My custom skins,etc: Warpath, Cyclops, Crossbones, Punisher, Magneto, Batman

Started by iammingy, May 11, 2007, 02:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Because it is a PS2 model, you should be able to use this Magneto skin in both MUA and XML2.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: fox456 on July 07, 2012, 05:55AMBecause it is a PS2 model, you should be able to use this Magneto skin in both MUA and XML2.

But then why do you (skin modders) create separate skins for each platform, if they are interchangeable? :scratchhead:

On-topic: great skins, iammingy, keep them coming. :)

Quote from: Achilles1986 on July 07, 2012, 05:37PM

But then why do you (skin modders) create separate skins for each platform, if they are interchangeable? :scratchhead:

On-topic: great skins, iammingy, keep them coming. :)
There's three types of models:
PC model skins need to have their colors flipped when switching between the games
Ps2 models have less quality but work fine in both games without power switching
Custom models only work in mua

fox and Deedoo are right! :)

XML2 PC models work on:
* XML2 PC
* MUA PC (requires switching the color channels of the texture from RGB to BGR; may have black dots)

XML2 PS2 models work on:
* XML2 PC, PS2, Xbox
* MUA PC, PS2, Xbox

MUA PC models work on:
* MUA PC only

MUA PS2 models work on:
* MUA PC, PS2, Xbox

What he said about quality of PS2 skins, I thought the PS2 skins were actually pretty great quality.

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 07, 2012, 08:59PM
What he said about quality of PS2 skins, I thought the PS2 skins were actually pretty great quality.
The textures are less big than MUA PC model textures. SO when you zoom in they can get a wee bit blurry/loose some of the finer details but that's not really a big deal most of the time.

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 07, 2012, 09:03PM
The textures are less big than MUA PC model textures. SO when you zoom in they can get a wee bit blurry/loose some of the finer details but that's not really a big deal most of the time.

Ah I see, that makes sense. Fortunately that hasn't stopped me from using them. It's the lack of an adequate PS2 model that does that.

There's plenty of great ps2 models, IMHO XD for me it's the texture that counts, not the model.

Iammingy: are we getting too off-topic in your thread?

Thanks for all the info, guys! Always happy to learn new things :)

Back on-topic: do you take skin requests Iammingy, or should I just post them in the "Big skin request" thread?

Quote from: DeeDooo on July 07, 2012, 09:09PM
There's plenty of great ps2 models, IMHO XD for me it's the texture that counts, not the model.

Iammingy: are we getting too off-topic in your thread?

It's about skins. So, it's ok. :)

Quote from: Achilles1986 on July 07, 2012, 09:26PM
Thanks for all the info, guys! Always happy to learn new things :)

Back on-topic: do you take skin requests Iammingy, or should I just post them in the "Big skin request" thread?

Put them in the request thread because I am not the only skinner around here. Thanks!

It has been a while since the Marvel-only rule was lifted. This is my first non-Marvel release.

Batman - 8 Skins + 2 capes + cape animations (PS2 models/animations for MUA/XML2 - PC/XBOX/PS2 versions)
>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<

Usage for cape:

• Put the capes and animations in the "actors" folder
  • Put this code in the herostat. Example uses the black cape

BoltOn {
      anim = batman_cape_anims ;
      bolt = Bip01 Spine2 ;
      model = batman_cape_black ;
      slot = ebolton_cape ;
      }

To hide Black Panther's daggers, put this code in the herostat:

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = dagger_l_segment ;
      }

Multipart {
      health = 0 ;
      hideskin = dagger_r_segment ;
      }

Previews:
From left: Modern (black-grey), The Animated Series (90's), Troika/Batman 1989 movie,  New 52

From left: Modern (blue-grey), Silver Age, Knightfall Armor (Azrael as Batman),  Batman Beyond

From left: black cape, blue cape

I think I will make some variants of that Knightfall Armor...

ARE
YOU
SERIOUS?!

Those are absolutely AWESOME. GREAT use of the Black Panther model. STUNNING. I'm... speechless. Superb textures. Wow. Really.

The Azrael skin is just brilliant. I had suspected Black Panther could have workes as a model for Batman, but... not like this. Almost seems the Black Panther model was thought of as an excuse to be turned into Batman.

Oh, and the cape. Right texture, right shape. It's just so adequate.

Thank you very much for using PS2 models (and the cape, really? WOW).

If it was legal, I'd marry your skins. Each and every one of them.

Thanks for the kind words!!!

Yes, everything is from PS2.
The base skins are PS2 models of Blackpanther ceremonial costume and holy armor.
The scalloped cape is reworked from Deathhands' cape -- female minions in XML2.

I am actually surprised that Blackpanther's holy armor worked so well for Azrael. haha

O_O Theses must be some of the bests skins I have ever seen. There just so clean and detailed. AWESOME job! keep it up!!! 
ℜ£Ðƒ∫ÂΜ∑115