Professor X Mod and Emma Frost Update (Both Updated)

Started by matt710, June 21, 2007, 09:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Update on Emma Frost's Progress:

New Skins Created: 2
Seen here:  http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=572.msg12609#msg12609

New Conversation Huds Created: 5

Working on soon:

Recoloring charge on Beam
Renumbering the skins via hex editor (for diamond form to work properly)
Young Emma Skin and 3d hud (Natural Brown Hair)
  From the Ashes she will rise.

emma's new powers are awesome, now when i fight her in the dangeroom she actually puts up a good fight
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

July 02, 2007, 08:24AM #32 Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 08:26AM by Burning Rage
I'm glad my Emma Frost mod could serve as a good base.

Quote from: nodoubt_jr on July 01, 2007, 11:01PM
emma's new powers are awesome, now when i fight her in the dangeroom she actually puts up a good fight

She's not meant to be an uber powerful fighting character (outside of her Diamond Form).  She's meant for support and strategy mostly, or tanking.  Hence why most of her moves do minuscule damage (in XML1 they didn't do any), but are effective if used right.  If her fear effects affected players in the danger room, then she would rail you every time.  I can code her powers that way if you want.

Being that she can't use her powers while in Diamond Form, she turns into a heavy hitter.  The best way to play her is to spam Mind Control and Fear, then turn on the Diamond and lay down the law.
Some day, someone will best me.  But it won't be today, and it won't be you.

The artist formerly known as Burning Rage.

oh no i like the way she is, i talked about the dangeroom because i would test out all my new npc against her in teh dangeroom because her powers didnt really have an effect on them and i could test the new characters in a fight, but now with insanity plague and the psy beam she actually damages the other character.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

Sorry if I stepped on your toes there.  But I figured that if I was going to add power moves to her, I would do it in the end.  Almost like that she learns her power moves after developing as a support character. 

Quote from: matt710 on July 01, 2007, 10:02PM
Update on Emma Frost's Progress:

Working on soon:

Recoloring charge on Beam (done)
Renumbering the skins via hex editor (for diamond form to work properly)  ***The skins based on XML1 skins worked like a charm, but the two skins based on the black queen crashed the game after editing them.  I am assuming that it is because of the fact it originally had 5 digits instead of 4 as a skin number****  (all but 2 done)
Young Emma Skin and 3d hud (Natural Brown Hair) (complete by using magma's street clothing skin and redoing it)

Other things done with her:

Package files
Herostat update
Update Icons
Testing

I will release her new update soon.

Work on Professor X:

Not much, but I did update psylocke's menu portrait file so it doesn't conflict with his.  She now takes over Destiny's Portrait file to ease the problem for those like me (if any) use both in their game.

***As a side note, I also did this with Dark Phoenix (don't remember who I used) and Havok uses Moira's selection portrait.  Another huge note is not to use blink's portrait file as a base because it is too small of a file to display properly!

Emma_Frost_Update.zip:
http://files.filefront.com//;7965149;;/

Emma Frost Update by Matt710

Original Emma Frost Mod by: BurningRage
Change in Diamond Form Powerstyle and hexing 9002/9003: Nodoubt_jr
New Drag and Drop Format: Me (but teancum gave me the idea)

Basically I added 2 new abilities and 5 new skins to BurningRage's Emma Frost.
I also added 2 new icons to go with the abilities, but the others were made by BurningRage.
I also made new conversation huds for some of the skins.
Additionally I made a 3d hud for 9008

As a side note, 9004 and 9007 will be screwy with diamond form since I had problems hexing them. 
An Update will be released as soon as I figure out how to edit them so they don't crash.  These two skins included will not crash the game, but after diamond form is finished she will turn into the black queen.

Coming soon:

Load Screens/Comics Update to include the new characters
Dark Phoenix Update
Professor X Update
Havok Update

cool, i'll try it out later and see if maybe i can help with the skin number problem.  Cant wait to see the new skins.

New stuff! Thanks!!! ^^

Quote from: matt710 on July 04, 2007, 10:55PM
As a side note, 9004 and 9007 will be screwy with diamond form since I had problems hexing them. 
An Update will be released as soon as I figure out how to edit them so they don't crash.  These two skins included will not crash the game, but after diamond form is finished she will turn into the black queen.

You can try renaming only the isolated "10101"s into "9004"s in the text panel. By "isolated", I mean those that have got no other text around them, just boxes or something else.

thats what I tried but it locked up the game when you select the skins.  The problem I think is because I am changing a five digit number to a four digit.  Thanks for the help though.

Tried that one just now.  It doesn't crash the game, but does keep her in her diamond form skin after diamond form expires.  So basically once you pick diamond form she stays like that.  Thanks again though

Just to let everybody know I added Emma Frost's load screen and comics for Emma Frost and Professor X in this thread:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=710.0

There is a text file which shows the format for compiling it.  Just do a search for the characters you want (load and comic) and add them to your review_paths.engb.

Enjoy!

Hey Matt, you *MIGHT* be able to fix the 5 digit problem like this:

1-Open her up in a hex editor
2-Replace the five digit number with your new four digit, ignoring the last number for now
3-Find a byte that translates to 00 on the binary side.  Copy that byte over the last digit
4-Save and test

Thanks I'll try that.

I think I know what you mean by "Find a byte that translates to 00 on the binary side.  Copy that byte over the last digit" you mean the side with all the numbers correct?  Sorry don't know much about hexing at all.