New XML2 NPC

Started by nodoubt_jr, July 02, 2007, 07:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Everything looks good.  A suggestion: For quicksilver I know there is a mod for him in MUA under the Avengers pack.  Maybe you can get some ideas from that.  Also you can always use the move that apocolypse steals from him.
  From the Ashes she will rise.

thanks i forgot about that mod.  So far for Quicksilver i only had two ideas the power Apocalypse steals and maybe something like Cable or Iceman's slowing down of people around them, he would be moving at normal speed while everyone around him would be superslow.

Selene - shrinking victims, teleporting which we see in game, maybe spawning a witches coven, lifeforce draining

Blink - XML1 Nigthcrawler

Vindicator - some fire moves, i think that was her power when Alpha Flight was relauched the second time

so far those are one's ive sorta planned out.  the rest i dont know.
Please search the forum before asking a question. I dont answer
PMs about modding, those questions should be posted in a public thread.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0
My mods are mine to booster/update, I will not give anybody permission to do it

Maybe modifying Dark Phoenix's Space Warp Inferno for Selene might work?

that might be good, just teleporting seems like a waste of a power. thanks for the idea.
What im currently working on: http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2275.0

I just looked up Seline on MarvelDatabase and you can play with her alot.

Life-Force Absorption: by psionically draining the life forces of other human beings into herself, by physical touch. If she drained a person's entire life force from him or her, the victim dies and the victim's body crumbles into dust. It is unknown how often Selene must drain life force from another human in order to survive. It is known, that great expenditure of power causes Selene to age, but she can rejuvenate herself by absorbing more life force. Selene will not age as long as she maintains her supply of absorbed life force. (Dark Phoenix has Absorbtion)
       Psychic Vampire: If Selene drains only part of a victims life force, Selene achieves a measure of psychic control over her victim's mind. Through unknown means, Selene can cause a human being to become a psychic vampire like herself, but be subordinate to Selene's own will.
(Possible side effect to the drain)

Physical Enhancement: Selene has physical strength, stamina, speed, and reaction time that are all several times greater than those of a normal woman.

Superhuman Strength
Superhuman Endurance
Superhuman Reflexes
Superhuman Speed: ability to momentarily move at speeds rivaling those of Quicksilver. (Stolen power of Quicksilver)

Shadow-Morphing: allowing her to dematerialize or use solid tendrills of darkness to manipulate objects

Telekinesis: her telekinetic abilities gives her complete psionic control over inanimate objects. (Jean Grey's Move)

Telekinetic Animation: can cause inanimate objects to move according to her will by projecting part of her absorbed life force into them.

Inanimate Disintegration: She can cause inanimate objects in her presence to disintegrate. She cannot, however, rearrange the atomic or molecular structure of matter. (Scarlet Witch Combustion)

Pyrokinesis: could psionically generate and project intense heat and flame from and around her body or direct it at certain distances. The exact radius remains unknown. She was also able to manipulate flame created from other sources and could magnify their intensity or snuff them. The flames Selene generated could also be illusory in effect; for example, she could focus the power on an object making it appear to be on fire while it was not being damaged by the flames at all.
(We got lots of fire moves in XML1, XML2, and MUA)

Selene instinctively created a psionic force field about her entire body that protected her from the effects of the heat and flame she created and from other sources as well

Telepathy: capable of displaying various psionic feats with the minds of others including reading and communicating with thoughts over vast distances. (Boosts from our psychics)

Psi-Screen: possesses a psychic mental shield to protect her from psychic attacks. (again)

Mental Bolts: can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but which can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness. (professor x's move)

Hypnotic Trance: can induce a momentary hypnotic trance state in people around her. Often used along with her speed to create the illusion of teleportation. (Dark Phoenix's Space Warp Inferno)

Immortal: her aging process is greatly retarded and she can apparently regenerate injured or missing cells from even near-fatal injuries.

Rapid Healing: ability to endure injuries (within unknown limits) without lasting harm or even feeling pain such as knife wounds. (We got that on a few characters)

Sorcery: possesses considerable magical abilities, having gained a great deal of mystical knowledge over the millennia. The number of magical effects that she can create has yet to be catalogued  (Scarlette Witch and Enchantress)

Wow that is long!  Hope you don't mind.  I wouldn't mind looking up other charcters for you to give you some ideas.

PS.  I was planning on replacing the homing beacons with battles.  One was Goblin Queen.  Another was Dark Phoenix.  And another was the Hell Fire Club.  What do you think?  Do you think it is even possible?

no i dont mind. lol at first i was happy that npc in the dangeroom only had 4 active powers, but now im sad cause i want ot give them more powers.  Oh well i'll guess i can add more powers when i make them fully playable characters.  Dazzler is going to be hard, i dont want to make her too much like Jubilee.

that homing beacon idea sounds cool, kind of like the psp version had extra flashback missions.  But i have no idea how that would go, i can barely make these charcters, lol.  Good luck.

But if we make them into bosses we can add more than 4 right?  So with those extra abilities you don't need to make them playable but can make them powerful bosses.  Maybe we both can do something with this homing beacon/flashback thingy if you are interested. 

yep i was going to mention that, only four show up in the dangerroom but they can have more (hell Pyro XML1 had eight), so if we wanted to make them powerful and give them more than four power it can be done. They would all be playable, but they could attack us with all of them.

Sure i'll help with the homing beacon thing.

Back to these characters.  Shaw will be difficult.  He absorbs kinetic energy, which is like a boost.  But as far as physical powers maybe a few bruiser mylees and he also has enhanced speed (boost).  He constantly grows in strenghth.  

Kitty will be near impossible with phasing.  However she has excellent martial arts skills and had trained with wolverine I believe.  (Use Electra (MUA) and wolverine as a base)

Thanks this looks as if it would be great.  I will research what would have to be done.  Maybe one of the expert modders might know.  I will also float around MUA's knowledge board.

Phasing might happen, theres a script for the prof x room in act 5 for phasing in and out random objects, that might give us a way of making her phase in game.  Other than that, yeah some ninja powers. Electra could be good, i just need her xbox stuff.  I'll go looking for that stuff so i dont have to bother anyone.

Wow I never thought phasing was possible.

Dazzler you wanted different from Jubilee.  So lets see.

Powers and Abilities
Powers
Sound Conversion: ability to transduce sonic vibrations, which reach her body into various types of light. This ability seems to operate over a great range of frequencies, including the audible spectrum (35 to 16,500 cycles per second), and a great variation of sound pressure levels regardless of the complexity, dissonance, or randomness of the sound. For example, a car crash and a symphonic passage of equal duration will both produce usable music incoming acoustic vibrations. Dazzler, however, does prefer the sound of music, particularly that which is rhythmically sustained. Not only is music more pleasant to her ears, but the steady beat of popular music provides a more constant source of sound to convert. The Dazzler's potential to convert sound to light is unlimited. She cannot use any sound produced by her own body unless it is amplified, such as singing into a microphone and absorbing the sound from speakers. (Maybe those waves from magneto or your havok and polaris can mimic sound waves being amplified)

Sound Release: ability to release the absorbed sound in one burst. (Recolor mental dart and professor x's p5_charge (from my mod).  Use her earth punch as animation)

Photokinesis: Dazzler possesses a body-wide energy field that controls the energy levels of the outer electron shells of her body in such a way as to cause the cascaded release of photons. In effect, this field is lasing, with the apparent efficiency of a laser (99.9%). The released energy is far greater than the incoming kinetic energy and therefore must involve an outside energy source, the nature of which is unguessable. Left undirected, the Dazzler's light will radiate from her body in all directions, producing regular flashes of white light (white light is a mixture of all portions of the visible spectrum). By conscious control over the light she produces, she can control its direction, frequency (color), amplitude (intensity), and duration. Apparently the Dazzler must consciously or subconsciously will the light to leave her body. Otherwise, light would "leak" from her at all times, even when she is asleep or unconscious. She can produce numerous effects with the light she converts from sonic vibrations. She can simply cause a bright glow all about her body. She can create very simple patterns out of rays of light like circles, squares, triangles, and stars. She can create a pulse of light on the order of several thousand watts seconds of power, which temporarily blinds people with its brilliance. She can create a chaotic cascade of sparkling lights and colors that severely upsets other people's equilibrium, or a pulsating strobe-light effect. She has learned to manifest her light as:

Lasers: By concentrating, the Dazzler can generate a coherent beam of light, approximating a laser beam, with which she can cut through virtually anything. The field thus operates in a similar fashion as the process that creates a laser (Laser Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation) and apparently has the same efficiency as a laser (99.9 percent). The released energy is far greater than the incoming kinetic energy and therefore must involve another, unknown energy source as well. (Iron Man has some.)

Photon Blasts (Ms. Marvel's Prism Beam)

Illumination
Blinding Strobes (debuff)

Dazzle: ability to generate light which can confuse, blind, calm or hypnotize her targets (debuff)

Holograms: with effort, she can even create holograms of human beings and other three-dimensional beings and objects.
Hard Light Projections: ability to create holograms of human beings and other three-dimensional beings and objects, though she warps hard light around these creations making them tangible.

Rocket Flight: ability to fly in a straight line by directing her blasts beneath her (a slide like magma and iceman)

Protective Forcefield: ability to create a protective force field about herself with laser light that can deflect or vaporize oncoming projectiles. (Boost, Ms. Marvel has something like it)

Light Mist: A glowing or hazy almost foglike effect that obscures the surrounding area
Light Immunity: her body, especially her eyes, shields itself against any injurious effects of her light transducing abilities, and against those of bright lights in general

Sound Immunity: her ability to transduce sound also protects her from being deafened by loud noises.

Ms Marvel seems to be a good base, thanks for the help.  the slide sounds really good, also the blinding light that confuses.

Banshee, he is another tricky one.  His screams could be mimicked the same way I said dazzler's amplification was.  His sonic shield could be a boost.  And Vocal Disorientation and Vocal Trance could be a special moves like the white queen with the sonar like effects.

Sonic Scream: ability to shatter solid objects with a sonic scream
Flight: ability to fly at subsonic speeds by using his voice to propel him through the air.
Sonar: can use his sonic powers as a form of sonar (Sound Navigation and Ranging). By sending out a precise, pure note and listening to the returning, altered wavefront of the note, he can evaluate his surroundings in total darkness with varying degrees of resolution.
Sonic Shield: can tighten sound waves around himself or others near him, making a barrier against outside attack.
Vocal Disorientation: ability to change someone's balance, by affecting their equilibrium using his sonic scream
Vocal Trance: ability to subtly influence people's subconscious mind by changing the tones and vibrations of his voice using sonics
Vocal Unconsciousness: ability to affect the fluid in someone's ear causing the person to go unconscious.
Sound Immunity: Banshee's hearing and equilibrium are unaffected by his power or other similar abilities.
Superhuman Vocal Stamina: possesses superhuman stamina in his lungs, throat, and vocal cords