PSP - colossus moonknight full working WITH sound.

Started by KaiserBreath, June 17, 2007, 02:15AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can someone help fix this nex-gen mod? I've been trying to get Ms Marvel back by meddling with the herostat.engb, but i can't get all 29 characters in the psp mua..

Quote from: Teancum on February 28, 2008, 08:03PM
K, I'll need to take a look at the files again and see what the deal is.

Give me time.  I don't even own a PSP so this is sortof a shot in the dark.

Sorry, but maybe be you can tell me what is going on with with this system. I just want to know where the problem is, like is it in the herostat? I tried changing the herostat and managed to get back Ms Marvel but not Moon Knight.

I'm not sure, that's the thing.  Everything within the resource files shows that there's enough room for all the regular characters plus Colossus and Moon Knight, but for some reason it's not reading Ms. Marvel.

If you can tell me a little more about what it does, that would help.  Obviously she doesn't appear, but when you push left on Dr. Strange does it jump straight to Moon Knight, or is there an empty slot there?

It goes to Moon Knight, is an empty slot but still selectable. But another left on Moon Knight is not accessible, like as if there is a 'wall' in between there or something.

Sorry i mean empty slot as in 'invisible slot', i think. I'm new here, so please correct my mistakes.

March 28, 2008, 07:47AM #66 Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:49AM by Teancum
So you tap left once from Dr Strange, and there's an empty slot there but the blue bar says Moon Knight?  (that's an easy fix to get his model to show)

Can you explain a bit more after that?  You tap left once while on Moon Knight, do you go anywhere, can you get to Hawkeye/Black Widow, and are there any more open slots between?

This is difficult to explain.
You are right, there is an empty slot left to doc strange but the blue bar says moon knight.
When i tap left on moon knight, i don't get anywhere, i can only access to Hawkeye\Black Widow through the RIGHT (A tap to the right from Ronin goes to Hawkeye.) and thats all, nomore open slots other than the one between MK and Black Widow.

Okay cool, that gives me a start on what I need to do.  I won't be able to fix it until next week sometime, but those bugs I can fix.  Basically there's one of two ways we can do this.  The first is that I probably assigned Ms Marvel and Moon Knight to the same character slot (one should be slot 1, one should be 25).  If that's the case it would explain why you can't go to the left of Moon Knight.  In this case I fix the herostat and add Moon Knight's mannequin model in so you see him.  Option #2 is to add a 'hidden' slot so when you push left on Hawkeye or right on Ronin you get to a 'secret' character slot (only the name at the bottom changes) and you can select Moon Knight.

Personal Notes:
-Double check to see whether Moon Knight and Ms Marvel are sharing the same Herostat slot.  It's possible one is overwriting the other.  (if so then proceed to next note / if not, goto last note)
-Insert PS2 Moon Knight mannequin into characters_heads.fb and characters_heads_psp.fb so his model will show, and edit team_back.xmlb to use both slots 25 and 1, fix all transistions.
-team_back.xmlb transitions are incorrect, Moon Knight's slot has a bad reference (to an invisible slot most likely).  Revert to original, then add an 'invisible' slot between Ronin/Hawkeye for Moon Knight.

No problem, it's what I do for fun, so I don't mind

QuoteWhen i tap left on moon knight, i don't get anywhere, i can only access to Hawkeye\Black Widow through the RIGHT (A tap to the right from Ronin goes to Hawkeye.) and thats all, nomore open slots other than the one between MK and Black Widow.
If it helps, it's kinda like the glitch we've had on the PC version while experimenting with the >27 slot herostats. Ran into it myself yesterday (I'm a lazy person with ADHD, so it's no big surprise that I only now got MUA and only several days later got the latest mod for it).

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

I'm still guessing that it's a herostat issue in the build.  I'm pretty sure that I might have assigned both Ms Marvel and Moon Knight either to slot 25 or slot 1

The herostat from the first post has Ms. Marvel at slot 25 and Moony at slot 1. And exhibits this glitch. If that helps any.

Crimson Dynamo says:
In Soviet Russia, the games mod YOU!

If anyone needs any art for icons or portraits, feel  free to ask, I'll see what I can do.

It does help, sortof.  It's one less thing I have to check.  Now I need to look at team_back.xmlb and see if I messed up the left/right transitions somewhere.  I know it's not mlm_team_back.igb.  It's actually got 29 slots, so that shouldn't be the problem.  So my guess is that I messed up in there. 

Noel, you should try running some PS2 assets on the PSP.  I may have built something wrong.  Last time I built custom PSP FBs was almost a year ago.