HeroSelect V1.6 RELEASED (international language support)

Started by Norrin Radd, July 08, 2007, 12:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic
is it possible that this patch/update can be added to ps2? (in some time)

Quote from: Peyo on June 08, 2008, 10:20AM
is it possible that this patch/update can be added to ps2? (in some time)

If someone answers yes to this:
:jumping:

July 12, 2008, 03:50PM #183 Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 03:53PM by Norrin Radd
Update comming soon, which will make it so you NO LONGER need xmlb-compile, everything will come packaged

edit:
Released new version 1.6 (see first post). This version DOES NOT REQUIRE xmlb-compile. It comes with my own compiler (NRcompiler). Please let me know of any problems you may have.

I'm getting :
Error input file could not be opened
when I click 'accept team'.

Thanks for letting me know. Would you mind trying this NRcompiler (instead of the one packaged)? Download Here
It should indicate the input and output file names right below or on top of the error. I had the same problem you mentioned before but I fixed it on my machine, I'm wondering why it won't work on yours.

Quote from: Norrin Radd on July 12, 2008, 05:01PM
Thanks for letting me know. Would you mind trying this NRcompiler (instead of the one packaged)? Download Here
It should indicate the input and output file names right below or on top of the error. I had the same problem you mentioned before but I fixed it on my machine, I'm wondering why it won't work on yours.

Installed it, it appears the compiler 'assumes' a standard install path, ie:
c:\\program files\\activision\\Marvel- ultimate Alliance\\data\\herostat.engb
whereas my game is actually installed on drive G:, and probably not in the registry either, as I have done a clean reinstall of windows without reinstalling the game.
So thats why it's not working for me. For everyone with a standard install it should work fine.

You should be able to change that in the herostat.cfg file (and thanks for trying it out). From c to g drive i mean. The path can be manually edited

Quote from: Norrin Radd on July 12, 2008, 05:17PM
You should be able to change that in the herostat.cfg file (and thanks for trying it out). From c to g drive i mean. The path can be manually edited

Yep, that seemed to work.

As always Norrin great work. I haven't checked this site out for some time. Alot of great mods out there. I noticed that you thanked me for testing this out. I did not feel I helped you out that much but thanks for including me.

Hey Norrin, what did you write this in?  I'm wondering if I could build a XBE (Xbox Executable) version using OpenXDK.  If the code isn't terribly complicated it might be easily portable.

the gui is in ms vb .net, and it uses a separately built exe from c++

Hmm, the frontend is what what would be tough.  I mean non-rendered C++ is just C++, but I don't know how easily VB.net frontends would port.

so if I have the heroselect i won't need to use the characterselect . Right?