Marvel Heroes (2013 - 2017)

Started by White Queen, April 08, 2011, 04:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: White Queen on July 30, 2013, 11:20AM
That's not really an option for me xD
Aww :(

I know me either, but I haven't played it all the much anyway. It's just not my kind of game :/

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on July 30, 2013, 09:46AM
Yeah you need to pay real money to get money in game to buy her.
That was the case before, but they are changing the system so that you now collect "eternity shards" in the game, and trade these in for heroes of your choice. No money required, just play the game and be patient.
Basic heroes (Black Widow, Hawkeye etc) are 200 splinters, expensive ones (IM, Spidey etc) are 400.
I got about 50 playing on the test server at the weekend, so I reckon a week or two at 2-4 hours a day would earn you a hero of your choice.

Plus they are rebalancing, introducing new content and just generally making the game a lot better than it was in Beta or at launch.
I'd urge people to try it (it IS free). It's not MUA, but it is pretty good fun.

Quote from: thetommyboy2002 on July 30, 2013, 12:47PM
That was the case before, but they are changing the system so that you now collect "eternity shards" in the game, and trade these in for heroes of your choice. No money required, just play the game and be patient.
Basic heroes (Black Widow, Hawkeye etc) are 200 splinters, expensive ones (IM, Spidey etc) are 400.
I got about 50 playing on the test server at the weekend, so I reckon a week or two at 2-4 hours a day would earn you a hero of your choice.

Plus they are rebalancing, introducing new content and just generally making the game a lot better than it was in Beta or at launch.
I'd urge people to try it (it IS free). It's not MUA, but it is pretty good fun.
Hmm, interesting.
That will hopefully make me want to play the game more, even though I suck with patience xD :P

I'm really looking forward to the eternity splinters and rebalancing that will be coming up soon. I had Black Panther drop yesterday. So far I have Storm, Scarlet Witch, Cyclops, Colossus, Jean Grey, Wolverine and Black Panther. When eternity splinters come I'll be saving them up for Emma Frost (coming around August). If I get surplus splinters they'll go towards others that I'm interested in trying out. I should also defeat Dr Doom for the first time soon, giving me a third starter hero for free.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

July 30, 2013, 02:49PM #469 Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 03:04PM by mj fan
Wow! That's a lot of heroes :D :D
I haven't finished the game yet but I won Scarlet Witch and Daredevil.. and Cable yesterday :P Storm was my first hero. But i don't mind since i bought Jean Grey before xP xD Hope they're going to do something about the costumes though cause they're reeaaally expensive! a little too much for me..
Ultimately once you have the character you want The game is pretty fun ; P

..but gotta ask...Am i the only one who think that Jean Grey's legs are pretty horrible. You can even see the comments of other characters
Don't know if you saw that Emma critisize it and her hips as well xp (bad emma, bad..) I don't know why they made her phoenix costume that way...

Had Thing drop randomly from a mob and I got Hawkeye as a reward for defeating Doctor Doom.

@ thetommyboy2002,

Are these "eternity shards" available in the main game yet?  Can anyone get access to the test server?  And if so, do you basically start over completely or is your account/characters transferable?
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

Your account has already been transfered, all accounts created before a specified date have been.
You just have to download the Test Server Client which is bigger than your normal client, I didn't want to basically download the game again cuz it takes a while.
Go to the website, there's more info there. On the main news page.

August 01, 2013, 01:34AM #473 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 01:52AM by Dihan
Quote from: fox456 on July 31, 2013, 09:30PM
@ thetommyboy2002,

Are these "eternity shards" available in the main game yet?  Can anyone get access to the test server?  And if so, do you basically start over completely or is your account/characters transferable?

They're in the game as of the latest patch, but there have been a few problems with the patch so the servers are down.

EDIT: The patch is being reverted so they won't be in until they sort out whatever was wrong.

Hmm, I like this new launcher they have :P Sucks that I have to basically redownload the entire game :(

I know what you mean, White Queen.  If I remember correctly, it took me 7 and a half hours to re-download the game with the new launcher.

I just use Steam. I didn't need to redownload anything.

Although it's taking a LONG time to gather those eternity splinters, I like it better than hero drops because you at least have a choice this way.

I downloaded and tried the game, it's good if you get a good character. For the hell of it, I watched some youtube vids to see which characters fit me best, went and bought hulk. Now I"m having a blast =P Got bored of Hawkeye (I picked him first). And the world war hulk costume dropped off Bullseye in chapter 3/4 ><'. I haven't used social features yet, but I'll take friend requests :)