HeroSelect V1.6 RELEASED (international language support)

Started by Norrin Radd, July 08, 2007, 12:34AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been a lurker here for a good while now, but I thought I'd finally sign up and let you know this is a great tool, especially for lazy people like me, I could never be bothered to go through and customize my herostat before a game, but this makes it a lot quicker and easier, I'm definitely interested in a GUI version though, so I hope the coding goes well, and thanks!

thanks for the response MyronJ906, i hope to get it ready for release within the next week or so

Any time, oh and also, did you at some point say this was supposed to work for XML2 as well?  I think I remember reading something earlier in the thread about it, and if so, do you simply change the contents of the .cfg's to reflect the XML2 files/directories?

July 15, 2007, 08:22AM #48 Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 03:34PM by Norrin Radd
i think it will be easy to change the program for it to work for xml2, but i havent set it up since i dont have the game or know what the herostat.engb is suppose to look like, or if there even is a herostat at all. i ordered the game twice, but once i received the wrong item in the mail, and i am waiting for my second copy. once i know more about the herostat format and the max amount of characters and such i can release a character selector for xml2.
edit: just received my pc copy of xml2 today

July 18, 2007, 11:26AM #49 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 08:19PM by Norrin Radd
Hero Select (graphical version of Character Select) is complete, and works, with the same team building functions as Character Select (default team, random team, custom team) except you need to choose the menu locations during custom character selection option.

I just need to write the instructions/tutorial then i will release it (probably 10-11ish pm eastern)

Edit: sorry for the delay, i am still writing the readme file
it should be ready within 1 hr from this edit

July 18, 2007, 09:20PM #51 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:23PM by Norrin Radd
HeroSelect, the graphical counterpart to CharacterSelect has now been released. Please see the pdf in the zip file for instructions.

One important note is that you will NEED to overwrite your mlm_team_back.igb and team_back.xmlb files before you can use either HeroSelect and CharacterSelect. They use certain menu locations that are not compatible with the psp menulocations. The files you need to overwrite them with are included in the release files.

Enjoy!

July 18, 2007, 09:22PM #52 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:24PM by iammingy
Thanks, Norrin Radd!!! :thumbsup2:

EDIT: Very professional stuff! The readme comes in PDF format... :D

July 18, 2007, 09:26PM #53 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:32PM by BliZZ
Awesome, awesome, awesome. :thumbsup2:

EDIT: Dude, this is SO on the money for the DLC :bowdown1:

Quote from: iammingy on July 18, 2007, 09:22PM
Thanks, Norrin Radd!!! :thumbsup2:

EDIT: Very professional stuff! The readme comes in PDF format... :D

Quote from: BliZZ on July 18, 2007, 09:26PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome. :thumbsup2:

EDIT: Dude, this is SO on the money for the DLC :bowdown1:

Thanks for the support!

OK... I have a question. :shy:

In the help file, you said:

After Addition:

thing
thor
msmarvel
wolverine
endoffile
blackwidow <- Black Widow added

So, any new characters must be added after "endoffile" for this part but before "endoffile" and "EOF" in actual the herostat entry.  Am I correct?

I can read, but I just want to confirm this. :runaway:

July 18, 2007, 09:42PM #56 Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 09:45PM by Norrin Radd
There are so many little details like this that i just say to do one way, so that everyone will do it this way. or else i would have to say: you can place them here or there, ect.

this is a good question however because it affects Default character selection. For default selection, it takes the characters from lines 2-28 iirc, so if you want for example black widow to be default, instead of captain america, replace his name with hers, and add captain america's name somewhere out of the first 2-28 lines, but somewhere on the list

July 18, 2007, 09:44PM #57 Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:48PM by Norrin Radd
Quote from: iammingy on July 18, 2007, 09:39PM
So, any new characters must be added after "endoffile" for this part but before "endoffile" and "EOF" in actual the herostat entry.  Am I correct?

sorry i didnt fully read what you said.
ALL entries must be included before the EOF line, and before the team entry (endoffile) (i think they can be after the team entry, but put them before to be safe)

edit:
so for the first part of your question, the names can be placed anywhere on the name list (as long as they are before endoffile)

please let me know if this is unclear

Edit: see the new pdf for instructions on name placing. You need to place it BEFORE endoffile, because the last character on the list will not work, so leave endoffile as the last one.

I've run across a problem. If I select "default" or "random", Black Panther (or whoever was first for random, in my case Ghost Rider) shows up in menulocation 1, while everyone else ends up in menulocation 0. Any Idea why this would be?