Marvel Heroes (2013 - 2017)

Started by White Queen, April 08, 2011, 04:55AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 04, 2014, 07:35AM #735 Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:24PM by White Queen
Yeah also that. Originally the Phoenix Drain was supposed to receive the Boss/Elite damage bonus affix but it was given to TK Throw.
Some ppl are kinda disappointed with that, I'm not. xD (Cuz in Phoenix Form she shoots phoenixes)

Oh wow. Emma's voice line when she encounters Rogue.

"These boots cost more than the barn you were probably born in."

Badum tish.

Rogue should counter that right away with either:

"Sounds like you need a hug suga. I can give you one. A long one."

or

"Which ability do you want to lose first, the Diamond skin or the ability to understand other people and where they are coming from which you can't do naturally?"

Badum tish.

So, new patch means new but inactive content was added. For example:

Quote from: BLaw
UC__MarvelPlayer_Cyclops_AgeOfApocalypse_SF
UC__MarvelPlayer_Ironman_MacPac_SF
UC__MarvelPlayer_ScarletWitch_DarkWanda_SF
UC__MarvelPlayer_Thing_FFInverted_SF

And ofcourse the upcoming Captain Mar-Vell or whatever male enhanced skin.

Update 1.15 will be going live soon!

Features:

- Odin's Bounty Event
- Rogue
- The Cybernetics System
- Currency Tab
- Jean Grey's Level 52 Review
- She-Hulk Team-Up
- Emma Frost's Diamond Form costume visibility
- and several changes to Silver Surfer

Update size: ~3GB

Patch Notes: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/131682/marvel-heroes-2015-1-15-patch-notes

Sure is a BIG update.  The currency tab should free up a few slots (which will no doubt be filled up with something else soon!  LOL!)

After downloading the patch, I wonder if I will see a bunch of people playing Rogue and there won't be anyone to steal powers from.  :D
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I have rogue but my game is still patching. I bought the villain pack a couple of months ago, glad I did =P

So people are bitching about Jean's new review. Has anyone played her yet?

And ohhh new models to rip!

September 13, 2014, 05:06AM #741 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:27AM by mj fan
Omgg new models to rip? sounds really promising xD

hmm I am bitching but not that much! xD I played her and it is true that she is way better than she used to be, and I'm happy about the fact that she can fully use all her abilities now, she has a lot of powers x) I also love the way they made her "phoenix bar" progression with fire, and the way she can lift foes, the visible costume, the new sounds..... While some people were like "it's wonderful" during the preview and now ask less flames overall (or more...) in Phoenix Form, I didn't change my mind, I just think it is a model problem.. but again I don't think an update would ever happen like you mentioned it earlier (just like old models either) xP Dark phoenix costume is faar from being perfect but it looks great in game in my opinion with the flames behind her
Now that Rogue is out, it is really frustrating xD she is soo pretty omg! ;U

I like the fact I can finally play with Jean and not with a huge firebird! For people who liked her old form better, her Dark phoenix Form is the same. Her powers have a great rendition, that's what I can say...
My jean used to be overpowered before the 52 update in phoenix form, I couldn't be killed. She just had a few powers which has very repetitive and all... now the good thing is to keep the phoenix form active all the time as a passive ability, I like it :P
Jean grey tree without phoenix is really interesting, she is way more powerful than she used to be in the past ; ) She can be played without being saved by phoenix ^^

Her survivability seems to have gone through the floor, but it is a "feeling" for the moment. I used to have the same feeling during the storm review and now she is unstoppable....
she has other things now that give her greater survivability like a permanent shield etc... I'll have to take a look at it, but she looks very different now.

I like the diamond form for Emma, for now I have her main costume and her new Xmen one ^^
Here it is :P

Jean's Dark Phoenix power at the moment is completely worthless besides for the spirit gain. Using it means loss of DPS factor (in Phoenix Form) and it does little damage in Jean form as well. Overhaul it's either a 1 point wonder or no points at all.

She now experiences spirit issues and has less survivability than before, but I think she's way more fun to play now. Before the preview, I just stood there with Corona, Inferno, Accuracy aura and Phoenix Form toggled on. Used Mind Crush, Lethargy and then just spammed Kinetic Wave over and over until the enemies died. Got really depressing. xD

Now that her Phoenix Transformation ability has lost it's animation, I can easily switch between forms in the middle of battle. I'll be going for a Hybrid Jean, but I need the god damn Power Cosmic legendary from Moondragon, and I have no Worldstones. T_T (cuz I missed the event xD)

September 13, 2014, 06:21AM #743 Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 07:26AM by mj fan
QuoteJean's Dark Phoenix power at the moment is completely worthless besides for the spirit gain. Using it means loss of DPS factor (in Phoenix Form) and it does little damage in Jean form as well. Overhaul it's either a 1 point wonder or no points at all.

Dark Phoenix form "looks" cool, I like the idea of it but for now it is not really useful. I also noticed the game frozes for like 2 seconds when the power is activated, that's weird ;P They really wanted to give a "Marvel vs capcom" feeling with the multiple beams and all, but she definitely should be more powerful. I can almost say she is weaker than phoenix ;P

Yeah I also experience the 2s freeze when using Dark Phoenix. (or at least I did on the Test Center) xD

Talk about survivability....  My Rogue can't take a punch to save her life -- literally!  LOL

She is a lot of fun but dies so easily in X-Defense particularly.

She gets better.

I decided to go mutant-only powers for my Rogue using all three damage types. The set-up is:

Borrowed from allies:

Psylocke
Emma Frost
Gambit
Firestar
Squirrel Girl
Cable

Stolen from enemies:

Toad
Magneto
Pyro
Sabretooth
Cyclops Clone
Colossus Clone
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Right now, I'm still experimenting.  I don't seem to be getting the damage from some of the powers I stole early on (e.g., Magneto), so I think I may specialize in one damage type.  Attritions are currently the type of power that I keep maxing on.  :(

I managed to get the Power Cosmic legendary item for Rogue so I use that to get +1500 damage to each of the types.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Dihan on September 17, 2014, 02:00AM
I managed to get the Power Cosmic legendary item for Rogue so I use that to get +1500 damage to each of the types.
I hate/envy you so much right now. xD
Congrats though, Rogue will definitely benefit from that.