Champions Online

Started by Scabbia, September 01, 2011, 02:10PM

Previous topic - Next topic
im downloading the files right now :)

I'll defenetly give City of Heroes a try when it becomes free! maybe it will be even better than Champions Online... Well, i guess that i'll find that out later, although i gotta say, you guys be careful with the costumes and bios you make, i already got reported for having Jean as a character (i changed her a lot and never got in trouble again). But don't worry, a good friend there gave me an advice, make the Marvel Gear that you want BUT DON'T use it at Millenium City, many admins are there, use it in places like The Desert, Canada, etc. AND in MC, wear Street Clothes, i made Jean's street clothes like her Wolverine & The X-Men outfit, but it's absolutly NOT copyrighted.

Yeah I just found that out not to long ago. I'm waiting to see if I'll be reported, then I'll be changing her to someone else. Actually, from what I read about all them violations, I could get reported for Gredin too. I'm pretty sure thats a name of both a band and character... From what I seen on Google lol. Its hard not to take a name from a copyrighted character. Theres too many out there.

Well ever since i was young i've always had these custom characters.There actually all based of Heroes,X-Men, and F4.

One of them is Alex and has the same exact powers as Jean.So i created her today and she was fun i love her ego projectile mind power.Really effective.So for now i love this game.I wanted to create a Storm like character but i have to buy something??

EDIT:Also her powers are pink how do i turn them blue?

Here are a few of my favourite City of Heroes characters:

Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Quote from: Jeanfan321 on September 02, 2011, 06:16PM
Well ever since i was young i've always had these custom characters.There actually all based of Heroes,X-Men, and F4.

One of them is Alex and has the same exact powers as Jean.So i created her today and she was fun i love her ego projectile mind power.Really effective.So for now i love this game.I wanted to create a Storm like character but i have to buy something??

EDIT:Also her powers are pink how do i turn them blue?
The only way that you'll be able to turn them blue, is by becoming a Gold member, you know, paying a subscription

Quote from: JeanGrey777 on September 02, 2011, 07:46PM
The only way that you'll be able to turn them blue, is by becoming a Gold member, you know, paying a subscription
ooh darn it oh well there not even all the way pink more like a distortion

Well, they look a bit like XML1 Jean, but i don't really care lol, She's so good with the Mind Archetype!

The colors are more of a faded pink, slightly clear.

Quote from: midnightphoenix123 on September 02, 2011, 04:24PM
I never new there was a rule about not making costumes of the characters. I think costumes dont matter, its the names they dont want. Although in Coh I dont see many characters based off of Marvel characters excpet for like all mine of course! XD And a few others you see randomly

Yep, but its pretty much not possible to give your character the exact name, since it always says ''contains restricted words'', so instead of Dark Phoenix, I named her Dark Phoenixx, xD Its not the same name ;)

And well, I just call my Jean tymaca, but thats casual me :P, I had a custom character aswell, her name was Lady Mind, she was based off Psylocke (Purple all the way ;) ),  but I made her like a midget (no offense to tiny people!) I did raise her up to lvl 9 though, since she was pretty cool, but deleted her for my Dark Phoenix fanboyism (thats right, I dont like Jean, I like Dark Phoenix :) , I made a Jean character though :P, but its almost unavoidable because she's PERFECT to recreate :)

About the Telephatic stuff, I agree with JeanGrey777, they kinda look like XML1 Jean,

Its kinda funny though, My jean has the mind archetype and dies all the time (only till the sewer quest, she lost all her stars, although I couldnt care less for the stars, since I dunno what they do :P ), Dark Phoenix however (inferno archetype) only died twice :)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Quote from: Dihan on September 02, 2011, 06:29PM
Here are a few of my favourite City of Heroes characters:

These all look really good! I would post mine but Im not on my CoH computer. But like I said they look great!

MY SKINS                                                                                               MY MODS

September 03, 2011, 07:18AM #41 Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 07:20AM by Polygone
Yep when its free I defnitly give it a try :), it looks good

Its just that my mom pays my game subcripsions (currently I got no supcripsions, however with the coming of Super hero squad online in Europe, Ill have one ;) ) So I cant really play COH :P

Its looks great though!

So I kinda checked it out and its like 10 euro's a month xD, thats all the money I get each month xD So I'll have to wait till its free ;)
My Release topic : http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8934.0.html

Newest Release : Raven

Does anyone know wether CoH will only have limited stuff for free like Champions?

Well they're not going to give everything away for free. You'll be able to play the basics for free and purchasing stuff from the store will end up upgrading your account from Free to Premium, this means that every month you get a reward token which unlocks more aspects of the game that VIP players get as part of paying the subscription.
Please do not contact me for any help in modding-related matters.
It is likely that you'll find what you need by searching the forum.

Ok. Sounds like Guild Wars. Either way, I'll try it. I wanted it when it first came out, but didn't have the money to pay monthly.

As bad as I want to get some Cryptic coins or whatever to have more power choices and stuff, I've decided not to. I'm in the process of redoing our bathroom and kitchen, so can't really afford it at the moment...  Although I want that freakin' fire flying effect bad lol