Namor Mod from the 27npc project (complete)

Started by krum4o, May 15, 2007, 08:01AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 15, 2007, 08:01AM Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:01AM by krum4o
All I did here was take the namor files out of the 27 npc project and changed a few things around so that he can be playable as a regular character. Ive put just his hero star entries in the data file so make sure to change that. He does level up regularly.  Mod works fine now!!!! flight and name both work. Works like a charm thanks for the tips.

Includes- power and hud icons.
1 Skin- 3 more needed
Original powers set all made by tommyboy

I dont want to take credit for this mod! The creators of the27 npc project should get credit. Tommyboy that is.
Enjoy
http://www.box.net/shared/iublfd19lj
"Where soars the Silver Surfer,
there must he soar alone."

hrmm cool extraction.  someone should be able to fix up his flight.  now getting his little wings to flap might be tougher...  but still a noble effort nonetheless.  does he have powers?

yeah all the powers are there thats why i posted it :)  the powers are the same as the ones from the 27 npc project, with icons and all

his wings are fine .  the skins is the same as  the npc namor in the game so there shouldnt be a problem with his little wings.

May 15, 2007, 09:19AM #4 Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:24AM by cvc
stats {
   autospend = bruiser_light ;
   body = 7 ;
   characteranims = 15_ironman ;
   charactername = NAMOR ; -------change that
   level = 1 ;
   menulocation = 17 ;
   mind = 8 ;
   moveset1 = moveset_flying ;-------add that
   name = Ironman ;
   playable = true ;
   powerstyle = ps_ironman ;
   scriptlevel = 3 ;
   skin = 1502 ;
   skin_01_name = New Avenger ;
   skin_02 = 05 ;
   skin_02_name = Classic ;
   skin_03 = 03 ;
   skin_03_name = War Machine ;
   skin_04 = 04 ;
   skin_04_name = Ultimate ;
   skin_05 = 08 ;
   skin_05_name = Iron Man Gold ;
   skin_06 = 09 ;
   skin_06_name = Ultimate ;
   sounddir = iron_m ;
   strength = 6 ;
   team = hero ;
   textureicon = 13 ;
      Race {
      name = Mutant ;
      }

Race {
      name = XMen ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = ironman_p1 ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = grab ;
      }

talent {
      level = 1 ;
      name = flight ;--------add this he should have his name and fly
      }
all of course if Tommyboy2002 doesn't mind.
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

lol i made some silly errors with the name, the flight is already there but ill check out the pkg and talent files maybe i missed something

May 15, 2007, 09:32AM #6 Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:36AM by cvc
If you got everything the way you want it this is all you have to change is the herostat.I never noticed if those wings on his feet move or not.  :laugh:

yeah ive done that, i actually did this several weeks  ago in order to learn how to  mod,  to use it as an example,  my only problem with modding is that my powers never show up.

May 15, 2007, 09:40AM #8 Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:55AM by cvc
Are they working for you now? change the icons in both talent and powerstyles to namor_icons then they'll show up. alos go to textures ui where icons are found change the name of someone else's to namor_icons,the very talented modders here have made many and posted them if you use those show thanks for their hard work and time.

i put up a post earlier that i was working on a wong mod ( im a fan of lesser known characters) i got everything perfect except for thepower icons, i used dr strange just as a starting point changed all reffrences but nothing showed up, i can post up my progress on wong and maybe someone can tell me where ive gone wrong....

I have no objections to extractions of characters from the npc27 Mod or the Avengers one.
If it makes life easier to have them available as single Mods, have at it.
(Of course credit in the readme's is nice).

:) i didnt make a readme, but i dont intend to take any credit for this, the major part of the mod in my opinion is the creation of the powers and icons, anf of coarse skins if they are originals,  so all in all this is your mod i just exracted it :)                                           

Tommyboy2002 I know you are very over worked, so I ask in hopes that you felt the same about Namor is there a way you could change is ankles where they look better,thats the only reason I haven't tried to put together a mod of him. Thanks For All of your characters and modsss work.

Quote from: cvc on May 15, 2007, 10:19AM
Tommyboy2002 I know you are very over worked, so I ask in hopes that you felt the same about Namor is there a way you could change is ankles where they look better,thats the only reason I haven't tried to put together a mod of him. Thanks For All of your characters and modsss work.

I'm afraid because it's an in-game model (ie not one i made myself) theres nothing that I can do about the ankle wings. You may have to live with them as is.

I kinda was thinking that was the case,they just seem way to fat.