Game does run with the GeForce 6200 chipset. I feel so cheated. 8)

Started by MonitorAccess, July 09, 2010, 09:43AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok,

So I have had MUA for the PS2 since the day it came out.  I bought it for the 360 as soon as I purchased one (Sometime in March of 07)  I also got MUA for PSP the day it came out for that platform.

I always held off on buying it for the PC because I did not have one of the listed supported chipsets for the graphics card.  The supported chipsets says it needs a GeForce 7300 256MB or newer with DirectX 9.0c.  I have a 6200 512MB with DIrectX 9.0C.  So, I figured I needed a new video card...however all the newer video cards in that class (The 7300 or whatever the Radeon one is which I can't recall off the top of my head) need either an AGP or PCIe port...which my motherboard does NOT have.   So I decided to wait on the purchase until I upgraded my PC.

I *still* have not had the money to do that...so I just kept letting it go and not getting the game.  I then ran across the XML2 mods here and realized I *can* play that game on this rig, so I got it from a friend who happened to have it and was getting rid of it.  I've been enjoying playing with some of the mods...but I just prefer MUA. 

MUA has been my favorite game for the past few years...I have played the heck out of it on the PSP, PS2 and 360.  SO the same friend who had XML2 had MUA...he gave it to me at the same time.  Just for the heck of it, I decided to install it.  It WORKS!

So....ALL THIS TIME I *COULD* HAVE BEEN PLAYING IT ON MY PC!!!!!  I was robbed I tell yas!   :capamer: :hawkeye: :scarletw: :quicks: :vision:

So...to sum up...the game appears to run fine on the GeForce 6200 512MB video card, even though that is not listed as a supported chipset.  Whodathunkit?

Glad you can play MUA :)
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

That site runs a little survey so to speak, of your pc and will tell you how well your pc will run a game, if at all.
"In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law-to pursue...natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment."