Worst Marvel character...

Started by Teancum, May 15, 2007, 08:07AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Catman is DC. But yes, the costumes are too similar (actually, being Bats' the one that doesn't really look like his namesake). Well, at least that's the Catman you linked, never heard of a Marvel Catman.

Hey channel, can you attempt to edit your posts instead of posting a lot in a row? Thx

Quote from: Midnight Curse on June 30, 2007, 10:15PM
Hey channel, can you attempt to edit your posts instead of posting a lot in a row? Thx

It still takes up less room than your emperor picture.

fair point. I'll shrink it down a bit.

Quote from: Midnight Curse on June 30, 2007, 10:15PM

You're really the last person that should be correcting people on their posts...  Something about a tea kettle and a pot?
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

At least I don't paste like twelveteen posts in a row. I am also attempting to stop my bad spamming habits.

No. Spam = Bad.

/slaps ALL of your hands

Continue discussing Worst Marvel characters, please. I'll delete any further OT posts in this thread.

Anyway, for me it's most probably Jubilee.

yes, howard is pretty lame, did you ever see the movie? wowzers

no im afraid i never got around to seeing the movie, theres so many duck related characters already in cartoons ive already had my fix, another lame character dinah soar, wtf is up with that thing

Namor, most definitely. After that Squirrel Girl.

Quote from: Teancum on June 29, 2007, 09:26AM
I dig Jubilee, but I grew up watching the X-Men cartoon.  Now if you want to talk about a lame X-Man, let's talk about Dazzler.  She's not bad as a character, but dumb as an X-Man.

Agreed--I hate to go into "fanboy" mode, but Claremont grossly mischaracterized Dazzler once he had her on the team.  He took away all the character quirks that made her "Dazzler" and started writing her as the team rookie (despite the fact that she had a 42+ issue solo run before joining the X-Men) and made her into kind of a prima-donna/priss.  I'm not a big fan of "X-Men" Dazzler, "Marvel Universe" Dazzler was cool though.  And don't even get me started on "New Excalibur" Dazzler :(  She's been cool in the Marvel Zombies vs Army Of Darkness mini.  She's actually pretty cool under any writer but Claremont (who's written her for nearly all her X-Men related appearances).

Jubilee...well.  The cartoon version was enough to give me a lifetime distaste for her.  She got better in Generation X, I thought--but on the whole I've never cared for her.

But the MU character of all time that I hate and think is one of the shittiest characters being published?  SAGE.  She's a Mary Sue/Deus ex Machina with vague powers that are somehow molded and adapted for any situation.  Characters are always fawning over her and she's almost always one-upping villains and her own teammates.  Matrix rip-off with OMG-the-shiznit powers and no weaknesses or limitations = LAME ;)

Hey, I don't like Namor either! (Except for the fact he has some telekinetic control over water)

Howard the Duck is quite lame, I admit.

July 07, 2007, 06:58PM #44 Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 07:02PM by ratmon
I hated that eye crap from mvsc series. I mean what the hell was that? Fun to play as sometime. And that one guy that can talk from that one planet! Lol