Marvel Movies News

Started by Nowhere Man, December 17, 2009, 02:53PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: B.L.A.W on January 27, 2015, 05:25PM
Nothing against the black actor, nothing against the other actors, but there's just no doubt:

Fox doesn't know what to do but cash in on the super hero movies and will do anything and EVERYTHING to keep these rights, even if it means being "inventive". I call it lack of creativity; let's reboot instead of going for something that's already there. Pisses me off to see iconic superheroes and great titles to be in the hands of greedy hands. Marvel Studios gives fans what they want, i.e. fans have been asking for Hulkbuster Iron Man vs Hulk (per Josh Whedon's interview) and we are getting it in May this year.

And as far as X-Men goes; if X-Men or Wolverine was in Marvel's hands, we:

- Would've seen him in an outfit, with a mask, on his head not in a container which was even cut out of The Wolverine movie
- Wolverine vs Hulk
- X-Men vs. Avengers, no doubt
- Have the X-Men in spandex/a suit. Look at Captain America in the Avengers. It worked perfectly fine!

End rant and opinions.

I agree with all your points.

Just look at the unreleased Fantastic Four 1994 movie. That movie was made for the purpose of keeping the rights of the characters. The movie was never intended for release and even the actors were kept in the dark about it.

While this movie will be released, I think it is pretty obvious that they are making it to keep the rights. I understand they maybe want to have a shared universe with the X-Men films, but I don't think this movie is the way to do it.

They didn't listen to fans at all, and I think the reactions for the film already are all very negative, or at least most of them. I think it's due time the rights revert back to Marvel. And while I love the X-Men films and am eagerly awaiting the next movie, I don't think I would mind those rights going back to Marvel either. Marvel needs to get all the movie rights back and then create a shared universe of films.

As you said, they will most likely give the fans what they want, or at least listen to them.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

I agree with most of you guys however I kind of like the X-Men without the avengers or other Marvel Disney Characters.
To me I feel like the X-Men are such a unique bundle of characters that deal with hate and fear as oppose to the Avengers where they're piratically praised for being super heroes. The X-Men in general to me just has a much better story line than the Avengers. I wouldn't mind seeing them do a cross over but only with Avengers VS X-Men would I really care. They weren't really important during the civil war except for like Wolvie and Storm?? Or secret wars and to my knowledge the infinity wars either. If anything I would love to see Spider-Man and the F4 in the civil war movie cause they were actually important to the story (IMO).

As far as spandex idk about that. Cap's costume looked cool in the First Avenger, Winter Soldier, and he new Avengers 2 but it looked horrible in Avengers 1. It looked like a costume that any kid could buy during Halloween lol. I just don't think costumes from any comics looks good on heroes.

In time I would like to see all the rights go back to Marvel. Just imagine the super heroes fighting a Masters of evil like Doom, MODOK, even Galactus. But we'll see how this F4 movie comes along because remember when everyone judged Evan Peter's quicksilver than when we actually saw it he was the highlight?

I do agree with you Jeanfan. The X-Men movie story lines are much more meaningful in a way. As Bryan Singer I believe said, he wanted the mutant issue to reflect almost what the Gay community goes through with people hating them.

I think they do a good job of showing that humans fear them and it has become a major part of the film series that I do believe cuts a little deeper then the Avengers movies.

If Marvel did get the rights back, I think it could be interesting if the Phoenix Saga was re-done, a small little teaser could be placed in the Avengers where they discover Jean's cocoon or body much like they did in the comics with the help of the Fantastic Four, maybe like an after credits scene.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Agree with you guy,s the X-Men movies have much more emotion and story than any marvel movie (Avengers was a little like Power Rangers, too many explosions and unecessary battles), but of course I'd like to see more action and battles in the X-Men movies, not to mention the expandex costumes.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Spidey is home.

Woohoo finally :D about time
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

And Andrew 'does not resemble Peter Parker in any way' Garfield is out! Awesome!

Which link?
Call me Lars. I'm Power Cosmic no more.

"Trying to solve mysteries of modding here"

My Progress:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Feel free to mod my releases, as long you credit me:
http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4488.0.html

I'm really upset they pushed back Black Panther, Captain Marvel, AND The Inhumans for yet another Spider-Man film series. :(

Quote from: dameshudson13 on February 10, 2015, 02:06PM
I'm really upset they pushed back Black Panther, Captain Marvel, AND The Inhumans for yet another Spider-Man film series. :(

While Spider-man has been rebooted several times now, I don't think waiting a bit longer for those movies will hurt. I mean they aren't coming out till 2018ish anyone.

I am excited that the Marvel universe is expanding, now we just need the X-Men and Fantastic Four to hop on over too.

Yeah, pushing back film dates sucks, but it's still far away ao I'm not bothered xd

Curious about the civil war film though. They've obviously decided to side with cap (It's a cap film after all) but I'm curious about how they're gonna introduce all of the heroes that played a part and how massive the scale would be, since pretty much every marvel hero appeared in the comics at one point or another
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

I feel like the Civil War movie is going to be the one with the most interest to see what they choose to adapt. Since overall the MCU hasn't introduced that many heroes to be involved yet, and a lot of possible villains were given to guest stars in other films, don't really know if they contracted something like this ahead of time to include some kind of mini Thunderbolts scene or something.

Or maybe that's all on purpose and the film is only going to take a few minor pointers from the comic and mostly do it's own thing?
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

I have just known that marvel and fox have a really bad relationship.I also heard that the jerks in fox has the right of the term word "mutant"this means that the word mutant shouldn't be told in a film without the permission of fox.

also another strange thing I knew about,both marvel and fox have the rights of Scarletwitch and Quicksliver :quicks: to be in their movies and this explains why we saw two versions of quicksliver in Avengers 2 and in X-men days of future past,want to know why.

Here is the Marvelous reason:actually marvel has he rights of any character in the avengers team so they have the right to show scarletwitch and quicksliver and even bishop even wolverine but it looks like they didn't want screw wolverine's past adventures.what is not know by most of the movie fans that marvel has the right to show spider-man without sony's permission anyway because he is a part of the Avengers in the comics.

Here is the fox reason:Fox has the rights of any mutant(and even the word mutant)in the X-men universe and any character in it,who knows maybe they show  :spiderman: or  :capamer: in of thier future movies to help them fight  :apocalypse:.any no one knows.
This time,it's four.

Spider-Man and Captain America aren't mutants (mutated but not mutants) and will never leave Marvel's hands. Fox will keep X-Men unless Disney pays a hefty amount. There's your reason.

Quote from: B.L.A.W on February 22, 2015, 09:35PM
Spider-Man and Captain America aren't mutants (mutated but not mutants) and will never leave Marvel's hands. Fox will keep X-Men unless Disney pays a hefty amount. There's your reason.
yeah you are right Captain America won't leave Marvel's hand but dude,Sony already has  spider-man's rights(if we ignored the last action of putting spider-man in MCU).

Believe me Fox is one of the most greed companies i know,and the X-men is one of the most successive franchises in the hands of Fox.This means that fox won't  sell the x-men franchise unless marvel exchange it with another successive series(probably the Avengers,that is the least we could expect from a greedy hands like fox)
This time,it's four.