My custom skins,etc: Warpath, Cyclops, Crossbones, Punisher, Magneto, Batman

Started by iammingy, May 11, 2007, 02:18PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oh my god the Armored black panther model looks great with a cape! Awesome skins. I usually don't care about DC releases but these are great quality :D

Quote from: iammingy on July 14, 2012, 04:23PM
Thanks for the kind words!!!

Yes, everything is from PS2.
The base skins are PS2 models of Blackpanther ceremonial costume and holy armor.
The scalloped cape is reworked from Deathhands' cape -- female minions in XML2.

I am actually surprised that Blackpanther's holy armor worked so well for Azrael. haha

I hadn't thought of the cape model, but yeah, it looks quite right. Thanks again. I'll use them immediately in XML2 with NDJR Moon Knight's conversion.

This may be pushing it too much, but... have you considered making a Nolan's movie skin, since we're almost in the Eve of the Rise of the Dark Knight?

These are just awesome Mingy! Would you mind if I used them when I convert my future Batman mod to XML2 (Since I can't use custom models there T___________________________________T)

Quote from: redflame115 on July 14, 2012, 04:27PM
O_O Theses must be some of the bests skins I have ever seen. There just so clean and detailed. AWESOME job! keep it up!!! 
Quote from: readeaux91 on July 14, 2012, 04:33PM
Drooling...on ...keyboard...Batman...so awesome...
Quote from: Johnny Crazy on July 14, 2012, 04:42PM
Damn! Amazing batman. dat cape
Quote from: DeeDooo on July 14, 2012, 04:46PM
Oh my god the Armored black panther model looks great with a cape! Awesome skins. I usually don't care about DC releases but these are great quality :D

Thanks everyone!!!

Quote from: hemlot on July 14, 2012, 04:57PM
I hadn't thought of the cape model, but yeah, it looks quite right. Thanks again. I'll use them immediately in XML2 with NDJR Moon Knight's conversion.

This may be pushing it too much, but... have you considered making a Nolan's movie skin, since we're almost in the Eve of the Rise of the Dark Knight?

Yes, I am working on it, slowly. The body armor has too many details. So, I thought I will put it in a future release.
Are there any other costumes that are worth doing?
I am working on Green Lantern Batman, too.

Quote from: BLaw on July 14, 2012, 05:04PM
These are just awesome Mingy! Would you mind if I used them when I convert my future Batman mod to XML2 (Since I can't use custom models there T___________________________________T)

Thanks!
I am fine with that.

Quote from: iammingy on July 14, 2012, 05:11PM
Thanks everyone!!!

Yes, I am working on it, slowly. The body armor has too many details. So, I thought I will put it in a future release.
Are there any other costumes that are worth doing?
I am working on Green Lantern Batman, too.

I'm so happy to hear/read this! And yeah, these skins of yours look like they took a LONG time, so don't worry about it. Quality takes time, and no one's in a hurry.

There are not many other costumes left... Perhaps the Frank Miller's versions of Batman:

http://images.dailyfreegames.com/wallpaper/size2/size2_4e79de5331e46.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-x28zTIW-BIE/T723OJ4a9uI/AAAAAAAAMLs/fEd7fl3Pd5A/s1600/dark-knight-returns-final-page.jpg

He usually beefs up Batman quite a bit, but the real distinction is in the size and shape of the bat logo on the chest.

If you had LOTS of spare time and wanted to do something goofy, you could try the Adam West look (basically it consists on no muscle texture):
http://blogtitlan.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/batman-adam-west.jpg

and the awful costume from the the movies that shouldn't have happened. Yup, the ones with bat-nipples.

NICE! I really like them!

Two small issues I noticed (not to take away from how well-made these skins are):
1. The face looks a bit strange, like an old cartoon
2. There aren't any scalloped fins

I realize there's not a whole lot you can do about it; these are incredible though!

Quote from: Hyperman360 on July 15, 2012, 11:19AM
NICE! I really like them!

Two small issues I noticed (not to take away from how well-made these skins are):
1. The face looks a bit strange, like an old cartoon
2. There aren't any scalloped fins

I realize there's not a whole lot you can do about it; these are incredible though!

2. It either requires a new model or some boltons. Nothing is perfect.

Sorry, I forgot to answer #1: Which part of the face? the mask or the exposed mouth area? or the whole face? @@

I've been away for a few days.  When I first starting reading through you thread to catch up on what I had missed, I saw that you had made some Batman skins.  Well, I saw your link to download them and I clicked it.  I thought it was strange that you hadn't included any pictures of your skins....  WHAT A SURPRISE when I scrolled down further and saw those UNBELIEVABLE skins!!!  What a great likeness to the actual uniforms!  Fantastic job, iammingy and thanks for sharing!

Oh, and I love his cowl and cape too.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Quote from: iammingy on July 15, 2012, 08:10PM
Sorry, I forgot to answer #1: Which part of the face? the mask or the exposed mouth area? or the whole face? @@

I think it's mainly the mouth.