XML2 Booster Pack

Started by Teancum, May 31, 2007, 06:33AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 31, 2007, 06:33AM Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:51PM by Teancum
Just thought I'd let you know what I've been doing for the past week or so.  I've taken a break from MUAXbox modding and finishing Nightcrawler to work on this.  So without any further ado:

XML2 BOOSTER PACK
--35+ New skins
--4 skins minimum per character
--Psylocke (with a new skin)

Now I still need to go and get permissions from BliZZ, Iammingy, DarkMythology & Burning Rage for their work, when I hear back I should be nearly done.  All new skins have 3D HUD heads, though some use a 'generic' version (like Gladiator Juggernaut).  This is a compilation of unused XML2 stuff, stuff that was in XML1 that wasn't in XML2, MUA stuff, and community skins.  This'll basically be plug-n-play.  Just dump the files and you're golden.  I'm even including a script that runs in the first level to unlock all different skins for all unlocked characters.

SKINS: RED are unfinished
-Magneto: 80s helmet, 80s no helmet, Classic no Helmet, Xorn (by Youngblood000 - don't have a way to contact him)
-Wolverine: Animated Series (from XML1), Modern (not cel-shaded), Gladiator
-Gambit: Training Room, Animated Series
-Rogue: XML1 Ultimate, Classic Ms Marvel (yes, it's cel-shaded)
-Colossus: Training Room (not cel-shaded)
-Storm: Retro (not cel-shaded), Animated Series (not cel-shaded), XML1 Ultimate
-Professor X: khakis & black shirt, gladiator
-Toad: Gladiator
-Juggernaut: X-Men, black no helmet, Gladiator
-Pyro: Freedom Force, Classic
-Psylocke: AoA (MUA conversion), Training
-Iceman: Ultimate (w/hat), 90s, MUA Bobby Drake (not cel-shaded)
-Iron Man: Silver Centurion, Classic (not cel-shaded), Arctic, Ultimate (not cel-shaded), Stealth (cel-shaded version), Modular Armor (Infinite Captain from XML2 by Iammingy)
-Sunfire: Modern,Shiro
-Bishop: Xtreme X-Men
-Nightcrawler: XML1 (the one with no gloves)
-Cyclops: Reactivation of unused skins - no specifics yet, but his Gladiator costume for sure, Armored (reskin of Shock Trooper Captain from XML2)
-Scarlet Witch: w/cape
-Jean Grey: White Phoenix, Classic (Jim Lee), XML1 Utimate
-Sabertooth: Weapon X

-Havok: Prototype (Reskin of 8501.igb -the POW Gaurd from XML2), Ultimate (BliZZ), MutantX (Xbox Classic Human Torch reskin)

No skins for Deadpool.  It was just going to be a personal project and I plan on replacing him.  Havok'll probably replace Deadpool when he's finished.  DP's much better in MUA anyways.

Rogue's 5th skin:  Carol Danvers (Original)

As you can see, it's cel-shaded.  It's actually the Phoenix model reskinned.  I'll probably do the same with Warbird as well.

http://thegamersjournal.com/rpg/pc/xmenlegends2/skins.php

Original Toad can be found here - called as "Purple & Orange"

Scarlet Witch (gypsy w/cape)

Loose reference

It's just a Black Queen reskin, but it's better than not having a 4th.  If anyone wants the PSD to put it in MUA let me know.  It should look much better, but mipmapping kills the quality.

Ultimate Iron Man and Doom Iron Man are in.  No MK IV costume unfortunately.  The Xbox version is only 128x128 and the PS2 textures are to tough to edit. 

*Note to self, change Doom Iron Man's HUD.

Screenies galore.  This is most of what's been reactivated/ported from XML1 or MUA/community stuff.

Animated Series Gambit, Training Room Gambit, Ultimate Iron Man, Doom Iron Man

Ultimate Iceman (w/beret), 90s Iceman, Gladiator Jean, Astral form Jean

Freedom Force Pyro, Classic Pryo, Gladiator Prof X, XML1 Nightcrawler (Uncanny?), Civilian Prof X

Retro Storm, Animated Series Storm, Gladiator Cyclops, AoA Psylocke

Modern Sunfire (not based on any comic), Animated Series Wolverine, Modern Wolverine

Modern Sunfire needs some fire FX a la Human Torch on his hands.  Other than that I'm satisfied with him.

June 04, 2007, 03:53PM #9 Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 03:58PM by iammingy
Nice, I like it more than the original one (Ultimate?)!

EDIT: Do you think he would look "cooler" if the logo were red instead of yellow? (Just a thought)

Good point man, I'll change that for future versions.

Current Version (not all of em' are done, but the ones on the list above are)
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=7d24a0ded4d80ffec1434148f51f51d2

thanks, cant wait to check out all the new skins
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

June 07, 2007, 01:17PM #12 Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:51PM by Teancum
Updates, updates, updates.  Here's the new additions to the pack.

Quote from: Teancum on May 31, 2007, 06:33AM
SKINS: RED are unfinished
-Wolverine: Gladiator
-Psylocke: Training
-Iron Man: Classic (not cel-shaded), Arctic, Stealth (cel-shaded version), Modular Armor (Infinite Captain from XML2 by Iammingy)
-Sunfire: Modern,Shiro
-Bishop: Xtreme X-Men
-Cyclops: Gladiator, Armored (reskin of Shock Trooper Captain from XML2)
-Scarlet Witch: w/cape
-Jean Grey: Classic (Jim Lee)
-Sabertooth: Weapon X

-Havok: Prototype (Reskin of 8501.igb -the POW Gaurd from XML2), Ultimate (BliZZ), MutantX (Xbox Classic Human Torch reskin)

No skins for Deadpool.

Check the first post for the the entire list.

Arctic Armor Iron Man