Cyclops [ Icons added, *BUG FIX* Last Update: January 05, 2007 ]

Started by Charlie_Murphy, December 23, 2006, 06:43PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, thanks. Am I supposed to see the icons on the little four sectioned display that shows up when I use a power in game? because they are all still blank...

Quote from: spectre_lance151 on January 05, 2007, 02:01AM
Okay, thanks. Am I supposed to see the icons on the little four sectioned display that shows up when I use a power in game? because they are all still blank...

Nope we haven't figured that out yet. Noelemahc explained that at the bottom of page 3.

Quote from: spectre_lance151 on January 05, 2007, 01:33AM
Okay... just installed the icons, look great, but they seem to be placed wrong for attacks. I have Command for Optic Slam, etc...

You mean the icons don't match the powers in the powers menu? Are you using the updated mod? (ie version 2.0)? If not, check the first post of this thread for the files.

The order would be wrong if you're using the first mod I made.

Quote from: Noelemahc on January 05, 2007, 01:50AMbut 24 hours in a day is insufficient for me to do it meself :P

::)

:D

Okay, thanks. Understood, and I am using 2.0. I greatly appreciate the help, and the work that is being put on this mod ;D

QuoteAm I supposed to see the icons on the little four sectioned display that shows up when I use a power in game? because they are all still blank...
As I said, they have to be manually defined in the powerstyle, and we're still not entirely clear on how EXACTLY that goes so as not to cause further confusion. I'm afraid you'll have to go on instincts for now. Sorry.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

Well, Cyc's extreme caused the whole game to slo-mo and never return when more than 1 char had one. Also, the text never came up.

Here:
http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=70ee5ec997277f83384a15445999817f

This fixes that  ;D

EDIT: Dammit, the text still doesn't come up and the chain of extremes still doesn't start when Cyc instigates it, but all is good (chain, text) when others do, as opposed to the glitchy frozen slow-moishness of the original.

I'm having fun playing around with this mod, nice work! But is there a way to make Cyke's Optic blast charge-able? (ie, hold down the power button to charge it up before firing it off). At this point I'm just getting a beam firing as soon as I press the button, no hold-and-charge.

I seem to recall it was chargeable in XML2... or am I remembering wrong?

Thanks!
Josh

Chargeable powers are a new addition to MUA. You can't remember such things from XML2 simply because there weren't any. Sorry.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

There should be a way to make it chargeable, it would just require the proper editing of the power in the talents file. Spiderwoman's Venom Blast would be a good frame of reference, as it's basically a chargeable beam itself.

QuoteChargeable powers are a new addition to MUA.

Maybe I was thinking of the old X-Men game on Sega Genesis... man, I used to love that game. :) Cyke's beam had a great sound effect as I recall...

Quoteit would just require the proper editing of the power in the talents file. Spiderwoman's Venom Blast would be a good frame of reference

Well, I played around in the talents files, but I couldn't make it work. I compared Cyke to Spider-Woman, found several instances referring to charging, and tried to replicate it for Cyke's Optic Beam, but the closest I got was him firing the beam right away but holding the charge pose – and then getting frozen in that pose. Ah well, I gave it a shot.

Greetings for the mod! its awesome!

I only have a problem, the cyclops conserves that "frigid aura" of iceman... is there any way to eliminate that?

Quote from: Kekovick on January 09, 2007, 12:01PM
Greetings for the mod! its awesome!

I only have a problem, the cyclops conserves that "frigid aura" of iceman... is there any way to eliminate that?

There's no frigid aura for me, therefore I probably won't be able to 'fix' it. Can you please post a screenshot?

Im spanish, probably my version of the game has some archives changed  :P