PSP - Gambit mod help!!

Started by KaiserBreath, June 16, 2007, 10:26PM

Previous topic - Next topic
3zazer1 will be overjoyed to finally find a mod for the PSP, and hopefully he will stop bugging the hell out of us for a PSP mod.

bump. request help on PSP's file stucture and decompiling of .fb files. Thanks

June 17, 2007, 11:16AM #18 Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:20AM by Burning Rage
You can't decompile the .fb files.  You have to edit them with a hex editor.  The .fb file is basically just a merger of all the files needed for a character.  Open up any one of those files with a hex editor to see how they are structured.  Then take notes and make one based on what you saw.

EDIT:  Being more specific, the .fb file has a 195 byte header attached to the beginning of each file in the .fb.  Look at the file structure inside the .fb file and you will eventually understand how it is put together.  I've extracted a ton of stuff out of .fb files and they are all the same structure.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

Guys, I'll send you Gambit from the Xbox mod when I get a chance.  He should (I hope) pop right into the PSP mod you're doing.  If not then we'll just replace the PC models with PS2 ones inside the FB (which I'll do) and you should be golden.

That would be awesome -

Note I am VERY new to this, but willing to learn as much as I can.  Just not very advanced at all. Just literally starting messing around with this a few days before Kaiser and I got these mods loaded on our PSP systems.

I got my hands on a hex editor, 010 editor.  And tried loading the a fb file from one of the character rar's - I believe it was the new Psylocke one and then it brought up this box where I have no clue what to do lol.  I need to read about this stuff more and how to understand the process of hex editing and such.  Any links for good tutorials or suggestions? 

If I'm understanding this right - most of the PS2 and PC character files from XML1 and XML2 will convert well with the PSP correct?  Just needs some reworking with editor to fit files in a proper place with regards to the PSP system's management of attributes and such.

Any input, suggestions, links, tutorials or files would be VERY appreciated.  Thanks in advance for the help - patience and understanding as I and Kaiser work toward understanding these processes better and helping out the marvelmods team get some new characters for the PSP community to enjoy!

Take care -

Hi. I decided to post a breakdown of PSP's structure. here goes:

assetsfb.wad --- actors ---- 00_testguy.igb
                             0002.igb

--- data ---- missions(contains missions files)
                 |
                 |---- achievements.xmlb
                       autospend.xmlb
                       boltonactoranims.xmlb
                       charinfo.xmlb
                       codex.(engb,itab,xmlb)
                       colors.xmlb
                       common_ents.(engb,itab,xmlb)
                       credits.(e,i,x)
                       credits_rev.(e,i,x)
                       ents_darkthor.xmlb
                       herostat.(e,i,x)
                       hud_coords.xmlb
                       hud_coords_ng.xmlb
                       hud_coords_rev.xmlb
                       item_ents.xmlb
                       items.(e,i,x)
                       loadpoint_list.xmlb
                       npcstat.(e,i,x)
                       online_stats_idatable.xmlb
                       review_paths.(e,i,x)
                       review_stats.xmlb
                       richpresence.xmlb
                       shared_anims.xmlb
                       shared_event_templates.xmlb
                       shared_nodes.xmlb
                       shared_nodes_combat.(e,i,x)
                       shared_powerups.xmlb
                       shared_sounds.xmlb
                       shared_talents.(e,i,x)
                       simulator.(e,i,x)
                       strings.(e,i,x)
                       strings_svs.(e,i,x)
                       styles.xmlb
                       team_bonus.(e,i,x)
                       team_prefabs.(e,i,x)
                       tips.(e,i,x)
                       trivia.(e,i,x)
                       values.xmlb
                       vv_tips.(e,i,x)
                       zoneinfo.(e,i,x)

--- effects ---- defaultquads.xmlb
                              defaultvectors.xmlb

--- movies ---- (movies files)

--- packages ---- generated ---- common_ents_assets.fb
                                              common_ents_zone.fb
                                              item_ents_assests.fb
                                              item_ents_zone.fb
                                              items.fb
                                              shared_nodes.fb

---- character ---- (characters files example:)
                                                             blade_0101.fb
                                                             blade_0101_c.fb
                                                             blade_0101_nc.fb
                                                             blade_0102.fb
                                                             blade_0102_c.fb
                                                             blade_0102_nc.fb
                                                             blade_0103.fb
                                                             blade_0103_c.fb
                                                             blade_0103_nc.fb
                                                             blade_0104.fb
                                                             blade_0104_c.fb
                                                             blade_0104_nc.fb
                                                             blade_fightstyles.fb

---- maps ---- act1 ---- (assume are maps files)
                                                  ---- act2 ----
                                                  ---- act3 ----
                                                  ---- act4 ----
                                                  ---- act5 ----
                                                  ---- act6 ----
                                                  ---- menu ---- main_back.fb
                                                  ---- package ---- combat.fb
                                                                    missions.fb
                                                                    permanent.fb
                                                                    permanent_360.fb
                                                                    permanent_fightstyles.fb
                                                                    permanent_gc.fb
                                                                    permanent_pc.fb
                                                                    permanent_ps2.fb
                                                                    permanent_ps3.fb
                                                                    permanent_psp.fb
                                                                    permanent_rev.fb
                                                                    permanent_xbox.fb
                                                                    permanentdevloper.fb
                                                                    permanentnotfinal.fb
                                                                    permanenttestfx.fb

---- menus ---- act_team_1.fb
                                                                               act_team_2.fb
                                                                               act_team_3.fb
                                                                               act_team_4.fb
                                                                               act_team_5.fb
                                                                               blank.fb
                                                                               campaign_lobby.fb
                                                                               characters_heads.fb
                                                                               characters_heads_ng.fb
                                                                               characters_heads_pc.fb
                                                                               characters_heads_psp.fb
                                                                               characters_heads_rev.fb
                                                                               credits.fb
                                                                               credits_end.fb
                                                                               credits_end_rev.fb
                                                                               credits_rev.fb
                                                                               danger_room.fb
                                                                               danger_room_summary.fb
                                                                               danger_room_summary_psp.fb
                                                                               debug.fb
                                                                               debug_psp.fb
                                                                               esrb_warning.fb
                                                                               esrb_warning_rev.fb
                                                                               game_option.fb
                                                                               game_option_psp.fb
                                                                               games_list.fb
                                                                               games_list_psp.fb
                                                                               host.fb
                                                                               host_psp.fb
                                                                               image_viewer.fb
                                                                               join.fb
                                                                               join_psp.fb
                                                                               legal_360.fb
                                                                               legal_ps2.fb
                                                                               legal-ps3.fb
                                                                               legal_psp.fb
                                                                               legal_psp_ita.fb
                                                                               legal_psp_uk.fb
                                                                               legal_rev.fb
                                                                               legal_xbox.fb
                                                                               list_view_back.fb
                                                                               live_accounts.fb
                                                                               live_connect.fb
                                                                               live_feedback.fb
                                                                               live_friends_list.fb
                                                                               live_game_type.fb
                                                                               live_join_by_id.fb
                                                                               live_optimatch.fb
                                                                               live_options.fb
                                                                               live_password.fb
                                                                               live_quickmatch.fb
                                                                               live_voice_message.fb
                                                                               loading.fb
                                                                               loading_psp.fb
                                                                               main.fb
                                                                               main_pc.fb
                                                                               main_psp.fb
                                                                               main_psp_ita.fb
                                                                               main_rev.fb
                                                                               movie.fb
                                                                               myteam.fb
                                                                               myteam_psp.fb
                                                                               nunchukandstrap.fb
                                                                               online.fb
                                                                               online_psp.fb
                                                                               options.fb
                                                                               options_360.fb
                                                                               options_controller_rev.fb
                                                                               options_ps3.fb
                                                                               options_psp.fb
                                                                               options_rev.fb
                                                                               options_xbox.fb
                                                                               pda.fb
                                                                               pda_act0.fb
                                                                               pda_act1.fb
                                                                               pda_act2.fb
                                                                               pda_act3.fb
                                                                               pda_act4.fb
                                                                               pda_act5.fb
                                                                               pda_lite.fb
                                                                               pda_psp.fb
                                                                               player_game_options.fb
                                                                               players.fb
                                                                               players_list.fb
                                                                               region.fb
                                                                               rev_gestures.fb
                                                                               rev_gestures_back.fb
                                                                               rev_taining.fb
                                                                               rev_training_back.fb
                                                                               review.fb
                                                                               review_psp.fb
                                                                               sim_survival_summary.fb
                                                                               start.fb
                                                                               start_psp.fb
                                                                               start_psp_ita.fb
                                                                               start_rev.fb
                                                                               team.fb
                                                                               team_back.fb
                                                                               team_back_psp.fb
                                                                               team_logos.fb
                                                                               team_psp.fb
                                                                               text_entry.fb
                                                                               trivia.fb
                                                                               trivia_psp.fb
                                                                               website.fb
                                                                               worldmap.fb
                                                                               worldmap_psp.fb

---- sim ---- (assume simulators files)

---- simulations --- (assume simulators files)

--- scripts ---- loadpoints ---- (looks like map files)
                         ---- menus ---- (not character files)

--- sound ---- badaudio.vag

--- textures ---- comic ---- (looks like are those graphics)
                          ---- concept ---- (concept drawings)
                          ---- fonts ---- digital.igb
                                          digitalhd.igb
                                          ng_sml.igb
                                          ng_sml_hd.igb
                                          psp_big.igb
                                          psp_med_eng.igb
                                          psp_med_ita.igb
                          ---- loading ---- (loading screens?)
                          ---- zoneshot ---- (acts extract files)
                          ---- default.igb

--- ui ---- fonts ---- (fonts?)
                    ---- models ---- logos ---- 00001-9999.igb files.

Thats all folks! Hopefully can someone tell me which files consists of a character?
Thanks!!

Update -

A main issue with the PSP version and the other formats in regards to importing characters and their attributes from XML1 and XML2 are the missing fightstyles and powerstyles folders in the MUA PSP assetsfb code.  Now this is going to be a little long and may be confusing in how I explain but be patient with me, I'm new to this modding stuff - trying my best to figure things out Tongue

So the 1st issue we're having is the powerstyles:

1.  Basically I looked through the different MUA PSP assetsfb folders tonight, opening the fb files in a hex editor and saw that in the code the powerstyles are located within packages -> generated -> characters -> individual character's c.fb files there.

For instance the powerstyles for Wolverine are in his wolverine_0301_c.fb, wolverine_0302_c.fb, wolverine_0303_c.fb and wolverine_0304_c.fb files.

Now that is one of the steps - now how to get a character's powerstyles from lets say XML2 into a new code to put in that folder is where I am stuck.  Since we're working on gambit at the moment - we need to find gambit's powerstyles in XML2 assetsfb and put them in the MUA assetsfb somehow.

I also noticed in the XML2 assetsfb file, in characters gambit has a gambit_xml.fb file, but in MUA assetsfb file none of the characters have a _xml.fb file there listed.  Could that be gambit's powerstyles in there which we need to move out and carry over to the MUA assetsfb?  That is where I am stuck on one aspect.

2.  Now the second issue we have is the fightstyles.  Looking at the MUA assetsfb file, I noticed there are individual character fightstyle files there for instance - wolverine has a wolverine_fightstyles.fb file and in the XML2 assetsfb file there is no such file in the characters corresponding line of code, but in that assetsfb file, they have a fightstyles folder but not individual characters fightstyles listed.  So either in that file, we take the fightstyle_staff.fb file and move it in to the MUA assetsfb file to be renamed with gambit_fightstyles.fb

So that is what I found out looking at a few things before I go to bed tonight.

Any input on the veteran modders here would be appreciated and your thoughts on this as well Kaiser would be great.

If any of you guys need to see the assetsfb file from the PSP, let me know - I can host it for you to see what I'm talking about for both the PSP versions of MUA and XML2.

Take care -

thats why must hex edit the .fb file, which at the moment I don't know how.

Been trying to get those files prepped for you, but the 'net is down at home so I can't upload anything.  Here's some stuff I can tell you though:

-The file structure of assetsfb.wad is essentially going to be the same on PSP, Xbox, PS2, PS3, 360 and Wii.  PC is the only version that is different from what we know.
-FB's are kindof like zip files in a way.  Where as the PC uses PKGB files which reference what files are needed for a character, the FB actually has all the files inside.
-Directly porting (in other words copying/pasting) character FBs from XML2 won't work as the way powers and melee are defined has changed somewhat.
-PC Mannequins don't work on current-gen systems (PS2, Xbox).  However, the PSP version is a newer build so odds are you might be able to use community-made PC mannequins.
-You can't use a normal model for a mannequin.  The mannequin model has to be specifically built for that purpose.  Tommyboy2002 and Burning Rage are the only ones with the tools/knowhow to do it right now.
-Though I'm not promising anything, I can try to package up any particular character you'd like to get built into a FB.  Currently I'm putting the very finishing touches on Gambit and Angel for the Xbox.  I literally just need to do two things on Gambit then I can post the files for ya'll to try.

Quote from: Teancum on June 18, 2007, 10:39AM
-The file structure of assetsfb.wad is essentially going to be the same on PSP, Xbox, PS2, PS3, 360 and Wii.  PC is the only version that is different from what we know.

Yes, this is true for the Xbox 360 assetsfb.zip, I compared it with what was posted above, and it is very similar.

Teancum -

That would be awesome to send me whatever you have to try on the PSP, Gambit, Angel or anyone.

The thing is with the PSP compared to what I've ripped on the XML2 PSP game is that the fightstyles and power styles are not in a folder like they are in XML2 - so trying to place it on the PSP assetsfb has been my issue.

Luckily this morning I did get 2 of Gambit's powermoves to actually work - the card throw and a staff attack and the only other attack I got him to do was the jumping first attack.

I'll work on it more tonight and see what I can come up with.

Editing a fb file is hard for me so far - I am trying to learn as much as I can, but not finding good tutorials for this yet - so I'm just basically trial and error with the hex editor software I have.

all those numbers and text on the right of the program make no sense to me whatsoever lol - doesn't mean I don't want to learn it though - just don't know as of now....yet :)

June 18, 2007, 06:58PM #27 Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 07:24PM by Teancum
Here's the Gambit files I used on the Xbox.  Let me know if the textures look funny or if it crashes.  We've got options.

http://www.momoshare.com/file.php?file=fef12692bceedd42b48efd2aed470ddc

This uses BliZZ's mod as a base, so the herostat entry can be found below

http://marvelmods.com/blizz/ConvertedXMLCharacters/herostatdefinitions.txt

hi. For me, game cannot be loaded and crashes when selecting gambit in new game.

K...  That tells me that it probably needs the PSP models and animations.  So what I need to to do is upload all the gambit_1301, 02, etc. FBs from XML2 and iceman_0801.fb from MUA and I'll rebuild them using PSP-specific animations and models.