The time has come to open this ancient Vault once again! I can't believe I gave up on modding in 2012. Well, things are about to change...
And this time, I present to everyone my first ever character mod:
Meet Alpha Flight's agile hand-to-hand specialist, named Puck! This mod was created as a response to Outsider's challenge for new modders since Puck was the only iconic member left from the Alpha Flight roster. Puck turned out to be extremely effective, even if he doesn't have a lot of moves. Check him out! And bring his fellow Alpha Flight members along for the ultimate teamwork experience!FEATURES:
- 4 powers, 2 boosts, and an Xtreme.
- Abilities of Compressed Cellular Structure (25% resistance to any damage type), Acrobatic Agility (can manually evade attacks while blocking, making combat more skill-based!).
- 5 hex-edited skins, 5 HUDs, a loading screen (+ 2 extra), icons, mannequin, and sound/voice file that uses voice lines of League of Legends' character Rumble.
- Uses assigned number #243
(will clash with Heimdall in mannequin
1. Puck n' Roll: Curling into a ball, Puck propels himself forward, knocking his opponents down as he goes.
2. Tripping Breakaway: Spins legs around kicking any enemies within range, sweeping them off balance.
3. Cartwheel Circus: Eugene performs cartwheels to evade enemy attacks. Use Block to cancel. Press Attack or Smash to unleash a devastating leap kick as a counterattack.
4. Dropkick Pass: Puck jumps on his targets, dealing Physical Dmg with a chance to knock out stunned enemies. Upgrades Grab Smash.
5. (Boost) Bullfighter's Grit: Puck boosts his own movement speed and motivates his allies, increasing the chance to dodge enemy attacks for the entire team.
6. (Boost) Half as Tall, Twice the Hero: Thanks to his superhuman stamina, Eugene is able to sustain peak exertion and greatly decrease energy spending for a time.
7. (Xtreme) What the Puck!: Accelerating to superhuman speed, Puck curls into a ball and stuns all enemies, dealing massive Physical Dmg.
Ability. Acrobatic Agility: Hold Block and press Attack or Smash to Evade enemy attacks.
Ability. Fastball: Can be thrown like a fastball by bigger heroes!NOTES:
- If you want to use 2 bonus loading screens, go to "xtras" folder and rename the one you want to 24303
and place it in "textures\loading". If you want to use all 3 loading screens, rename both to 24301
, but note that those will clash with Heimdall's. If you are using a mod of another Alpha Flight member (Guardian, Vindicator, Sasquatch, Shaman, Aurora/Northstar, or Snowbird), you can use the Alpha Flight loading screen for them instead. Given that Guardian, Shaman, and Sasquatch don't have loading screens, you can use their numbers.
- The "xtras" folder also includes his voice line (PUCK_BREAK.wav) for the x_voice if you want him to say a quote in the Character Select Screen.BUGS
- There are minor issues that I don't know how to fix:
- Power 3 "Cartwheel Circus" can only be canceled manually, either via blocking or by executing a kick. If you don't have enough energy for the kick, you'll be stuck in the cartwheel mode unless you cancel by blocking.
- Power 4 power may sometimes not properly connect with enemies, however, it's just a cosmetic problem and doesn't affect gameplay;
- After performing Power 4, Puck can't interact with knocked down enemies for a few seconds or until another move has been used, in some instances also causing nearby enemies to trip and fall after being hit by them;
- While using his Xtreme power, like with all teleporting powers, it's possible to fall through the map to your death on uneven surfaces, so try to avoid using Xtreme on slopes or stairs.CREDITS:BloodyMares
- Mod creation & coding, HUDs, icons, sounds, effects recolor, and 2 bonus loading screens.Outsider
- Mod concept and moveset suggestions, coding of "Cartwheel Circus" power and "Fastball" ability, 1 loading screen. Dr. Bruce Banner
- All 5 skins;UltraMegaMagnus
- Mannequin;uncannyknack (Deviantart)
- Alpha Flight fan-art: https://www.deviantart.com/uncannyknack/art/Alpha-Flight-WIP-704487249Special Thanks
to my mentor Outsider for his guide "[MUA1] THE OUTSIDER'S GUIDE TO MODDING", his various contributions for the modding community that inspired me, and his invaluable help with the coding, words of advice, and moral support! But most of all, his patience. I would never be able to do it without his guidance.
Also thanks to the Marvel Mods Discord community for help, especially Nicaras, ZuluViking, UltraMegaMagnus, and Rock of the SCPD/Corvetterules.DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/51sloh6kgd5w37h/Puck_Mod_v1.0_by_BloodyMares.zip/file