New XML2 NPC

Started by nodoubt_jr, July 02, 2007, 07:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Nice! Hey nodoubt_jr how did you made mutiple man copys have different skins, could you please show me? Also I had a little question, in some levels theres a character that will help you out for example pyro, right before you go fight abyss, anyway my question is is it possible to maybe have a way for a fith character to be following you and and helping you out?

July 27, 2007, 09:03PM #151 Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 09:06PM by nodoubt_jr
ok for multiple man to have multiple skins, you have to have him springing up many multiples at the same time, like this from his powerstyle

trigger {
      character = madrox ;
      copy_counter = true ;
      name = spawn_actor ;
      skin = 15202 ;
      startnode = divide_end ;
      tag = 1 ;
      time = 0.3 ;
      }

the skin part defines what the dupe custome is, so you can pick whatever you want.  If you want many just copy that, change the skin number and the tag number so it knows its a completely different dupe.  so you would do like this changing the skin number and the tag number as it goes.  I had 15 in one, so all at once he would duplicate fifteen of himself.  Also if you want a limit of lets say 15 dupes and the original, you would add to each entry limit = 16.

trigger {
      character = madrox ;
      copy_counter = true ;
      name = spawn_actor ;
      skin = 15202 ;
      startnode = divide_end ;
      tag = 1 ;
      time = 0.3 ;
      }

trigger {
      character = madrox ;
      copy_counter = true ;
      name = spawn_actor ;
      skin = 0101 ;
      startnode = divide_end ;
      tag = 2 ;
      time = 0.3 ;
      }

trigger {
      character = madrox ;
      copy_counter = true ;
      name = spawn_actor ;
      skin = 0201 ;
      startnode = divide_end ;
      tag = 3 ;
      time = 0.3 ;
      }

and to have a character follow you around you have to set it up in script and in maps and stuff like that, heres pyro script that is used to have him follow you around (turns out Avalanche was suppose to have that part)

# Generated by BehavEd
# ( "makes Pyro (formerly Avalanche) fight alongside you" )
heroNoTarget("FALSE" )
enemiesNoTarget("FALSE" )
lockControls(0.100 )
setallaiactive("TRUE" )
setGameFlag("prisoners", 2, 1 )
objective ( "act1_avalanche",  "EOBJCMD_COMPLETE" )
setAIActive("avalanche", "TRUE" )
beATeamPlayer("avalanche", "TRUE" )
setEngageEnemy("avalanche", "TRUE" )
setCanMove("avalanche", "TRUE" )
setGameFlag("prisoners", 2, 1 )
act("ss_energydemon_b04", "ss_energydemon_b04" )
act("ss_energydemon_b05", "ss_energydemon_b05" )
act("ss_energydemon_b06", "ss_energydemon_b06" )
act("ss_energydemon_b11", "ss_energydemon_b11" )
act("ss_energydemon_b_leader01", "ss_energydemon_b_leader01" )

edit: look at selenes powerstyle to see how to set up differnt dupes at the same time and how her dupes have differnt customes on.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

thank you, And very intersting, I'm astart fooling around with stuff like this maybe I could discover something.

i think the main thing that gets them to fight on your team is the "beATeamPlayer("avalanche", "TRUE" )" line
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

i dont know

Meet my new favorite character Mutiple Man. I'm a try using both to setup all the x-men characters to fight together that would be sweet! :) 

Quote from: ramen on July 27, 2007, 09:33PM
Meet my new favorite character Mutiple Man. I'm a try using both to setup all the x-men characters to fight together that would be sweet! :) 

You should definately post the picture if you get this to work! :thumbsup:

Having all does characters was not as fun as I thought, and for some wierd reason nightcrawler kept dieing and coming back.

just wanted to mention to those Quicksilver fans and those that downloaded the NPC, that once im done with my current project, i will be getting to work on a Quicksilver mod.  He will be based on the npc, but with added powers and xtremes. Im pretty much have him planned out, just need to finish up my current project, than i'll get started (although it make take longer than my other mods, as i am going on vacation next month). Im pretty sure i figured out a way to keep him in constant fast movement.  Cant wait :)!

yep i got some nice ideas for quicksilver, but he will have to wait until october that is when i come back from my vacations

The Selene link doesnt work please help

Does somebody have a copy of the selene mod? you can email it to me at baburkett17@yahoo.com

Quote from: dark phoenix 99 on March 07, 2011, 04:18PM
Does somebody have a copy of the selene mod? you can email it to me at baburkett17@yahoo.com

Its not a mod, its an NPC (non playable character). And i no longer have the package on my pc.