Cyclops [ Icons added, *BUG FIX* Last Update: January 05, 2007 ]

Started by Charlie_Murphy, December 23, 2006, 06:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Since each character you add has to be edited in by hand, until we come up with better software or until you learn how  to do it yourself, you will be able to use only one mod at a time. Sorry, that's just how the game is coded, man.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Oh, okay, no prob. lol just took me by surprise.

Quote from: Noelemahc on January 01, 2007, 12:15PM
Since each character you add has to be edited in by hand, until we come up with better software or until you learn how  to do it yourself, you will be able to use only one mod at a time. Sorry, that's just how the game is coded, man.

oh, so then is that why I can't get Ronin and Hawkeye to appear? I'm using the thing that gave MK and Collosus.

@fluid_static

That side effect can easily be fixed by adding Cyclops specific items in the items datafile.

I generally don't exploit such glitches/bugs when I play games. It kinda takes the fun out of it. One such glitch would be Wolverines Fury; you can continue slashing away with his first move endlessly - provided you don't let the animation end. This cuts through most bosses in seconds.

@spectre_lance151:

The herostat file of my mod doesn't have Hawkeye and Ronin in it. This can easily be fixed by putting a Cyclops entry into that file (or Hawkeye/Ronin entries in my files). I think the former would be easier than the latter. Do a search on xmlb-compiler. This is simply a matter of decompiling a file to .txt, replacing some text, and compiling the file back to .engb.

Oh okay.... mm, im completely Compiler challenged, gave it a try before and couldnt get anything to work lol. thank you though.

the +x to a certain skill thing doesn't necessarily WORK, it just looks like it does. a lot of ppl saw this because they can put items that somehow gained the previously worn gear's last ability and can put it on any character (so if they had a character-specific item, the new item that gained an ability got the +x to a power.. on another character it adds x pts to all powers and costume skills)

January 01, 2007, 08:28PM #36 Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 10:58PM by Noelemahc
Yep, I can concur, at least insofar as the costumes are concerned.  The +3 bouns to costumes appears, but doesn't actually apply (my Defense with Cyclops is still 0, despite the +3).

Spectre, if you're having problems with the compiler, post them here.  I just started decompiling/compiling myself and would be happy to give you a hand (I need help myself building the Hulk.... or Nightcrawler).

Fixed the vBcode. Don't use HTML code, mate. It doesn't work in here.
Noelemahc.

Oh okay thanks, think Ill take you up on that offer sometime.

Quoteoh, so then is that why I can't get Ronin and Hawkeye to appear? I'm using the thing that gave MK and Collosus.
Every mod released AFTER that supports those two by default. Yay. So, if you install my, or anyone else's herostat to add the PSPers -- it won't put MK and Colossus away.

Crimson Dynamo says:

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Icons coming up soon ...

Preview:

:D yay, those look great!

January 04, 2007, 11:15PM #41 Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 11:51PM by spectre_lance151
Okay, problem with the mod... I installed it, and used the included herostat. the problem is, that I cannot select Iron Man's 2nd skin, it crashes my game. I replaced the herostat with the one I had before installation, it worked fine, put in the cyke mod one, crash again. any Ideas? (Also, if its not being too needy, does someone have a herostat they can post to include the Hawkeye/Ronin mod with the Cyclops one? I am way too dumb to get the compiler working... Btw, the only other mod I have is the Colossus and MK one.

January 05, 2007, 12:25AM #42 Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 12:33AM by Charlie_Murphy
Here's a file for the power icons. Personally I think they suck as I made them myself in photoshop. But I guess its better than nothing. If anyone here is a gun with photoshop, and willing to make icons better than mine, I'll happily update the file.

copy this file into:
\Program Files\Activision\Marvel - Ultimate Alliance\textures\ui

Also I just checked, and mine also crashes when I pick Ironmans 2nd skin. I'll look into it.

EDIT: I just fixed the herostat file. Ironman works fine here:
http://www.box.net/public/rus6i0p69y

Okay... just installed the icons, look great, but they seem to be placed wrong for attacks. I have Command for Optic Slam, etc...

The icons have a nasty tendency to shift places in-game when compared to their placement in the selection menu. Somehow, this only affects customized icons (i.e. the ones we made ourselves -- for example, my icons for the PSPers are no exclusion). I guess it has something to do with the fact that the character menu just places them in order while the in-game power selector places them in accordance with the definitions in the powerstyle file. Needs research, of course, but 24 hours in a day is insufficient for me to do it meself :P

Crimson Dynamo says: