Cyclops [ Icons added, *BUG FIX* Last Update: January 05, 2007 ]

Started by Charlie_Murphy, December 23, 2006, 06:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 29, 2006, 01:25AM #15 Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 01:27AM by Charlie_Murphy
@ Blizz:

Before you upload that I should let you know I've been working on the following updates:

- Updated energy costs and damages. He was overpowered and energy cost too high in v1.0
- Extra beam move that pierces enemies and looks cool (I messed around with the effects files).
- I'm changing one of his boosts to a self-boost (energy absorbtion) as he has 2 very similar team boosts at the moment.
- All 4 skins are done (thanks to durfal for Astonishing, and my own Original).

It will be finished within 24 hours (hopefully less if I'm not too hung-over :p ). I would have completed it tonight but I gotta go out.

Might I suggest before you up your updated version, you replace all instances of '08' w/ '204' as I did, so users can replace anyone they want with him.

Also, before you do, one mistake with your pack: all 4 basic packages 'cyclops_0801, cyclops_0802, etc' reference the first HUD head (0801), NOT their own respective ones.

Okay, I have a question. When the mod is finished, will we have to start from scratch to use it? because I was just starting a game with Hawkeye and Ronin, so I was wondering if I should just wait to start, or if I wouldnt have to start over again for Cykes.

You can add character overwrites midgame. I've added on Cyclops, Phoenix, Venom, and Quicksilver so far onto a saved game, and they're all working pretty much fine. The only thing you would need to restart for are certain innate abilities (flight), though others work fine (web zip, super speed, resistances)

ah, okay, awesome. thanks  :)

December 30, 2006, 12:59AM #20 Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 12:52AM by Charlie_Murphy
Apologies ladies and gents. There will be a slight delay with the mod update, as I screwed something up while playing around with the visual effects of the beams.

A last minute question, what do think will make a good self-boost for cyke?

Quote from: BliZZ on December 29, 2006, 09:05AM
Might I suggest before you up your updated version, you replace all instances of '08' w/ '204' as I did, so users can replace anyone they want with him.

Good idea but users will need to make their own herostat file. The general public (ie non-modders) won't know how to do that.

Quote from: BliZZ on December 29, 2006, 09:05AM
Also, before you do, one mistake with your pack: all 4 basic packages 'cyclops_0801, cyclops_0802, etc' reference the first HUD head (0801), NOT their own respective ones.

oops. Actually I wasn't aware that I even uploaded the HUD files as I was just experimenting with the HUD thing and made 4 copies of the same file :s

Quote from: Charlie_Murphy
oops. Actually I wasn't aware that I even uploaded the HUD files as I was just experimenting with the HUD thing and made 4 copies of the same file :s

You didn't. They are still numerically referenced, however.

hmm hmm hmm... self boost for Cyclops... energy damage increase and cost decrease? is that possible? and just want to say thanks for working hard on this mod.

It should be possible. The damage increase is the easy part, and the cost decrease is just a matter of rigging the command setup so that it slides on a negative scaling, rather than a positive scaling. I'll play around with the concept tonight, possibly as part of one of the powersets I'm building and see if I can figure it out...

December 31, 2006, 09:58PM #24 Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 10:58PM by Charlie_Murphy
Quote from: spectre_lance151 on December 31, 2006, 08:53PM
hmm hmm hmm... self boost for Cyclops... energy damage increase and cost decrease? is that possible? and just want to say thanks for working hard on this mod.

Thats a good idea, unfortunately a bit late though. I gave him a boost that:

• Absorbs a percentage of Energy attacks as EP (no other characters have this so I actually had to write the code myself instead of copy/pasting - this took me a while to figure out) >:( )
  • Adds Extra energy damage to beams
  • Increased movement speed.

I also found a glitch that allows you to get infinite amount of skill points by turning auto assign on and trying to remove points. It simply adds points to a random skill. So yeah, I fixed that.

And all while being hungover from last nights new years celebration.

HAPPY NEW YEARS ppl !! :D

------------------------------------
I'm uploading the v-2.0 files now and will post the link when I come back from lunch

Watch this space

EDIT:
Version2.0 - with a few bug fixes. Still an Iceman replacement though.
http://www.box.net/public/q87mij9v76

------------------------------------

Awesomeness  ;D and just so I dont totally screw my system... what files should I backup so I can return to my prior settings before the Cyke mod, without reinstalling the game? sorry to be a pain...

You make a backup of all the files that you are replacing (ie have the same filename). That would be "herostat.engb", "0801.igb" and a whole bunch of others which I cant think of right now.

I would suggest making a folder named "backups" in each folder where you will replace files.

For example:

• Go to your installation directory, and open "data".
  • Make a folder named "backup".
  • Copy and paste "herostat.engb" into \data\backup
  • Copy "herostat.engb" from my mod into \data

So now if you want to replace the old file it is real easy. Move the files from the backup folder into the parent folder.

I hope that makes sense, I'm usually not good at explaining stuff.

Oh, nope, got it thanks. The mod works great, one thing though. His special grab move, the strong punch one, only does 4 damage... other than that and the menu graphics being made, I think you just showed how much modding potential this game really has. You have my thanks as a major Cyclops fan.

Charlie, the Cyke mod is frikkin' awesome.  Niiice job. 

I've noticed one really odd side-effect:  I had Iceman equipped with "Iceman's Shoelaces", or somesuch, that gave +3 to his Polar Explosion power.  Cyclops is still equipped with it, but now it gives +3 to ALL his powers, and +3 to all his costume attributes as well.  Kinda diff'rent, especially as I wouldn't have expected a piece of Gear to have an effect on his costumes.  Not that I'm complaining, mind ... :)

A happy and prosperous New Year to everyone here. Thanks again for your efforts!

Oh man... I just realized I lost Hawkeye and Ronin... so do I just reinstall them?