Professor X Mod and Emma Frost Update (Both Updated)

Started by matt710, June 21, 2007, 09:14PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am only borrowing 3 power animations since I can reference menu_action for her one boost.  I am having problems with the attacks being choppy though, I have to see what is doing it.  I will be working on her sounds soon.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

i dont think it really matters if we use these skeletons over and over, unmodded characters all share the same fightstyle so that should not matter, plus like you said we are only using some of the power animations (both my Blink mod and X-23 mod use Elektra as a second fighstyle, but you can hardly tell since they only share one power animation).
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Alrighty.  Emma Frost is almost done.  Sounds and powers have been updated and skins fixed.  I want to make two more for her and she will be ready for her release.

Just so you guys know what I am working on for her, I am making the original Generation X costume.  I just have to fix the jacket, neck, and face.  I hate the black blotches all over it, but they only appear in menu and not on field.

Ok the skin didn't work since it warps the breast area and neck area.  I did, however, make Ultimate Emma Frost from the Academy of Tomorrow.  Here is a preview:

May 17, 2008, 10:26PM #80 Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 02:44PM by BaconWizard17
Emma Frost Update by Matt710

Original Emma Frost Mod by: BurningRage
Change in Diamond Form Powerstyle and hexing 9002/9003: Nodoubt_jr
Skin Contributions: Iammingy (2 plus one of mine is based off one) and Norrin Radd (1)

Thanks to BurningRage (original mod), Iammingy, Nodoubt_jr, and Norrin Radd for your contributions.

Basically I added 2 new abilities and 5 new skins to BurningRage's Emma Frost.
I also added 2 new icons to go with the abilities, but the others were made by BurningRage.
I also made new conversation huds for some of the skins.
Additionally I made a 3d hud for 9008

As a side note, 9004 and 9007 will be screwy with diamond form since I had problems hexing them. 
An Update will be released as soon as I figure out how to edit them so they don't crash.  These two
skins included will not crash the game, but after diamond form is finished she will turn into the
black queen.

Update 05-2008

I added all ps2 skins and sounds to the mod. All of her skins are new to this version except 9002. 
I also renamed her xtreme boost and added mental immunity to diamond form. 

The skins are:

9001 - XML2 skin
9002 - Spacesuit Emma (XML1)
9003 - XML1 Alteration (by iammingy)
9004 - White Queen (by iammingy)
9005 - Naughty Emma (by me: just took off some clothing from iammingy's skin)
9006 - Generation X (by Norrin Radd)
9007 - Modern Emma (by me)
9008 - Young Emma (by me) **New skin based off of 3701**
9009 - Ultitmate Emma (by me)

Just drag the folders to the XML2 folder and drop.  For the characterheads package and herostats engb,
text files have been provided for you to compile into your game's files.  Please note that you should
back up anything before writing over it!!!!  I am not responsible for anything that may happen once you
add this, it is your own choice to install.  There are no problems found that would hurt the program or
computer when I tested it, so there shouldn't be any problems on your version.

Link (1 skeleton version): http://www.mediafire.com/?ua0mnsyx8km
Link (2 skeleton version): http://www.mediafire.com/?duzmyy4hf1y

ADMIN NOTE: the 1 skeleton version is much more stable than the 2 skeleton version. It's recommended that you use the 1 skeleton version.

By the way.  The mod works better with the XML2 sound update by nodoubt_jr since it adds all the other sounds my update doesn't.

Ultimate Emma Frost

I just loved this skin and it's not in the pack: is it gonna be released?

Quote from: matt710 on May 15, 2008, 05:23AM
Just so you guys know what I am working on for her, I am making the original Generation X costume.  I just have to fix the jacket, neck, and face.  I hate the black blotches all over it, but they only appear in menu and not on field.

There were a lot of problems with it, that you can't see in the pic too well.  Her neck is weird since Polaris wears armor around it.  Also there is a problem with her jacket unless it is worn open like that.  That is why I never released it.  Maybe when I get more time to investigate and alter I can go back to it.

i was just wondering if you put all of the invisible woman's animations with emma. because i wanted to use her kinetic surge animation and needed to know the ea_power number for her powerstyles

Here is an update that should fix all the problems, or at least the severe ones.  The one thing nodoubt_jr told me is that you have to have the fourth character as a character that uses one of the original xml2 fightstyles (So any original XML2 character or Dark Phoenix will work in that spot.  There may be more characters you may uses.)  Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?duzmyy4hf1y

Note:  I added a new skin (the one that I never released). It is not in the herostats, so if you want it, you must replace one of the other skins.  I am not too fond of it, but I had a few requests to release it so I will.

i have one porblem with your mod
One of her hit combo does not do anything?

which one?  I think you may be refering to popup, which if it is is fixed in the Polaris Download (she uses the same fightstyle).

it still the same and now when i try Polaris and Emma together the game crashes please help me BTW you did a shocking job with Polaris wow how did you get the voice sound really good and the new effects look perfect.

It the combo where they do alittle something like a little cyclops blast, i remeber she had (burningRage version) the same thing as jean and which seems like a mental attack.

matt, for the fightstyle attack "attackknockback2" you use the anim "ea_attack_knockback2", that is not an animation name xml2 understands, check out shared_anims.xmlb.  For the mua conversions i usually changed the name to power_16 or power_17, i already changed all the non working anim names in the MUA conversion fightstyles, you might want to use those to save yourself the trouble of having to redo all the naming.

also for Mystiques "attackstun2", you used "ea_attack_stun", it should be ea_attack_stun1, 2 or 3. also her "attackknockback2" has the same issue as emma.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it