Marvel Movies News

Started by Nowhere Man, December 17, 2009, 02:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: chris1771 on August 21, 2013, 04:09PM
just saw The Wolverine last night, it was pretty darn good! a tad bit too much talking and not enough killing but in all it was a good movie. LOVED THE END.

id start with x-men and just watch them all... if i had to pick one to start with it would be Last Stand, just because it has more action i feel. also a more darker story... thats just me
I have seen all of the Xmen and Wolverine movies except The Wolverine and I also have the dvds but I just wanted to know was The Wolverine worth seeing and thx for the feed back. :storm:

Quote from: Midnightphoenix on August 21, 2013, 04:55PM
Yeah I got that feeling a little bit too, but I really loved how they made her in the movie. She still could have done a bit more, but I did like how at first she seemed kind of like a side character that you didn't know what she was up to and just had to keep your eye on her, to turning into the main villain, which I guess she was the whole time, but still.

And you are right Yukio could have made a good Jubilee. Now that I think about it Jubilee would have made a pretty neat character in The Wolverine. Her and Logan have history in the comics at least, and she is of Asian decent so it could have worked out if they did it right, plus I feel like the movie could have used at least another mutant.
Like Lady Deathstrike? :storm:

Quote from: Lightning249539 on August 22, 2013, 10:30PM
I just wanted to know was The Wolverine worth seeing and thx for the feed back. :storm:

Yes, it is. Specially the scene after the credits.

Quote from: Owl City on August 24, 2013, 10:33AM
Yes, it is. Specially the scene after the credits.
I went to go see the movie today it was great but i think they could have done something better with Viper and add another villian like Lady Deathstrike. And Jubilee could have been in the movie also. But the scene after the credits does this mean when they come out with another Xmen movie the Brotherhood and Xmen will work together? And against who? :storm:

I thought Lady Deathstrike died in X2 though?

Quote from: Lightning249539 on August 24, 2013, 07:25PM
I went to go see the movie today it was great but i think they could have done something better with Viper and add another villian like Lady Deathstrike. And Jubilee could have been in the movie also. But the scene after the credits does this mean when they come out with another Xmen movie the Brotherhood and Xmen will work together? And against who? :storm:

I haven't seen the after-credits scene, but isn't it supposed to lead up to Days of Future Past? I imagine the X-Men and the Brotherhood will have one common enemy, Trask and his Sentinels.

And hopefully that movie will pave the way for an X-Men shared universe, ultimately leading to other teams forming in separate movies (i.e. the X-Force movie in development) that will end up uniting to oppose a greater threat not unlike Marvel is doing w/ Thanos.

:apocalypse: could be Fox's answer to Thanos!

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

August 24, 2013, 09:31PM #756 Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:38PM by Lightning249539
Quote from: Harpua1982 on August 24, 2013, 08:06PM
I haven't seen the after-credits scene, but isn't it supposed to lead up to Days of Future Past? I imagine the X-Men and the Brotherhood will have one common enemy, Trask and his Sentinels.

And hopefully that movie will pave the way for an X-Men shared universe, ultimately leading to other teams forming in separate movies (i.e. the X-Force movie in development) that will end up uniting to oppose a greater threat not unlike Marvel is doing w/ Thanos.

:apocalypse: could be Fox's answer to Thanos!
You are right look at this imbd casting list for Xmen: Days of Future Past http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1877832/. It seems like Bishop, Quicksilver, Blink, Sunspot, and Bolivar Trask is going to be in it.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKAP6Uv_pBU

Sentinels:

:storm:

yes, w/ the cast from X-Men-X3 and First Class in a time-travel saga, hopefully this will fix some of the continuity errors put in place w/ X3. Fox has rights to all the mutants in the Marvel Universe (including FF, Surfer and Galactus). Although a lot of fans are saying they want a shared universe, like what Marvel is doing w/ the Avengers, I think the X-Universe can stand on it's own w/out the need to include FF, Surfer and Galactus and still be a shared universe withen the X-Universe.

Since this is a time-travel piece, this could create some peace between humans and mutants. Not complete harmony, but better than what was before. This could lead to other mutant teams forming like the X-Force, X-Factor, New Mutants, Excalibur, ect, ect...

Now what the MCU is doing is taking individual characters from the Avengers and giving them their own stand-alone film(s). (i.e. Ironman, Thor, Cap) Those individual characters eventually meet up to form a movie on an even grander scale, called the Avengers.

The Fox Cinematic Universe can do this too, but instead of focusing on individual characters, they can focus on teams, like the ones mentioned above, instead.

Fox has plenty of source material throughout the comics for what could be successful story-arcs, Like the Legacy Virus, House of M, Age of Apoc, the list goes on. If Fox takes anything from the hugely successful MCU, I hope it's the confidence that some of these stories from the comics can be successful on screen as well.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

That would be pretty awesome, what I'm currently hoping for is that they make a movie in which a lot of characters in X3 are fleshed out more, I mean, Toad, Juggernaut, Arclight etc. X3 introduced so many characters without giving them proper personality's, and proper screen time etc.
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

If only the universe emerged into one, except Raimi Spidey & Pre-2010s F4 universes. Reminds me what happen in DC's Infinite Crisis (& Flash Point could be count) where Dakotaverse (home of Static) emerge w/ New Earth
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

Looks like James Spader (Emmy award winner) will be portraying Ultron in the new Avengers: Age of Ultron movie.

So...That means the Avengers 2 won't include Thanos? :/, I hope it's not like the comic book arc, to little characters have (in my opinion) be introduced to match all the drama going on. Curious to see how Thanos will make an appearence though..

Soo...I just did a little Google search, appearently, Thanos is appearing in both Guardians of the Galaxy & Avengers 2, though now that the title 'Age of Ultron' is revealed, I doubt he'll be a main villain
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

I imagine he'll play a behind the curtain role in both GotG and A2, like he did in the first Avengers, that eventually leads up to A3. Although, I did read somewhere that we will hear Thanos' voice in GotG.

^^view MelloMods' Mods^^

Im happy tho because it said in Avengers 2 Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch is going to be in the movie which Is great because they don't appear in any Marvel movies. :storm:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2475713/New-Captain-America-Winter-Soldier-trailer-reveals-new-villain.html

- The Cap in a modern looking suit
- Falcon is introduced. His wings look awesome btw

Looking forward to see this movie.