Mimic mod

Started by pdrocker31, December 16, 2010, 05:50PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it possible for someone to create a Mimic mod? he's one of my favorite characters but I'm not good with making the characters. I want to know if anyone's up to the challenge.

The user matt710 reserved a number to do one back in 2009 in the topic.

I'm still new so I have no idea, how far he could have possibly gotten, but it was at least on the table at somepoint.
I'm a writer with big goals and ambitions
Influences: Classic Literature, Horror Movies and Hanna Barbera Cartoons and wouldn't have it any other way

There was even a Mimic skin available as you can see in the thread below.  However, I lost that skin in my hard drive crash and haven't yet been able to recover it.

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,4122.0.html
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

It really wouldnt be that hard, just pick like cyclops and then read about how to swap powers then give hime others powers and the mimic skin and there you go!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on December 23, 2010, 11:19PM
It really wouldnt be that hard, just pick like cyclops and then read about how to swap powers then give hime others powers and the mimic skin and there you go!

I wish it were that easy. The problem with this is that you don't get any of the animations that go along with those powers. I wish I could just take things from one and put it on another and have the animations show up, but it just doesn't happen that way.

there has to be a way to take the animations to! But of course I dont mod so what am I talking about lol

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

There is a way. It involves knowing how to use a hex editor. I tried to do the same thing and at 8:00 I opened the hex editor at 8:02 my head exploded. I decided to leave to those who know what they're doing.

I kind of know how to hex edit, I use it all the time for Resident evil 5 to give myself millions of grenades and weapons you cant buy XD its hard tho because you need to have a hex decimal converter to know what 5 is in hex decimal lol

I figured you could take  :rogue:'s powers and work with that. I'm not good with mods so I was wondering if anyone else was up to the challenge.

Idea whis Mimic mod is really great, but it's very hard (i think) to make this. To say the truth, I can't even present, as all it will look. Probably, perfectly well!!

† Reach Heaven before the devil learns of your death †

XML2 Cyclops skeleton, Angel skeleton, and any multifunctional skeleton that contains ideal animations.

Bleh if I know how I might as well work on it. >.> Doc Oc, Hydroman and now Mimic >.>

lol you just dragged yourself into it, Dun dun dun!