Marvel Mods Team Tournament!! 10-26-11

Started by Jeanfan321, September 27, 2011, 07:02PM

Previous topic - Next topic
anyone want to start this again with a diffrent Roster?

Maybe we could think of a new tournament with different rules or something.
Use this poll to tell everyone where you are from:

http://marvelmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3929.msg73927.html#msg73927

I'm with fox I would like to start again now that my MUA is updated with new mods, boosters and more stuff lol :)
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

November 21, 2011, 09:40PM #63 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:43PM by fox456
Thought I would brainstorm some ideas for a new tournament:

1.  Each person who is going to participate nominates one character (not a specific skin or booster) to be in the game.

2.  Each player then creates a new game with a roster consisting of all and only those characters nominated.

3.  As you play the game, you must have 2 (no more, no less) characters on your team.  If one dies, then you must retreat or portal back to headquarters.  If retreating or portaling is not possible, then the player can fight or move ahead.  But, as soon as possible, he must return to headquarters to pick up a second character.

4.  Once a character has died, the player can NEVER use that character again.  So, if one character dies and then the second one dies before the player can return to headquarters, both of those characters can NEVER be used again.  Replaying from a checkpoint is not allowed.

5.  If the player ever gets down to only one remaining character, he is out of the tournament.

6.  First person to complete the game (or make it the farthest) is the winner.

Those are some ideas.  What ideas do you guys have that will make this a good tournament that players would enjoy?

OK so... how many characters will be on the final list of characters that were nominated by us? and when we have that "final" list we can pick 2 characters from there right? it doesn't matter if someone else is using the same character?

Then we have our couple on the game, if one of them dies, we return to headquarters and pick another character from the list, and the dead character can't be used again right?

I'm confused by this:

"5.  If the player ever gets down to only one remaining character, he is out of the tournament."

It wouldn't be easier if I say I want, for example, Cyclops and Emma Frost on my team, so everyone can use the characters that they like most, instead of use only those who were "selected"? because if that's the case, why don't use only the original characters from the game?

Oh well, my point is that I want to play with Cyclops and Emma xDD
Phoenix Force: No. He loves Emma Frost.  He loves me.
Jean Grey: He wants her. Not you. Not US. And now it's time... to leave this behind.
Phoenix Endsong #5

Quote from: whiteking on November 21, 2011, 10:22PM
OK so... how many characters will be on the final list of characters that were nominated by us?

The number would be equal to the number of players we get (up to 27!)  If necessary, we could each nominate two characters, ranking them our Number 1 Choice and our Number 2 Choice.  Then, if we don't need our Number 2 choices, we won't use them in the final roster.

and when we have that "final" list we can pick 2 characters from there right?

Yes

it doesn't matter if someone else is using the same character?

Correct

Then we have our couple on the game, if one of them dies, we return to headquarters and pick another character from the list, and the dead character can't be used again right?

Correct again.

I'm confused by this:

"5.  If the player ever gets down to only one remaining character, he is out of the tournament."

It wouldn't be easier if I say I want, for example, Cyclops and Emma Frost on my team, so everyone can use the characters that they like most, instead of use only those who were "selected"? because if that's the case, why don't use only the original characters from the game?

Let's say we end up with 7 characters in our total roster.  I you end up killing off six of them, you are out of the tournament because you cannot continue with only one character.

Oh well, my point is that I want to play with Cyclops and Emma xDD

The way the tournament is set up right now is that you would only get to play with both of those characters if you nominate one of them and someone else nominates the other one.  BUT, we can make changes to the rules.  We can make things harder or easier.  Just make your ideas known if you are interested.

Great Idea so maybe we can choose 6 nominees & we can use THEM ONLY THEM in teams & when another char dies & Progress must be submitted at least every week

Yes -- did you want to organize the tournament, venom64?

Hmm i like your rules fox! One of you guys should start this or a should I restart the game or make  new thread?

I got the impression that venom64 wanted to "host" the new tournament.  You and he can decide.  Does anyone else want to make any adjustments to the rules?  One thing we'll need to decide is are we going to just nominate one character or two.  I think we should just nominate one for now and see how many people intend to play.  We can give a few days (maybe until after Thanksgiving) to get an idea.