Marvel Movies News

Started by Nowhere Man, December 17, 2009, 02:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have no issues with Catherina Zeta-Jones or whatever her face is as Wasp but Michael as Hank? I mean isn't Hank the most popular Ant Man? I don't even know who Scott Lang is.

Quote from: B.L.A.W on January 14, 2014, 04:05PM
I have no issues with Catherina Zeta-Jones or whatever her face is as Wasp but Michael as Hank? I mean isn't Hank the most popular Ant Man? I don't even know who Scott Lang is.

Scott Lang is the second most popular Ant Man. I believe he became Ant Man after stealing the suit to help his daughter, who would become Stature of the Young Avengers, and was killed when Wanda went though her issues. He was then resurrected during The Children's Crusade, right before his daughter was killed in action.

Quote from: Techon 7 on January 15, 2014, 12:20AM
Scott Lang is the second most popular Ant Man. I believe he became Ant Man after stealing the suit to help his daughter, who would become Stature of the Young Avengers, and was killed when Wanda went though her issues. He was then resurrected during The Children's Crusade, right before his daughter was killed in action.
Oh, great....that will be our Ant-Man, ladies and gentleman!

On a different note: I heard they might be negotiating with Johnny Depp for the role of Dr. Strange. Any thoughts?

He is a good actor and has the age for it. I think he can pull it off, just needs a good script.

As long as he doesn't "over-Depp" it, like most of his roles nowadays, I would be happy to see him in that role.

Quote from: LX - Rampage on January 15, 2014, 10:53AM
As long as he doesn't "over-Depp" it, like most of his roles nowadays, I would be happy to see him in that role.

True. Well, if he studies the character and understands it, Im sure he will do his job.

Seems that Baron von Strucker will be in the new avengers movie as well, played by Thomas Kretchmann

Maybe HYDRA is creating Ultron? Would be a pretty cool story
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Polygone on January 15, 2014, 02:29PM

Well Hydra was mentioned in the last episode of Agents of Shield along with Centipede

Quote from: Polygone on January 15, 2014, 02:29PM
Nope. I don't think so. It will be a complete mess. I'm starting to think that Fox have more respect to the comics.

Quote from: Odinson012 on January 15, 2014, 03:15PM
Nope. I don't think so. It will be a complete mess. I'm starting to think that Fox have more respect to the comics.

You mean the failures like X3, Daredevil and Elektra?

Imo the Marvel movies are in better hands when Marvel Studios has the rights to them. This pretty much has been proven by the ratings that the Iron Man, Thor and Avenger movies have received. It's still my opinion though, not a fact :P

According to IMDB's Avengers 2 Trivia:

Joss Whedon cast Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch because he thought their powers would be cool to use in a film: "Their powers are very visually interesting... One of the problems I had on the first one was everybody basically had punchy powers... Quicksilver's got super speed; Scarlet Witch can weave spells and a little telekinesis, get inside your head. That's good stuff they can do that will help keep it fresh."

Ok well I'm not sure of Joss actually knows the characters that well or not.

Sounds like he was talking about Raven more so instead of Scarlet Witch. :laugh:

You can bet that Joss knows his stuff. Sure, Wanda's description doesn't really sound on the spot, but that is in regards to the comic book character. The movie character has to be somewhat different. They can't have mutants in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as Fox owns the X-Men rights; there are no characters in the MCU who were born with powers - these two need to have a different source for their powers that already makes them different from the characters we know. And, possibly, Wanda's magic may involve telekinesis or other stuff not necessarily matching the comic book counterpart.
(Then again, it could easily be a misquote as well.)

I've been loving most of Marvel's movies of the past years, and even a lot of the older movies. I actually liked Daredevil a lot and I liked X3 and Spidey 3 just fine. But I especially liked what they did with those MCU movies so far.
The only franchise I don't have a whole lot of faith in is Sony's Spider-Man. While I don't mind the occasional departure from comic book continuity (it's necessary all the time), there is some basic stuff that should remain intact and that especially goes for character personalities. And it's not that I think Andrew Garfield is a bad actor, but his Peter Parker is completely unrecognisable to me. As one example, I really hate how he walks into May's house covered in bruises and simply looks awkward, he doesn't even bother with an excuse like 'Oh I just got run over by the paper delivery boy, I'm so clumsy sometimes!'. While I do think Garfield's the better Spider-Man, I found Tobey McGuire to be the better Peter Parker, which is more important to me.
I didn't hate the first movie but overall I was severely underwhelmed. The trailer for the second one didn't look to promising to me either.

Quote from: Hobgoblin on January 16, 2014, 12:38AM
While I do think Garfield's the better Spider-Man, I found Tobey McGuire to be the better Peter Parker

This, Tobey Mcguire was just a little more akward & nerdish, which is exactly Peter, Andrew Garfield,eh....Not so much

I just hope we get to see a proper Wanda, she caused M-day, so she should at least have some respectable powers besides weaving little spells and a bit of telekinesis (Whedon, telekinesis = moving things with your mind, telephatic = getting in your mind, get your facts straight)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven