about forum advancement policy

Started by Quentin Hex, February 16, 2010, 12:09PM

Previous topic - Next topic
just out of curiosity...

what does it take to be a marvel modder?

how often and how are new moderators chosen?

I was chosen without really knowing it. I guess it requires experience on all fields (except for modeling)? It's what I think:P Before I was chosen, I already had made some mods... Ah well, I shouldn't really be the one answering, I guess an admin or nodoubt_jr could answer it, since he has been registered longer than me:P

I know how BLaw became a moderator. I said I nominated Blaw to be a moderator and Tenacum agreed. That's all it took :) I can't seem to find the topic, but yeah. 'Course, it's probably not like you just get voted in :) I think you have to earn it. And I think an admin has to agree/think that the person would be good Moderator.

Oh I remember, at the alternate skin downloads topic. Thanks for that^^.

I dont think theres a guide or rule to becoming a marvel modder or moderator, the Admins just decide.  Since i became a Marvel Modder and later a moderator there was never any discussion on who should be promoted or not. I became a Marvel Modder after a couple of mods and npcs, and a moderator after the xml2 section needed some moderating.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Quote from: Mr. Law^^ on February 16, 2010, 01:48PM
Oh I remember, at the alternate skin downloads topic. Thanks for that^^.

lol You're welcome :)

@ NDJR, so that's the "procedure" ^^. But to think of it, all of your work is topnotch material NDJR. Hence all XML2 fans name you GOD of XML2 ^^. (me too).

Quote from: Mr. Law^^ on February 16, 2010, 03:31PM
@ NDJR, so that's the "procedure" ^^. But to think of it, all of your work is topnotch material NDJR. Hence all XML2 fans name you GOD of XML2 ^^. (me too).

:D Thanks for the title :)
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

February 16, 2010, 04:12PM #8 Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:36PM by piutebob
BLaw has a custom title, Le Moderator, you should make yours the title BLaw gave you :D

EDIT: ok, I mean BLaw has Mar-Vell Mod-Derr.

Actually, I was going to change mine :P I was only filling that in to test what it was :P

Is it possible for non-moderators to have custom titles?

Quote from: Mr. Law^^ on February 16, 2010, 12:37PM
I was chosen without really knowing it. I guess it requires experience on all fields (except for modeling)?

if that's the case I'd like to nominate Marvel Watcher and Whiteking for Marvel Modders, cause they both have made full characters mods, skins and all. =)
My Releases - http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3554.0

"Beneath this mask there are ideals and ideals are bulletproof."

Quote from: Nowhere Man on February 17, 2010, 01:49PM
if that's the case I'd like to nominate Marvel Watcher and Whiteking for Marvel Modders, cause they both have made full characters mods, skins and all. =)
i agree.

Quote from: piutebob on February 17, 2010, 01:37PM
Is it possible for non-moderators to have custom titles?

Well... Check yours now :P
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.