Marvel Heroes (2013 - 2017)

Started by White Queen, April 08, 2011, 04:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 09, 2013, 04:05PM #285 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:25PM by midnightphoenix123
Quote from: Me on January 09, 2013, 03:47PM
If you go to the link it shows more packs instead of just that one. :p Just didn't know if you knew that or not xD

Yeah I did haha, but thanks :) I was taking a look at some of them but didnt get a chance to look at them all yet.

I guess one of the 20 dollar packs is ok, it at least comes with two costumes. But they did say almost everything can be unlocked by just playing, so its hard to say if any of it is worth it.

Edit: Ok now that I read a little about the Ultimate pack it is pretty awesome considering you get every hero, and every costume avaliable from the start of the game, not any new ones. So that is 22 heroes and over 100 costumes. Thats pretty awesome. But like I said before I don't really have 200 bucks laying around to get that with. And honestly who knows if you will like the game you may end up spending 200 bucks on something you dont even like.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Keep in mind how several of us were excited about Marvel Superhero Squad Online at one time PLUS several of us got to participate in the beta testing.  Yet, the developers haven't updated much at all in the past year or so -- no new zones, no new card sets, etc.  Some people bought memberships, others didn't.  Think about how it would have been if we had paid $50 (or $200) for a game we weren't sure about.

I'm rambling a bit....  Guess it's my way of saying that it's too much for me to spend.  :)
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I agree Fox. I got to do the beta of Marvel super Hero squad, and I did like it but it is still a bit childish, and not updated as much nowadays like you said. I feel if we got to beta test this game it would make the choices easier because we would know if it would be worth the money or not worth the money, where now its like blind faith you spend 200 bucks hoping your gonna enjoy the game.

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Lol remember in the very begining i said their had to be some type of "catch'' to this game because it's "free to play" Lol I told you guys :P
And it probably takes a long time to unlock all those characters which is why they made the pack cause it kinda forces you to buy it

Quote from: Jeanfan321 on January 09, 2013, 10:29PM
Lol remember in the very begining i said their had to be some type of "catch'' to this game because it's "free to play" Lol I told you guys :P

Yep, you were right!

Quote from: Jeanfan321 on January 09, 2013, 10:29PM
And it probably takes a long time to unlock all those characters which is why they made the pack cause it kinda forces you to buy it

And I bet you're right about this too.

Well they do have to make money somehow. These people are working so others can have fun, ya know. lol. I was thinkin bout going ahead and spending the money (cheapest one) just so that way aI can play it when it's released. I don't care bout all the heroes, especially since their not done yet. (And Rogue hasn't been released, so i REALLY don't care. Nah, I aint selfish much lol.) I think it's a cool thing they did that. And not ALL online gmaes should let us test them before we buy it. They ALL had to be bought before trying them out once upon a time...

Although, I'm kinda dissapointed. I seen some gameplay footage (the one with Storm and they switch to Deadpool) and it looks too much like MUA, only with more custimization. And seeing how Storm moves and such in the game, yes it's nice to see her with a cape, finally, but man, it's so...kiddy lookin'. (Jus' my opinion) But I'm not ruling it out cause I play MSHSO and don't really pay attention to the graphics (plus, once I'm playin' as Rogue, I REALLY don't care bout the graphics lol. Just the gameplay.) So yeah, I'm not plannin' on spending a whole lotta money until I try it and they release Rogue. :)

January 10, 2013, 11:03AM #291 Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:06AM by Polygone
Sort of a really bad move, trying to already get money when the game isn't even launched.... This just sorta confirms all they're out for is Money,
I'll end up most likely paying for something anyway (I game like that xd) but no way it's gonna be one of these packs, seems like a waist when you can do it for free in game (even though it takes longer)

Also, seriously? An exclusive Iron man 3 armor? Am I supposed to get jealous? xD

EDIT : I did notice Emma isn't in any of the packs, meaning she'll most likely be either really cheap, or free..Jean is in there though, so she would be purcashable in game
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

It's more like they have no confidence in their product's lifespan so they want to get a lot of money quickly before people realise how much of a waste it is or that the game is going to fail quickly. It's similar to the idea behind lifetime subscriptions that some games (like Champion's Online) have done in the past.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Polygone on January 10, 2013, 11:03AM
Sort of a really bad move, trying to already get money when the game isn't even launched.... This just sorta confirms all they're out for is Money,
I'll end up most likely paying for something anyway (I game like that xd) but no way it's gonna be one of these packs, seems like a waist when you can do it for free in game (even though it takes longer)

Also, seriously? An exclusive Iron man 3 armor? Am I supposed to get jealous? xD

EDIT : I did notice Emma isn't in any of the packs, meaning she'll most likely be either really cheap, or free..Jean is in there though, so she would be purcashable in game

Yeah only 22 characters are in the packs and Emma, Luke Cage, Nova, and Squirrel Girl and the only ones not included at all.

Edit: I really like how they included Black Widow's first apperance costume from the Tales of Suspense.

Hey guys I got a chance to play the beta version due to that agreement however I can't really talk about the game or I'll get sue proably But so far 10/10

Quote from: SuperNatural-Witch on January 11, 2013, 04:18PM
Hey guys I got a chance to play the beta version due to that agreement however I can't really talk about the game or I'll get sue proably But so far 10/10

Why would you not be allowed to talk about the game, did they put that in the agreement or something?

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on January 11, 2013, 04:30PM
Why would you not be allowed to talk about the game, did they put that in the agreement or something?

Yep it goes something like, We aren't allow to talk about any kind of material we see in game

Quote from: SuperNatural-Witch on January 11, 2013, 04:44PM
Yep it goes something like, We aren't allow to talk about any kind of material we see in game

Well that sucks :/ I guess people can just look at videos on youtube and hope that the game comes out soon.

I just got in too.

On the founders pack in their FAQ they list the starter characters as Storm, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thing, and Scarlet Witch. Which you can select one of. Nova, Emma Frost, Luke Cage, and Squirrel Girl are now post-launch characters, Ultimate pack purchases will get them automatically when they are added. The thing that kinda make the packs worthwhile is that right now you can get the price of the pack in ingame cash as per their special. So, basically you purchase the pack and have the Hero as bonus. The only unique one is the ultimate which only gives you half. This is because of a limited time bargin they're going and is subject to change.

Quote from: SuperNatural-Witch on January 11, 2013, 04:18PM

Quote from: Techon 7 on January 11, 2013, 04:49PM
I just got in too.

Well, this is great news!  I'm glad that some people from our forum are finally getting to test the game.  Keep us informed with whatever you can.