actually made a movie based on the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga ( personally I think that would be amazing ).

Agreed with everything that you said Can't say better :P aha yeah i was kinda surprised when i saw Emma in the movie xD

QuoteAnd about the Origins: Wolverine fiasco. Again, she's not supposed to be there. -.-
Exactly my feelings xD lol
Well, it's difficult to portray both jean and Emma. Honestly i don't think none of them look like in the comics, wolverine does but at least they can play well (Love Famke, don't know about january though..)..Imagine a bimbo in xmen first class as Emma frost, yeah sure it would be great but i don't think she could ever be convincing as an actress because she would just "be pretty" (and that's why January performance was not great, she was trying too much). Emma frost had plastic surgery a couple of times so she's suposed to be "perfect" like a sex symbol

But! agreed at least she could have been younger than that. January is great...but not as Emma. And since she looks like that in the past..i'm afraid to see her in the present xD There's a huge problem with the chronology.. Well it would be funny to see Grandma Emma xD

July 25, 2013, 03:02AM #679 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:18AM by White Queen
Quote from: mj fan on July 25, 2013, 02:23AM
Agreed with everything that you said Can't say better :P aha yeah i was kinda surprised when i saw Emma in the movie xD
Exactly my feelings xD lol
Well, it's difficult to portray both jean and Emma. Honestly i don't think none of them look like in the comics, wolverine does but at least they can play well (Love Famke, don't know about january though..)..Imagine a bimbo in xmen first class as Emma frost, yeah sure it would be great but i don't think she could ever be convincing as an actress because she would just "be pretty" (and that's why January performance was not great, she was trying too much). Emma frost had plastic surgery a couple of times so she's suposed to be "perfect" like a sex symbol

But! agreed at least she could have been younger than that. January is great...but not as Emma. And since she looks like that in the past..I'm afraid to see her in the present xD There's a huge problem with the chronology.. Well it would be funny to see Grandma Emma xD
With Emma's love for plastic surgery, I doubt she'll ever let herself look old and wrinkly, even at the age of 90. xD

I did see the Comic-Con 2013 panel for Days of Future Past, and I do very much like the cast. Especially Anna Paquin, she looked stunning. Pregnancy was good for her :)

I'm glad Halle Berry will be portraying Storm again, I liked her in the previous X-Men Movies.

And I can kinda imagine Emma Stone playing Jean in an actual First Class movie.

July 25, 2013, 03:37AM #680 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:52AM by mj fan
QuoteWith Emma's love for plastic surgery, I doubt she'll ever let herself look old and wrinkly, even at the age of 90. xD
XD XD!

Well I like Emma stone but actually i don't see her as jean at all (Gwen either grr.. xD)  well it's difficult cause she's like "the perfection"
I love Famke a lot actually As i said i think she's a really good actress and she's simple, not pretentious. So i think it's really similar to the character
I could see Kelly brook as a Redhead  http://www.google.fr/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://static1.purefans.com/items/5/78/66/5/@/78665-la-superbe-kelly-brook-en-rousse-une-fullscreen-1.jpg&sa=X&ei=q__wUfaaO8OZhQfzroH4Ag&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNERNj9zrJVZIBq7io51Yy6yxBJIdA
and Emma http://www.google.fr/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.popeater.com/media/2010/04/heidimontagatruscello60124313-1271098698.jpg&sa=X&ei=8gDxUaL3HtOR0QXk0ID4Ag&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGOKjgDZjBuR0cCDdqa6jSCVfigFw She has the body lol xD Not sure she can act though.. xD Heidy Montag "bimbo" : P

No really i think characters have to be convincing. Agreed i love Halle Berry She's really cool : )) I wish she had long hair though or like an astonishing costume.. and i hope rogue will use her powers this time xD Especially Miss Marvel Super strength like in the cartoons

July 25, 2013, 04:02AM #681 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:09AM by White Queen
Quote from: mj fan on July 25, 2013, 03:37AM
XD XD!

Well I like Emma stone but actually i don't see her as jean at all (Gwen either grr.. xD)  well it's difficult cause she's like "the perfection"
I love Famke a lot actually As i said i think she's a really good actress and she's simple, not pretentious. So i think it's really similar to the character
I could see Kelly brook as a Redhead  http://www.google.fr/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://static1.purefans.com/items/5/78/66/5/@/78665-la-superbe-kelly-brook-en-rousse-une-fullscreen-1.jpg&sa=X&ei=q__wUfaaO8OZhQfzroH4Ag&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNERNj9zrJVZIBq7io51Yy6yxBJIdA
and Emma http://www.google.fr/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.popeater.com/media/2010/04/heidimontagatruscello60124313-1271098698.jpg&sa=X&ei=8gDxUaL3HtOR0QXk0ID4Ag&ved=0CAsQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGOKjgDZjBuR0cCDdqa6jSCVfigFw She has the body lol xD Not sure she can act though.. xD Heidy Montag "bimbo" : P

No really i think characters have to be convincing. Agreed i love Halle Berry She's really cool : )) I wish she had long hair though or like an astonishing costume.. and i hope rogue will use her powers this time xD Especially Miss Marvel Super strength like in the cartoons
That blonde bimbo girl looks too cheap to be Emma Frost. lmao

I think Emma Stone portrays Gwen pretty good in the Amazing Spiderman.
Plus she has natural green eyes ( slightly blueish but still green ) and she tends to dye her hair red so I think she would make a pretty convincing Jean :P both appearance and personality wise.

And yeah, Famke is really great at portraying Jean, but I mean Emma Stone being good for a younger Jean, like from the first X-Men Comics.

July 25, 2013, 04:13AM #682 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:27AM by mj fan
I was a little joking for Emma ya know :D :D xD aha xD She just has "the body" ..well xD asap
I like her too, she's cute. The main reason why i can't see her as jean grey is that i see "gwen Stacy" so i'll always be wondering "why gwen?" xD
Elana Satine looks great, For me she looks exactly like jean in the comic books : )) I'd love to see a first class version like that but if that's famke that's great too : ) i just wish she stop the terrible white make up, her eyebroys too thin and do something about her hair too flat that make her look older than she is. But i think make her appear while she's suposed to be younger doesn't make sense

July 25, 2013, 04:21AM #683 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:24AM by White Queen
Yeah, she does look like Jean Grey alot.
What about True Blood's Deborah Ann Woll as young Jean Grey :P

Don't know the actress but in your pics she looks really great! : D okay now let's go and see Bryan singer lol xD

I read somewhere that in a certain comic arc, Emma was supposed to be 50, but due to her telephatic surgery ( As in, giving her 'chest' some more 'volume') she would appear like she was 20-ish, so maybe thats one reasonable excuse for her age-switching? :s

I actually liked January Jones as Emma, not the greatest actress ever, but she looked alot like her
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

July 25, 2013, 07:35AM #686 Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:38AM by mj fan
Especially in the old comics against the xmen. It seems she never ages :P worst she becomes younger each time xD aha!  xD
Well it's the plastic surgery miracle.. nose job, boob job..it seems it works better in comics than in the real life though xP

Well I'm certain that she is either the same age as Jean or younger.
Because in the Emma Frost comic series, while she was still a young teenager in high school and while she was visiting her brother Christian in the hospital, on the TV were the First Class X-Men ( Cyclops, Jean etc. )
I'm not sure if this is irrelevant or not, but still just wanted to point it out. :P

First Class is by far on of my favorite X-Men movies, behind X2. I do realize that with the movie they altered a-lot of the comic timeline by adding in tons of different characters that don't really belong. I mean if comics really aged the characters right, most of the characters who appeared in the 60's would be in their 70's or 80's now.

But I must say I liked January as Emma, but First Class I don't believe knew how to handle its villains. Shaw was definitely the focus, and had a lot of screen time. Emma should have been made more hot tempered, the scene where Shaw makes her go get ice for him was strange because I thought Emma would never do something like that. And as for Emma in Origins, when I saw the movie I got so excited, I believe with the little time they used her for they did a pretty great job.

I did read that they at one time thought about bringing the actress back who played Emma in Origins to play her in First Class, which they could have worked around that in Days of Future Past if she were brought back into this movie, and have her maybe accidentally time travel to the point in time Origins takes place. Just a thought.

And as with what was said above about Jean, I love Emma Stone, I think she is a great actress, but I don't want to see her as Jean because she already plays Gwen and I don't really like when one actor plays more then one character in the same universe. Like Chris Evans did with Human Torch, and Captain America. Although he played both really well.

And with Emma, it could be her diamond form that helps her not age. Remember in the alternate timeline when her and Scott had a daughter who could turn her skin into rubys, but she stayed like that her entire life and it caused her to never age and she feared that if she turned back after being in her ruby form for so long she could die.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

So how did Professor managed to survived from the Phoenix Force's reign?

&... 2 Emmas? The Origins & First Class?
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html