Here's a pretty picture... ("Screenshots you're proud of..." thread)

Started by Noelemahc, December 23, 2006, 05:24AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Dude! Awesome!  :bowdown: Hoping we can expect a release in the not-too-distant future?

That's entirely up to Dihan.  I used a couple things from MUA2 to update an old mod of Gambit I did, and right now Dihan was working on Gambit ala MUA2 style.  I don't want to release mine and step on his toes.  Mine was more or less for personal use anyway, but maybe in the future or something.  Dihan is working on one so you can look forward to his for sure.  Mine is about 95% complete, I just have to finish a couple minor things like the loading screen and character specific items.  But I have the comic mission, sound sets, 100% working powers and effects, character skins, HUDs, etc. all done.

I'm also planning on doing custom meshes further down the line but that won't be for a long time, which is why I got the skin done now to hold over until then.  The one I did a couple years ago was just a quick reskin (and it wasn't that great to be honest, it was just a quick job on the PC model) and was never actually meant to be "released" but some how got included in the big XML2 character pack anyway.  This skin is by far much better and I may at least release that, I'm not sure yet.  Again, Dihan is working on Gambit so I will wait to see what he does.  Not that ours will be exactly the same, but it's Gambit... it won't be that vastly different either.  Time will tell.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Oh my gawd. TAS voices R D Best!

He'll be in my roster for sure. Gambit looks great in those pics, and love the way you did TAS Gambit!

Whoa! I'm not a big Gambit fan, but it's still looks awesome!

It seems everyone wants your Gambit anyway so you can release him if you want. I guess I'll drop my version. I haven't done that much anyway.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Not 100% sure I'm going to right now, so go ahead and finish yours ;)  Like I said, it was mostly for personal use.  I don't want your work going to waste.

Burning Rage's is a custom Gambit right? While Dihan's was going to be an Official MUA2 Gambit right? I would like to play with the official one, so i hope Dihan does him, and im sure others would like to play with BR's custom one, so they would like him to do his.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

From what I've seen Burning Rage's has all the MUA2 stuff and most of the XML2 stuff. Mine would only have one different power and that would be a card that sticks to the enemy and explodes after a few seconds.

Dilemma. I'd like to try out both, gambit is one of my fav x-men. Which reminds me to make the mua2 mesh XD

Well I added the rapid tap card throwing power before MUA2 came out, but the convenience of them putting it in means I now get an animation for it that fits.  Anyway, Dihan can release his.  I still got some perfecting to do on mine and not sure if/when I'll be releasing it.

Quote from: Burning Rage on September 17, 2009, 01:02PM
Well I added the rapid tap card throwing power before MUA2 came out, but the convenience of them putting it in means I now get an animation for it that fits.  Anyway, Dihan can release his.  I still got some perfecting to do on mine and not sure if/when I'll be releasing it.

I would like to try your version but if you decide to not release it, you should release at least the new voice and the TAS skin. The skin looks gorgeous and the TAS voice idea was neat.
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Gambit in XML2.  Forgot with PS2 skins they work in both games lol.  Well not really forgot, just didn't cross my mind because I hadn't played XML2 in so long.  I think it's time to finish my Hard game finally to level up everyone.

His card shuffle:

Swinging his boom stick:

Awesome. Please release him for MUA!!!! My excuse to get back to modding

Quote from: Burning Rage on September 17, 2009, 01:02PM

My point...
Quote from: Iron Fist and Deadpool on September 17, 2009, 05:41AM
Whoa! I'm not a big Gambit fan, but it's still looks awesome!
Quote from: ragincajun on September 16, 2009, 08:15PM
Dude! Awesome!  :bowdown: Hoping we can expect a release in the not-too-distant future?
Quote from: whiteking on September 17, 2009, 01:06PM
I would like to try your version but if you decide to not release it, you should release at least the new voice and the TAS skin. The skin looks gorgeous and the TAS voice idea was neat.
Quote from: marvelfan12345 on September 18, 2009, 01:51PM
Awesome. Please release him for MUA!!!! My excuse to get back to modding

... has been made.

When you're done you can release yours. I won't have much time to do a lot of modding in the next few weeks so my version is as good as dropped.