Strange Problem

Started by MonitorAccess, July 08, 2010, 06:49PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am asking this here, instead of technical problems, because technically I am not having any problems with mods.  Since I am not using any. 

The same friend who gave my XML2, gave me MUA today.  Even though I do have a supported chipset, the game is running fine on my rig.  (I have a Geforce 6200 512MB...the supplied documentation says MUA supports a GeForce 7300 256MB)   I have the graphics turned all the way down though.

But I am NOT having any graphical problems...

I am having a strange problem with my Gamepad.  I have the Xbox 360 wireless receiver hooked up to my PC.  I am actually running it plugged in via the USB recharge cable, so as not to use up my battery packs which are in the living room.  The same problem happens if I am running off USB or battery.

MUA is recognizing that I am running an Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver. 

MUA is not recognizing the buttons correctly on my 360 gamepad.  If I press the (A) button it is registering as the (X) button, while the (B) button is registering as the (A) button.  The Right stick button is registering as the START button.  The only things that seem to register correctly are the Left stick and the D-Pad

Doing a MANUAL configuration in the options is not helping.  I try to press the A button to be the Fast Attack button, and it registers as X A.

Now, I have run the calibration in Windows XP, and each button is registering as they are supposed to.  DirectX 9.0c is running the most up to date drivers, the 360 controller is running the most up to date drivers. 

So I guess my question boils down to:  Has this happened to anyone else?  And if it has, has anyone found a FIX for it somewhere?  There is NOTHING for this on the Activision support site.  Does anyone have a link to someplace that MIGHT have some tech support?  I lost the link to the original Hero HQ years ago...

It's a known bug that was never fixed. You're not alone.

Quote from: Teancum on July 09, 2010, 04:33AM
It's a known bug that was never fixed. You're not alone.

Ahhhh...thank you.  At least this lets me know that it's not just me...

I suppose I could try Xpadder to try and use my controller as the keyboard.  Only problem I can think of is the Keyboard doesn't have a 'USE POWERS' button.  I'll have to think about that...but I have a few ideas.

With a keyboard you use numbers 1 through to 0 to use powers. This means you have access to all the powers at once. It's more fun in my opinion.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Yes...I do prefer having all powers at once...I'm mulling a few ideas around.  I *can* actually map buttons 1-8 to buttons on my gamepad using x-padder.  I can also use my Logitech Dual Action which works...although it has a short and occasionally I need to "jiggle" the cord which gets old fast.

I end up just mapping the controls to my gamepad the same way it is on the 360 and ignoring the colored buttons that show up on screen.  A long time ago I wanted to fix it (it's as simple as adjusting the original texture so the buttons are in the right place on the texture) but got interested in other things.  If we ever update the Official Characters mod again we'll be sure to add that feature.

i could try and fix the texture. what texture should i get and what needs to be fixed?

Don't remember off hand.  I don't have MUA installed at the moment.

I actually found someone who had already done that exact thing, with the textures.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932592-marvel-ultimate-alliance/49763513

That thread on Gfaqs has the link to the download.

oh thanks for that :) i might actualy use the game pad a little now, just for the change. i'll miss all 7-10 powers though...

Yeah....I'm just used to playing with a gamepad....this is now the 5th platform I have played MUA on, and the 4th platform I have actually bought.  I own PS2, PSP, 360...I rented Wii, and now I have the PC version.

I've gotten MUA2 on 3 platforms...360, and in the last couple of weeks PSP and PS2.

I don't know if that is neat...or sad.