Hulk version 1.0

Started by Teancum, July 03, 2007, 10:53AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Smart Hulk (aka The Professor) has a more man-like face, the hair looks combed and his clothes usually aren't ripped. The DLC had Planet Hulk, but I think The Professor would actually look better.

Anyway, the mod looks pretty cool so far, and I'll try it as soon as I find my copy of MUA, since it is temporally unistalled.

July 03, 2007, 10:19PM #16 Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 06:00PM by cvc
Nooo not smart Hulk, HULK SMASH!!

Then... "Smart Hulk "DRASTICALLY-CHANGE-THE-SHAPE-AND-MAIM-THE-HEALTH-OF-RANDOM-OBJECTS-AND-BYSTANDERS!!!"?
"Smart Hulk CHECKMATES!!!"?
"Smart Hulk CLEAR PUNY EQUATIONS!!!"?
"Smart(-ass) Hulk CRITIZICE!!!"?
;)
[/quote]

Maybe CHEEZE and fine WINE!!! :chuckle:
Then HULK SMASH!! ;)
And their turning us into Monsters its all designed!!

July 04, 2007, 06:45AM #18 Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 03:06PM by boreman
Quote from: cvc on July 03, 2007, 10:19PM
Nooo not smart Hulk, HULK SMASH!!

Then... "Smart Hulk "DRASTICALLY-CHANGE-THE-SHAPE-AND-MAIM-THE-HEALTH-OF-RANDOM-OBJECTS-AND-BYSTANDERS!!!"?
"Smart Hulk CHECKMATES!!!"?
"Smart Hulk CLEAR PUNY EQUATIONS!!!"?
"Smart(-ass) Hulk CRITIZICE!!!"?
;)

EDIT: Time for some constructive posting. I gave Hulk 'giant1_m' as his sound folder in the herostat, and it DOES launch his Hulk announcer and selection screen taunt. Don't know if this was already noticed or even added in this mod, since Megaupload doesn't let me download yet (I'm using tommy's Hulk). Or perhaps it doesn't have anything to do with the sounddir and I'm wrong, who knows.

Are you filling in the 3 letters in the text box on the right before clicking download?

It's the server availability that is giving me trouble, at least for the slots assigned to Peru and yadda-yadda. It really sucks. On another note, I gave the AvengersMod Hulk the Thing's powerset, but it just doesn't seem right, I'll wait to download yours.

Quote from: boreman on July 03, 2007, 09:39PM
Smart Hulk (aka The Professor) has a more man-like face, the hair looks combed and his clothes usually aren't ripped. The DLC had Planet Hulk, but I think The Professor would actually look better.

I'll add my two cents that probably the most iconic Merged Hulk getup is the brown suit where the shirt wouldn't fit all the way around his chest:

http://www.incrediblehulk.com/professor5.gif

I'll see what I can do about that.  It'd be cool do do him since the Prof wasn't a skin on the 360 Hulk.

Quote from: boreman on July 03, 2007, 08:31PM
Also, how much more people think Hulk needs the Hand-Clap? I was hoping to find it here, since it was out of the DLC. He just pwns whoever he wants with that move.

After some more exposure to Hulk in other games/comics, I decided to put the hand clap in.  So here's what you'll see in the next (and hopefully final) update:

-Hulk Jump will now be Hulk Clap.  Essentially all you'll see here is an animation change
-Hulk Crush will now be a radial power, complete with the 'wave' that comes with most radial powers
-Joe Fixit will be gray
-PC versions of the portraits will be included.

Hello, I don't know what I did wrong, but I can't get hulk to do anything except walk or jump. No attacks, no powers no nothing. And the skins don't work either. I know its probably something I did since I'm pretty new at this. I followed the "add new characters"  instruccions. I also noticed there are is no fight style folder on the file i downloaded.

Yeah, I noticed that hulk has no powers too. I can get him to punch and grab but he has none of the powers that the author says he has.

It works OK for me, have you checked that your herostat and all the files are named correctly?

Well, I will just tell you what I did. I extracted the Hulk mod onto my desktop. I highlighted and cut the actors, effects, textures, data, hud and simulator folders and pasted them overwriting the folders in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance folder. I took the hulk herostat_entry and copied the contents and overwrote luke cage's spot in the herostat that I decompiled with XMLBCUI. I then compiled the herostat back into herostat.engb. I also switched out the Hulk mod skins with the ones tommyboy made. Everything works except that hulk has no powers, when I select the power tab it is blank. I can use two of his powers by default but the rest are unavailable. Explain to me how you installed the Hulk mod and maybe I can see if I did something wrong.

if the power tab is blank, it sounds like this could be a /powerstyles issue. If you don't copy the files from the powerstyles directory correctly, i believe you will get the problem where no powers show up in the power tab.